• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

This past weekend was almost perfect in terms of top 4 finishing. Long may we continue to pick up points while our rivals drop 'em.

This weekend:
Emirates Marketing Project v Spurs
Liverpool v Swansea
Arsenal v Burnsley
Chelsea v Hull

We've got by far the hardest game. I've already said in the betting thread to do a Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea accumulator because even though the odds aren't great, if you lose your tenner you're not gonna mind too much ;)

This weekend:
Liverpool v Swansea
Arsenal v Burnsley
Chelsea v Hull

We've got by far the hardest game. I've already said in the betting thread to do a Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea accumulator because even though the odds aren't great, if you lose your tenner you're not gonna mind too much ;)
As long as your avatar stays happy and cold...

This weekend:
Liverpool v Swansea
Arsenal v Burnsley
Chelsea v Hull

Oh No. I've lost my bet. :D

Get in.

Liverpool = us under Harry.

I thought Liverpool were playing amazing football earlier in the season. Picking up the plaudits but their squad just didn't feel like it was as good as the football they were playing. Yes some talent but they were awesome. If Klopp could have kept that up with that squad as it currently is, he would have been an absolute genius.

Maybe they'll pick up again when the rest of us get back to European games, but I'm not convinced it will be that much of a hinderance. If we really are a top team it shouldn't affect us, and we do have a deep squad. It didn't stop Man United being in the champions league all those years and still winning the PL, so it shouldn't stop us if we really are challengers.

I don't think thats an accurate comparison - we were a genuine top team under HR, we just flopped in the end. Liverpool are like West Ham last year, over performing given their squad

I don't think thats an accurate comparison - we were a genuine top team under HR, we just flopped in the end. Liverpool are like West Ham last year, over performing given their squad

I think your both wrong but hey that's opinions

I look at this pool team abd see one so similar to the one that Suarez almost lifted to the title. Great in some aspects and less than average in others. Their problem is of their electing on Matip already then their seriously weak squad wise and it's not gonna get easier

I think your both wrong but hey that's opinions

I look at this pool team abd see one so similar to the one that Suarez almost lifted to the title. Great in some aspects and less than average in others. Their problem is of their electing on Matip already then their seriously weak squad wise and it's not gonna get easier

That Suarez Rodgers season for Liverpool is the one I would compare to our final year with Redknapp actually - had our season not been derailed we would have taken the title chase to the final days of the season, as they did with a fully focused side.

That Suarez Rodgers season for Liverpool is the one I would compare to our final year with Redknapp actually - had our season not been derailed we would have taken the title chase to the final days of the season, as they did with a fully focused side.

But we did have awoke very good defenders

They haven't had any in a long while and didn't appear to realise it then or now

Great attacking, unstructured and rock and roll football and a run of straight wins taking us into the top 3 as the second half of the season begins, only for cracks to begin showing.

Great attacking, unstructured and rock and roll football and a run of straight wins taking us into the top 3 as the second half of the season begins, only for cracks to begin showing.
In that sense maybe - I don't agree with the conclusion that neither team were as good as their early performances suggested - whilst I think that's true for Liverpool, I think we were a genuine top team (as we're Liverpool under Rodgers that season)

Last edited:
In that sense maybe - I don't agree with the conclusion that neither team were as good as their early performances suggested - whilst I think that's true for Liverpool, I think we were a genuine top team

I think we were a top 4 team and that's where we finished. With a bit more structure and a bit less 'it will be fine because we'll score more than you' maybe we would have got the couple of extra points to finish above Arsenal.

Basically what I'm saying is we had a good team but we weren't greater than the sum of our parts over a season. I actually think Liverpool have been far greater than their quality suggests in these first few months, but if they were to sustain it he really would possess some managerial secret and be ahead of the game. As it is, with the quality they have, I see them slipping, or certainly not sustaining what they've done so far. Just like us in that season under Harry.

I think we were a top 4 team and that's where we finished. With a bit more structure and a bit less 'it will be fine because we'll score more than you' maybe we would have got the couple of extra points to finish above Arsenal.

Basically what I'm saying is we had a good team but we weren't greater than the sum of our parts over a season. I actually think Liverpool have been far greater than their quality suggests in these first few months, but if they were to sustain it he really would possess some managerial secret and be ahead of the game. As it is, with the quality they have, I see them slipping, or certainly not sustaining what they've done so far. Just like us in that season under Harry.

Well I guess it comes down to a difference of opinion on the quality of the 11/12 team - I think had England not come calling we'd have been closer to the title than 4th and a good comparison to Liverpool in the season they finished 2nd, rather than the Liverpool of this season that I think you describe accurately.

Well I guess it comes down to a difference of opinion on the quality of the 11/12 team - I think had England not come calling we'd have been closer to the title than 4th and a good comparison to Liverpool in the season they finished 2nd, rather than the Liverpool of this season that I think you describe accurately.

Alas, it was not to be.

Man United are another curious one this season for me. They are tearing Stoke apart, very unlucky to be behind, and have been putting in good performances for a few months now. But I just don't think their squad is that good either. Talent in places sure. A functioning system sure. But I don't think they are 'holy brick they won't lose for 20 games and will tear teams apart in the process' good.

Still think what I thought a few weeks ago. The three London clubs will finish in the top 4, probably 1st to 3rd in some order

The two Manchester clubs and Liverpool are battling for 4th

Still think what I thought a few weeks ago. The three London clubs will finish in the top 4, probably 1st to 3rd in some order

The two Manchester clubs and Liverpool are battling for 4th

Well, our place is mathematically represented by the formula of x = y + 1, where x is us and y is Arsenal. :p

We were distinctly average today and yet still showed a cutting edge when given chances. Emirates Marketing Project, UTD and Liverpool atm are like us at the start of the season, they are failing to take their chances. Emirates Marketing Project for all their pressure only scored because Lloris decided to let them (generous chap that he is). That's for both their goals!! UTD are a real Mourinho team, but right now Ibra is their only consistent goal scorer.

I still think it is too early to call the top four, especially with European football around the corner. We just need to win our remaining games against the bottom 12 and then probably relax.

Back