• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 'Where Are They Now?' Thread

Re: The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Paul Stalteri retires

He did something away to Sunderland as well which cost us two points in the closing minutes :(

You guys need to submit and give yourself to the power of diesel. All sins were forgiven in that moment. The skill. The guile. The pace. The power, and the sheer swagger in which he dispatches the ball in the net. Phenomenal.

His wife actually got in contact with me via facebook after seeing all the nice things we wrote about him before... she asked for a copy of the below comic which she gave Paul for his bday :)

stalteri-001-1.jpg

[video=youtube;MhAchC9u98o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MhAchC9u98o#t=16 s[/video]

his other goal for us (against Leicester in the cup) wasn't too shabby

16 seconds onward in the video.

i was there 8)

lost 3-2 after being 2 up, in typical Tottenham style :lol:

Last edited:

His wife actually got in contact with me via facebook after seeing all the nice things we wrote about him before... she asked for a copy of the below comic which she gave Paul for his bday :)

stalteri-001-1.jpg

=D>

You know there's a good chance he's got that framed somewhere in his house!

Absolutely dreadful player.

Loved that goal v West Ham though.

how was that leicester cup game a classic, 2 brick sides trying desperately to get knocked out

Haters need to recognize the talent of dr.Diesel. He was part of our best defense in years at the time, fantastic player! Every goal he's blamed for was a foul on him - you better recognize, fools!

A spacegoat for dingdongs, shame on you lot.

He's given me better memories than a lot of the absolute dross that called themselves Spurs players in the last 20-odd years.

Good luck Paul, that goal against the Hammers will always keep you in Spurs folklore.

I don't remember ever going quite so mental about a goal as I did at Upton Park that day.

Well, OK, the winner at the Emirates two years ago probably beats it as I did my ankle in celebrating that one, but still.

Where did the diesel nickname come from by the way?

stalteri has 100 times more between the ears than kyle walker . and stalteri was an excellent team defender. you'd rarely catch him as rhe guy that plays anyone onside. (even though we defended really deep those days)

loved him

I'll always remember him just giving up with Adebayor at Highbury before Henry equalised.

[video=youtube;kG1KTKxR7bM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG1KTKxR7bM[/video]

Not sure if that's a tongue-in-cheek comment or not but it's simply not true he gave up.
Look again and you'll see his ankle is clipped from behind which makes him lose his footing and fall to the ground. Couldn't believe a foul wasn't awarded then and still can't believe it now having seen it again.

I didn't think it was a foul then and still don't to this day.

If we had done the same and ended up scoring to make it 0-2 at Highbury, we wouldn't give a fudge neither.

If we had done the same and ended up scoring to make it 0-2 at Highbury, we wouldn't give a fudge neither.

Were you the ref then?

His ankle is 'tapped' at least twice by Adebayor before he falls to the ground, nobody would run like that normally would they? Unless drunk of course.

i dont believe you dont think thats a foul

There's a statue of him at the Spurs pub in Toronto (quite rightly) - legend.

Back