• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

The unfortunate thing is that just like the run in last season we only play first once...it would have been nice to be in with the chance of closing the gap to 1pt next but we do have the best chance possible to start putting further doubts with the FA Cup Semi Final next. That is huge and although it won't close the 4pt gap it will give everyone a massive lift!

The unfortunate thing is that just like the run in last season we only play first once...it would have been nice to be in with the chance of closing the gap to 1pt next but we do have the best chance possible to start putting further doubts with the FA Cup Semi Final next. That is huge and although it won't close the 4pt gap it will give everyone a massive lift!

The next game though we have an extra 24 hours to recover from what will be a physically and emotionally draining game for our players - thats a definite advantage. Our next game is also against Palace, who play on the Sunday, whereas they play Southampton who will have had the weekend off

If UTD get through to the Europa semi final's then we will play them after their second leg. They could be tired, have injuries and/or be psychologically elsewhere depending on the result. If they win the final then some of their player's may take a rest against us, aiming to look after themselves prior to the final, whilst a loss for them may see them either not in the mood or completely fired up. Hopefully they make it to the final.

Outside of UTD, my only big worry is Leicester away. Their fan's don't like us and will want a result from their team, although if Atletico knock them out they may be on holiday by then.
Palace are probably safe and have a short turn around after travelling to Liverpool. They also have Burnley in the game after that which they might decide to focus on (I doubt it but other manager's have rested players against us).
Arsenal will be up for the NLD, but I think Poch can get it right against Wenger.
Wham are also safe and may be relaxed.
Hull should be a win. I reckon they will know their fate before the game, with a lot of the games that they and Swansea will be expecting to get points from coming way before the end of the season.

I still don't see Chelsea dropping enough points though unless other team's learn from today. West Brom could be one of those but imo they are on holiday already. Everton might do something but they don't seem to have enough to deal with the bigger teams. What we need is for one of the relegation battlers to turn up on the day and frustrate them.

Basically all of Chelsea's remaining games are against teams that have nothing to play for. Even if we get 18/18 (and we won't) it's still probable given their season that they won't lose/draw more than one game. I like to dream as much as the next Spurs fan but surely calling this race a longshot is an understatment

Obviously, we could phuck up our own games, but the thing that gives me hope is that if Chelsea slip again soon (next two league games are Southampton at home and Everton away) and we reduce the gap to 1 or 2 points, Chelsea are under huge pressure then, no matter who they play. They are maybe just losing a bit of form and picking up injuries at the wrong time, and the pressure not to phuck up this "certain" league title will be huge.

Its ok thinking about Chelsea dropping points but we have a few fixtures we could easily drop points in. We need to concentrate on getting champions league football first and foremost, anything more than that is a bonus.

I know it's a big ask of the team but we are playing well and seem to be playing with confidence, my only concern is that the focus is on us when 2/3 other sides can also finish the season strongly, if we were to finish 1st or 2nd I would say it would be an amazing season, far more than I expected.

Realistically we can't keep winning all of our games ... if we exist Chelsea to slip a little surely we are due a small blip also....grumbles has entered the building.

Ps Conte post match interview has him on the ropes

Realistically we can't keep winning all of our games ... if we exist Chelsea to slip a little surely we are due a small blip also....grumbles has entered the building.

Ps Conte post match interview has him on the ropes

This Chelsea team won 13 on the bounce and their squad is clearly not as good as ours as demonstrated by their weakness today losing 1 outfield player

Leiceter last season has some amazing runs of form too

Anything can happen in this league and we need to just believe in the team

Pressure is on Chelsea, not on us. Chelsea know that. We are doing all that we can, breathing down their necks and in the form of our lives.

Chelsea may start to have seeds of doubt growing in the players minds. If Chelsea are at 0-0 and playing well but not scoring, isn't it possible for them to start thinking that perhaps it won't be their day? Frustration starts creeping in, ill discipline starts to become a more common theme, and in a squad with the likes of Diego Costa about, that could start creating its own problems.

All that we can do is keep pushing on, doing the best that we can to ensure that 'if' Chelsea slip from the title, we can take advantage and bring glory home.

Although it seems unlikely that we will win the title, it's not impossible and we need to keep pushing hard until it either is impossible, or hopefully we are instead crowned as Champions.

As for the quality of the teams we face. We've played both Chelsea, and Emirates Marketing Project, when each of the sides were on course to set records, and yet, we beat them both. We shouldn't be scared of the opposition. We have proved we have the character, the fight to win (especially prevalent in the Swansea comeback), and the team collective spirit required to secure the points in every game remaining.

Come on you Spurs. Time to believe, time to achieve!!

Last edited:
Pressure is on Chelsea, not on is. Chelsea know that. We are doing all that we can, breathing down their necks and in the form of our lives.

Chelsea may start to have seeds of doubt growing in the players minds. If Chelsea are at 0-0 and playing well but not scoring, isn't it possible for them to start thinking that perhaps it won't be their day? Frustration starts creeping in, ill discipline starts to become a more common theme, and in a squad with the likes of Diego Costa about, that could start creating its own problems.

All that we can do is keep pushing on, doing the best that we can to ensure that 'if' Chelsea slip from the title, we can take advantage and bring glory home.

Although it seems unlikely that we will win the title, it's not impossible and we need to keep pushing hard until it either is impossible, or hopefully we are instead crowned as Champions.

As for the quality of the teams we face. We've played both Chelsea, and Emirates Marketing Project, when each of the sides were on course to set records, and yet, we beat them both. We shouldn't be scared of the opposition. We have proved we have the character, the fight to win (especially prevalent in the Swansea comeback), and the the team collective spirit required to secure the points in every game remaining.

Come on you Spurs. Time to believe, time to achieve!!
Yes El G!

I just decided fudge it; we're in great form, lets just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. We're good enough to win all remaining PL games + the cup semi - wheter we will, heaven knows, but I'm absolutely certain we will see some top class football played by Spurs for the rest of the season, and THAT I will enjoy.

Because there's no doubt in my mind this is the best Spurs side I've seen in my almost 30 years as a supporter. In a few years this could be gone and there could be 30 years until the next time.

COYS!

Last edited:
6 games to go. Lets just focus on the next game. Liverpool and City are also praying that we mess up. Lets not give them the chance. Lets win our next match.

Was thinking that as well given that they both have easy run-ins. Really hoping that Man U pip Liverpool to 4th but Liverpool seem to have worked out how to win with Mane

Back