• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

I'm surprised at all the positivity in here.

Our run-in is absolutely brutal.

I will be amazed if we get second place.

Palace have just beaten all our rivals.

Utd and Arse are very tough.

Leicester and Spam hate us.

Hull are on fire.

Agreed. My predictor has us finishing 3rd on goal difference. It will probably feel disappointing but i'd have snapped your hand off at that back in August.

Jeez how on earth did you come to this conclusion?!

We are in as good a form as anyone in the league, every team you've mentioned are easily below us in the league,we've lost just THREE league games all season but all of a sudden we are going to shed a load of points to Hull,Palace etc?!

Law of odds say we're bound to have a slip up at some point, and arguably it hasn't come yet. I liked the look of our run-in back in Jan/Feb, but since then Hull have been putting in some v.good performances under pressure; Leicester have their mojo back; Arsenal have just won their last two having been woeful; Palace are turning over the big teams left, right and centre; and United are turning an unbeaten run of draws into wins.

So, despite how good we might be, there's a slip-up a-coming. I fear it'll be Wednesday having watched Chels spank So'ton tonight. If we can get 3pts at Selhurst though, the confidence will be right back through that team.

I don't think that there will be any sort of collapse, but I do expect us to draw at least two of that lot. I don't think Leicester and Wet Spam will pose much of a threat. I watched The Irons against Neverton and they were about as woeful a team as I have seen all season. Leicester are what they are, and I fully expect our boys to pull down their pants and ram them at their place.

Agreed. My predictor has us finishing 3rd on goal difference. It will probably feel disappointing but i'd have snapped your hand off at that back in August.

Law of odds say we're bound to have a slip up at some point, and arguably it hasn't come yet. I liked the look of our run-in back in Jan/Feb, but since then Hull have been putting in some v.good performances under pressure; Leicester have their mojo back; Arsenal have just won their last two having been woeful; Palace are turning over the big teams left, right and centre; and United are turning an unbeaten run of draws into wins.

So, despite how good we might be, there's a slip-up a-coming. I fear it'll be Wednesday having watched Chels spank So'ton tonight. If we can get 3pts at Selhurst though, the confidence will be right back through that team.
Of course, I have no doubt we will slip up at some point I ageee. But to state our run in as brutal, listing a reason why we should be fearful of every team left to play is ridiculous. We will drop points, but we will be successful in the majority of matches I think and this is coming from someone who tends to err on the side of caution....

Trust me I have no love for either the Scousers or the Goons however a part of me would like to see them come third and fourth respectively just so neither City or Utd make the CL (with Utd getting knocked out in the semis of the Europa).

Then all the top players they are interested in, including Rose and Walker all decide they want to play CL football next season

Trust me I have no love for either the Scousers or the Goons however a part of me would like to see them come third and fourth respectively just so neither City or Utd make the CL (with Utd getting knocked out in the semis of the Europa).

Then all the top players they are interested in, including Rose and Walker all decide they want to play CL football next season

United and City wouldn't feel the affects of missing out on CL as much as the other two - it's those we want to miss out.

I don't think we'll sell to either anyway so the second point is moot, imo

I know where you are coming from but ultimately missing Cl will not harm Utd or City long term because of their finances. They can keep throwing money at the problem until something sticks. Arsenal and Liverpool falling out of the CL spots would mean that we could compete favourably with both those teams in the transfer market. Let's face it, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea are shopping in a different player market to us really.

I probably should know this but if Utd win the El and finish top 4 is that an extra CL spot for English clubs via the league?

I know where you are coming from but ultimately missing Cl will not harm Utd or City long term because of their finances. They can keep throwing money at the problem until something sticks. Arsenal and Liverpool falling out of the CL spots would mean that we could compete favourably with both those teams in the transfer market. Let's face it, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea are shopping in a different player market to us really.

I probably should know this but if Utd win the El and finish top 4 is that an extra CL spot for English clubs via the league?

No

Jeez how on earth did you come to this conclusion?!

We are in as good a form ... but all of a sudden we are going to shed a load of points to Hull,Palace etc?!

Jeez harr, alekaras, billyiddo, StephenH and 1 other... because they are all bang in form at home and/or hate us. I thought I made that obvious.
It is not unusual for a team like Wet Spam to look cack one week and suddenly bang up for it the next week in their cup final.

Obvs I'm HOPING that we continue to steamroller all before us, but the way the form guide http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england has panned out is brutal.
For 30 years I've been bowing down in front of the Football Gods hoping for a pat on the head, but just got a kick in the face.

Jeez harr, alekaras, billyiddo, StephenH and 1 other... because they are all bang in form at home and/or hate us. I thought I made that obvious.
It is not unusual for a team like Wet Spam to look cack one week and suddenly bang up for it the next week in their cup final.

Obvs I'm HOPING that we continue to steamroller all before us, but the way the form guide http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england has panned out is brutal.
For 30 years I've been bowing down in front of the Football Gods hoping for a pat on the head, but just got a dingdong in the ass with no lube.

Tomorrow will tell us a tale on how well Poch has changed our 'mentality'. It may just decide how the rest of the season will pan out.

Whisper it quietly but if Cheatski draw vs Everton, we could go top with two wins in our next two games.....

Back