• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Like I said. I do not see how you can comment on the performance of a player that you have not seen first hand

I have seen some highlights now; and I think I stand by the view I formed from the Radio commentary.

Nothing against Bentaleb but we should have given him some help with Capoue beside them. Naive from TS imo

1) Lennon was anonymous

2) Sig kept drifting inside and left Rose isolated when attacking

3) Started slow again and never got going, we've managed to turn it around before but it was too late by time we eventually got going.

4) We came up against a team that are in **** hot form, it happens, AVB wasn't entirely to blame when we lost 6-0 and Sherwood isn't entirely to blame tonight either.

5) Eriksen never got into the game despite some outstanding set pieces.

6) Bentaleb looked out of his depth which isn't a disaster at this stage of his career.

7) Appalling decisions by the linesman.

8) Didn't close them down and they exploited the space we gave them.

I can't dance with any of that to be honest.

1) Lennon was anonymous

I wish that I could watch the game again with a camera placed on the other side of the pitch. Our right hand side looked pretty anonymous tonight but it was difficult to see why the ball wasn't going to them from the camera angle and not being able to see the whole pitch.

Tonight really amplified the near-impossible gulf between teams who can spend 150 mill a summer and teams who can't. This is no longer football as I Knew it. It's a 'product' for 'entertainment' more than a sport played competitively. Before anyone says we spent 100 mill this summer, we didn't. We spent approx 8.

I agree. I thought he looked good at the beginning of the season but has looked a little off the pace since coming back from injury and a liability at CB. I don't think that we can criticise Sherwood too much for showing faith in a young player who has done mainly well so far. I am not convinced that we would have faired radically better with any of the (match fit) alternatives playing in his place.

Do you think Capoue looked any more of a liability than Chiriches or Daws at CB tonight than Capoue v Liverpool?

Hanson fair and honest tonight. His analysis of our midfield is spot on, Dembele and Bentaleb don't seem exactly sure of where to be and look out of position too often.

Let's see if when we play against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea when we play Bentaleb instead of or without a Defensive CM how we get on, and what people's reactions to it will be if we get steamrollered through the centre again.

I agree. I thought he looked good at the beginning of the season but has looked a little off the pace since coming back from injury and a liability at CB. I don't think that we can criticise Sherwood too much for showing faith in a young player who has done mainly well so far. I am not convinced that we would have faired radically better with any of the (match fit) alternatives playing in his place.

The biggest mistake for me today though was starting Siggy. Completely invisible. Either of Eriksen or Chadli on the left would have been a better and more justified choice. Sigurdsson on the left just continues to disappoint. Lennon not involved either as we kept trying to force it through centrally. Rose the only one that managed to put a few balls into the box or thereabouts.

Agreed. Take the ban. Take the fine. Just state the bleeding obvious, that the linesman was shockingly bad!

And while I agree City are the best team, I was optimistic we could get something from the game until the linesman ruined it with his crap decision. His blatant mistake robbed us of the chance to have a fair go at City.

Assistant referee Scott Ledger was more than just bad. He was responsible for getting 2 major decisions wrong in favour of one team and should now be subject to a full investigation by the powers that be.

Wrong calls impact on title race

Assistant referee Scott Ledger had a major impact on the Premier League title chase last night as he made two huge wrong decisions.

In the first half Ledger cost Tottenham a vital equaliser when he raised his flag as Michael Dawson headed home a Christian Eriksen free-kick.

There were thoughts that Emmanuel Adebayor, who was in an offside position as the ball was crossed, might have been given offside but Ledger was alleged to have confirmed that it was Dawson for whom he flagged.
Not offside: The yellow line shows Dawson was on when the ball was kicked
+22

Not offside: The yellow line shows Dawson was on when the ball was kicked

In the second half, Ledger signalled a penalty to Emirates Marketing Project when Tottenham’s Danny Rose made a superb last-ditch tackle to deny Edin Dzeko, leaving referee Andre Marriner with no choice but to show Rose the red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

In fact, Rose had clipped the ball away from Dzeko, who then crumpled to the ground. Sometimes playing the ball is not enough as the follow-through wipes out the opponent; that was not the case here. It should have been a corner.

Graham Poll

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nchester-City-match-report.html#ixzz2rpbAO2sf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not playing a DM is one thing when you have box to box players who know how to defend, it's another when you don't

Hanson fair and honest tonight. His analysis of our midfield is spot on, Dembele and Bentaleb don't seem exactly sure of where to be and look out of position too often.

Of course, they are NOT defensive midfielders and do not do that job instinctively. Of course some of here disagree, just like Wenger a few years ago when his Arsenal side were getting battered away against big physical sides and they thought all they needed was two small nippy little passers who could do tiki-taka...

The biggest mistake for me today though was starting Siggy. Completely invisible. Either of Eriksen or Chadli on the left would have been a better and more justified choice. Sigurdsson on the left just continues to disappoint. Lennon not involved either as we kept trying to force it through centrally. Rose the only one that managed to put a few balls into the box or thereabouts.

I agree Sig was poor. I know that he is not everyone cup of tea but I would have started Chadli

I rarely do this, but in this case I will. I absolutely said exactly this above with regards to Bentaleb, who was clearly unsure of what Dembele was, or wasn't, going to do and where he was going to be. It impedes the partnering CM massively, and I think Bentaleb was often left in a no man's land of wanting to push on into spaces but not being sure that Dembele would hold. We saw this with the first goal, when Dembele was caught GHod knows where. As the senior prof,,it is on Dembele to be clearer IMO...

It sadly did.
But I had hoped such behaviour was behind us.
Forlorn.

It isn't and it probably won't ever be. Certainly not as long as people insist on taking things to extremes. If you're not in complete agreement you must be of the complete opposite opinion.

Tonight really amplified the near-impossible gulf between teams who can spend 150 mill a summer and teams who can't. This is no longer football as I Knew it. It's a 'product' for 'entertainment' more than a sport played competitively. Before anyone says we spent 100 mill this summer, we didn't. We spent approx 8.

no, we spent over 100 mill and got back 86 mill for one player.....that made us very lucky, how many players are sold for 86 mill????Yes we lost a great player, but we spent over 100 mill and the jury is very much out whether that money was spent wisely

Of course, they are NOT defensive midfielders and do not do that job instinctively. Of course some of here disagree, just like Wenger a few years ago when his Arsenal side were getting battered away against big physical sides and they thought all they needed was two small nippy little passers who could do tiki-taka...

It's not rocket science. When one pushes the other sits off slightly. The issue for me with Dembele is you never know when he will release the ball. It's a problem IMV...

The game wasn't like that. There was a gulf in quality (helped by some poor decisions), it wasn't a tika-taka team getting bullied out of a game.

Back