• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Nah. It was a lame argument. Trying to denigrate our team who have improved massively.

:ross: Denigrate them? Please!

I said they've done well to get to so many finals. I also said there are a lot of countries who are good at swimming, USA, Australia, China etc. Swimming is taken seriously in this country. We should be competing at the highest level, which we are doing.

Yeah we have done really well, I think they said we only made 6 finals in Beijing and have made around 15 so far this time. Thats good progress and they are all fairly young too and most still have another olympics left in them.

Having first 8 qualify regardless of heat is a little unfair in some ways, I bet swimmers pace is often guided by those in other lanes etc. Maybe top 2 from each semi could be guaranteed then rest on times etc

Having first 8 qualify regardless of heat is a little unfair in some ways, I bet swimmers pace is often guided by those in other lanes etc. Maybe top 2 from each semi could be guaranteed then rest on times etc
Agree with this completely. Heat winner and runner-up should have preference, imho

Yeah we have done really well, I think they said we only made 6 finals in Beijing and have made around 15 so far this time. Thats good progress and they are all fairly young too and most still have another olympics left in them.

The swimmers with the best times get put in the middle lanes and the winner normally come from the middle lanes because they get the least disruption from the waves.

GHod DAMN

302454_252883754831234_1093893384_n.jpg

Thats exactly what is right now!

2 semi finals. Outscore your opponent to win

lol

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I meant if one ends in a 4-4 draw and the other semi final ends in a 3-1 win - the first semi final the 4-4 one - both teams go through.

Wanna fight

Tickets just popped up for basketball, wait time 15 minutes, is that standard? Pretty sure I ordered them within a couple minutes of them popping up, maybe I should have gone for the slightly more expensive ones as there will likely be less demand.

To be fair, we should be decent at swimming, it's an indoor sport. Not saying we underachieve because they are plenty of other countries who are great at swimming, but we should be getting to plenty of finals at the very least, which we have done this year.

We shouldn't be getting to many finals at the very least given the number of pools, swimmers and lack of beach culture.

You're trying to diminish them.

Tickets just popped up for basketball, wait time 15 minutes, is that standard? Pretty sure I ordered them within a couple minutes of them popping up, maybe I should have gone for the slightly more expensive ones as there will likely be less demand.

I waited 15 mins for mine.

The swimmers with the best times get put in the middle lanes and the winner normally come from the middle lanes because they get the least disruption from the waves.

They could still do lanes by overall fastest time but let top 2 come in as automatic qualifiers for the reasons I mentioned

And yeah I had a 15 minute wait the other day, thought I had 100m final tickets but by the time countdown finished they were gone

They could still do lanes by overall fastest time but let top 2 come in as automatic qualifiers for the reasons I mentioned

And yeah I had a 15 minute wait the other day, thought I had 100m final tickets but by the time countdown finished they were gone

Down to 5 minutes now but keeps flip flopping up and down. They are the cheap Team GB tickets too, I added 2 games on the list so fingers crossed I get at least one, I imagine these will be in highest demand though so not sure.

I just filled up with athletics tickets and request tickets button is broken, fudge sake.

See if I can get some BMX tickets for Friday as athletics seems to kill that button. Too many people after them I bet.

Back