• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Apart from Liverpoo away game, I don't see any of our fixtures between now and the end of the season as being not winnable. We were lucky against City but if we can get back to playing our normal game we should be able to amass a shed load of points. See how Chelsea go in their fixtures but I'm far more relaxed about our top four chances now and still believe the title is possible.

I don't see the two games a week issue as being a problem just yet tbh. I think the Wycombe and Gent games for example we will rotate reasonably and not see a massive drop off in quality of performance. I think the problem possibly arises when we get into mid March when perhaps we have a potential FA Cup quarter final to prepare for which will be a massive game whoever we play and potentially a last 16 tie in the Europa League which will likely be against a side where we can't really rotate if we want to progress.

However, hopefully by that point in 6-8 weeks time, Vertonghen will be back and suitably rested, Alderweireld will hopefully have at least 10 days off now to recover and we might even be able to do without him until Feb 11th against Liverpool and possibly we might have Lamela back in that time as well.

I am just looking forward to it tbh, Pretty much every season since 09/10 we have had a keen interest in at least one competition during the run in to the end of the season be that Top 4, Challenging for the league or going into the latter stages of european/domestic cup competitions.

Still think the title is beyond us for various reasons but IF there is even a slight chance of us winning it, we need to cut the gap to 3-5 points by the time the Europa kicks off again (unless we get knocked out by Gent) as we will be playing Thursday - Sunday whilst playing catch up with Chelsea. I can actually see this season panning out like last season if truth be told i.e. we position ourselves as the team most likely to challenge Chelsea but we fall short, but hopefully don't bottle 2nd place.

I am however quite confident we should get top 4. Liverpool are City are great going forward but our defence is far superior to theirs. United are still a threat but have too many teams to overtake.

Still think the title is beyond us for various reasons but IF there is even a slight chance of us winning it, we need to cut the gap to 3-5 points by the time the Europa kicks off again (unless we get knocked out by Gent) as we will be playing Thursday - Sunday whilst playing catch up with Chelsea. I can actually see this season panning out like last season if truth be told i.e. we position ourselves as the team most likely to challenge Chelsea but we fall short, but hopefully don't bottle 2nd place.

I am however quite confident we should get top 4. Liverpool are City are great going forward but our defence is far superior to theirs. United are still a threat but have too many teams to overtake.
If we're in the running again I would not be surprised if we get a run of three or four Monday night games just to add extra pressure to our challenge. Cnuts.

losing vital points. i blame poch for not buying an eriksen replacement. win the euro or stay top 4. no time and not enough talent for the fa cup.

losing vital points. i blame poch for not buying an eriksen replacement. win the euro or stay top 4. no time and not enough talent for the fa cup.

I know he should just resign, its a disgrace that we are second in the league, and remain in the FA Cup and Europa League.
Out of interest which world class number 10 that was available in January did you hope for?

Maybe we should have bid 53mil for Oscar or 11mil for snodgrass

I know he should just resign, its a disgrace that we are second in the league, and remain in the FA Cup and Europa League.
Out of interest which world class number 10 that was available in January did you hope for?

Maybe we should have bid 53mil for Oscar or 11mil for snodgrass

different expectations, you and I.

i am looking at working out the gaps from last season, and belive could've done so om the Dec window.
we shouldn't have to get someone at the peak of his career. and instead of sissoko, we could have gone for an upcoming or slightly over the hill talent, just to provide some competition for Eriksen. As of now we don't have one, poch doesn't seem to trust anyone else. Just look at the faith he has in eriksens free kicks.

i am looking at working out the gaps from last season, and belive could've done so om the Dec window.
we shouldn't have to get someone at the peak of his career. and instead of sissoko, we could have gone for an upcoming or slightly over the hill talent, just to provide some competition for Eriksen. As of now we don't have one, poch doesn't seem to trust anyone else. Just look at the faith he has in eriksens free kicks.

Thats not what you said though - you said you blamed Poch for not getting in a replacement for Eriksen?
Don't disagree that it appears we need to strengthen in that position, and the champions league showed the reserves as not as good as the first team, however as your post seems to be a reaction to last nights victory, im interested what your different plan was?

Eriksen hadn't played for 10days so would we have played the "over the hill talent" or the "upcoming talent" yesterday instead?

Maybe our expectations are different, i didn't EXPECT us to win the league this year. We are not Emirates Marketing Project (thank f***) and therefore we arent going to have 30-50mil signings that we just try out and then discard. If you come back and say well we can get Deli for 5mil then your completely right. All we need is to find 21 of him for 5mil, which is not realistic.

Be glad that we have managed to drag ourselves to this point, that doesn't stop us trying, but it should mean we all buy into where we are going.

after the Liverpool game our run of games leading up to the Arsenal home game is :

Stoke h
Everton h
Palace a
Southampton h
Burnley a
Swansea a
Watford h
Bournemouth h
Leicester a

i know things don't always work out how they should on paper but thats about as good a run of fixtures as we could hope for at this stage of the season.

i know ive mentioned it in a couple of threads now but had Lamela not been out injured for so long then that would have been cover/competition for Eriksen - not the same style of player granted but a creative link in the final third all the same

Every time we have a poor result we get fans on the forums and at the ground bemoaning this and that. If fans looked at our situation ( young side, not money doped like the other teams we are competing with,) and then think we can win the Prem this year, then in all honesty they are fooling themselves. We are STILL a work in progress and we are near but not at the position where we can win the Prem.

The same thing happened last year and when we failed to do it there was wailing and nashing of teeth about how we had blown it. Fans get carried away and there are many who have false expectations, according to some fans one minute we are brilliant and the next game we are rubbish, when in truth we are neither ( yet).

no ones fooling themselves by thinking we have a chance, we're second in the league in February - of course we have a bloody chance.

you'd be fooling yourself if you think we should be winning the league though

no ones fooling themselves by thinking we have a chance, we're second in the league in February - of course we have a bloody chance.

you'd be fooling yourself if you think we should be winning the league though

Well i have heard a few fans say we blew the title last season and i have heard more say we are in with a GOOD shout to do it this season.

It"s the all or nothing that you hear from some fans, ie we are either brilliant or crap ( depending on the result), when in all honesty we are neither. We are a young side who are getting better and when we start winning things the confidence will increase.

Well i have heard a few fans say we blew the title last season and i have heard more say we are in with a GOOD shout to do it this season.

It"s the all or nothing that you hear from some fans, ie we are either brilliant or crap ( depending on the result), when in all honesty we are neither. We are a young side who are getting better and when we start winning things the confidence will increase.

Agree we all know its only going to get worse with the new stadium, and with success, people just expect it, and think they deserve it.
My biggest fear is next year we finish 8th due to Wembley effect and end up with 35k there, with pressure on poch and a few players thinking they need to leave.

Keep this lot together and the second year in the new stadium could be the year...

I think we need to win something. It will give a massive lift and keep the momentum at the club. FA cup or EL would be awesome. Chelsea won't do a Saudi Sportswashing Machine and let the PL lead slip, but if they do we and a clutch of others will be on their coat tails.

Fans forget how Poch has raised the bar. Taking players like Alli, Kane and Dembele to stratospheric levels. We have hardly any net spend!

Poch is still developing. The team is too. Because we're in touching distance of the top fans get twitchy.

Year of the badger [emoji215] let's win something!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To me the title is in all likelihood, out of our reach now based on not getting 3 points against Sunderland but we should just keep plodding along and see where it takes us. I think we are more than capable of finishing 2nd/3rd provided we don't pick up any more long term injuries. Last night is just one of those things, still kept the unbeaten run going and got a clean sheet so its not all bad.

I personally would prefer for us to really concentrate on both of the cups whilst still obviously taking care of business in the league. If we win on Saturday then we are on 50 points and with the run of games to come for us after Liverpool through to the Arsenal game I would think we are more than capable of getting to around 70 points + even allowing for a couple of blips which always happen.

Finishing in the top 4 is a priority for us but at the same time I really think as a squad we have to get to the very end of these cups and possibly win something in order to give the vibe around the club an extra boost heading into our season at Wembley.

Back