• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
I'd still take Gomez off. He has only had 14 touches of the ball so far. He has made 7 passes in 74 minutes.

this sounds about right.

can you compare that to lewandowski please? the guy someone called a headless chicken

(actually that wouldnt be fair as greece can really by the epitome of negative when they want to be)

Gomez certainly isn't a league two player. What nonsense.

His finishing isn't quite clinical enough to put him in the real world class category, but he has it all; strength, decent finishing, strong in the air, good positioning and is really deceptively quick.

If anyone thinks Bent could do a similiar job then its just a casr of them not watching German football on a regular basis im afraid. He is a quality striker.

His contribution to general play is below League 2 standard so apologies must go out to steve Kabba of Barnet and Danny Carlton of Morecambe FC for for even having the audacity to put Mario Gomez general play in the same bracket as theirs.

His contribution to general play is below League 2 standard so apologies must go out to steve Kabba of Barnet and Danny Carlton of Morecambe FC for for even having the audacity to put Mario Gomez general play in the same bracket as theirs.

you know what, honestly...am actually concerned about the way people say his overall play is great...mention him in top 10 in the world and world class etc........

......thing is sometimes you cant really say what you feel on here, except via PM, even though i wouldnt mean to be it would come out as unbearably arrogant and patronising (yes more so that i actually seem to be). its times like this i wish i was more like MLK.

in a diplomatic fashion, i dont agree with those that reckon his overall play is good. but hey , he scores goals in a defensively poorer league so he must be world class

i actually want to know what he has thats better than bent? bent hasnt got the best touch but neither does donkey Gomez

Roy Keane:
Luka Modric is a fine player but, and I had this discussion with a Spurs fan in a Warsaw restaurant the other night, he does not do enough.

For an attacking midfielder you would want him to chip in with more goals and more assists. Like Tottenham in general, he seems to fall short in the big games.

True that. Modders has a tendency to fall through in the bigger games. Also, has a couple of good hits a season, but in general, his shooting is quite brick.

This is humiliating for Harry. I think he conducted himself very well.

really? i thought it was pre-meditated actually

A couple of weeks ago he said he would steer well clear of TV work during the Euros, since then he has appointed Paul Stretford as an agent, he had a very public blast on sky sports last week, and guess what he now decides to appear at the Euro coverage.

Imo he knew he would be asked those questions, in fact id say that Stretford made sure that the people behind the scenes told Lineker to probe Redknapp about Spurs, England, Hodgson

Wonder if Varela is yet to sort out his contract with Porto. Granted he missed their best chance of the game but I think he could be a good acquisition for us.

All the matches have been fairly entertaining so far. The fact all the matches had goals is a plus point. Never thought Russia would be the biggest winners so far. Group B are turning out to be very tight as predicted. But never thought Denmark would beat Netherlands.

It was funny the way the Spurs-hating Gooner, the Poland goalie, concede the goal to Greece and then got send off. Maybe he should concentrate on his own game than other teams. :ross:

Spain-Italy match is going to be interesting. Spain have the edge but Italy always up their matches in big tournaments. Can see Ireland-Croatia match ending in a draw.

How many times can you say 'low expectations will help us' before people start getting expectations?

COME ON IRELAND! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-hhhhhhhaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

(NSFW for language)

[video=youtube;ljPFZrRD3J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8[/video]

really? i thought it was pre-meditated actually

A couple of weeks ago he said he would steer well clear of TV work during the Euros, since then he has appointed Paul Stretford as an agent, he had a very public blast on sky sports last week, and guess what he now decides to appear at the Euro coverage.

Imo he knew he would be asked those questions, in fact id say that Stretford made sure that the people behind the scenes told Lineker to probe Redknapp about Spurs, England, Hodgson

Lol was waiting for someone to put a negative spin on it, surprised it's taken this long to be fair....

Alexander Kerzhakov becomes the first striker in European Championship history to have 7 shots off target in a single game. He was hauled off after 74 minutes.

Russian coach Advocaat will be stupid if he starts Kerzhakov in the next match. He looked very clumsy. Pavly deserves to start in the next match.

Roy Keane:
Luka Modric is a fine player but, and I had this discussion with a Spurs fan in a Warsaw restaurant the other night, he does not do enough.

For an attacking midfielder you would want him to chip in with more goals and more assists. Like Tottenham in general, he seems to fall short in the big games.

How many times, he's not an attacking midfielder.....

All the matches have been fairly entertaining so far. The fact all the matches had goals is a plus point. Never thought Russia would be the biggest winners so far. Group B are turning out to be very tight as predicted. But never thought Denmark would beat Netherlands.

Agreed. Got all excited about SA2010 and then just felt let down. So this time just let it roll around, and besides it being nice there is some competitive meaningful footie on tele, its been v.entertaining. And with some of the results so far there is gonna be some real showdown matches in the groups.

Looking forward to ireland later. Always love watching the irish, always the underdog but unbreakable spirit and a great set of fans. England i'm not that bothered, i want us too win and would be happy for woy, he comes across as a decent fella and actually says something of substance in his interviews and not just a robot.

I'm no lover of Gomez but fudge me lads... Not every player has to have this all round amazing ability... And not every team needs eleven players of superstardom ability.

Its the same criticism laid out against the likes of Dawson etc. If they're great at what they do who the fudge cares if they're not proficient at the other stuff.

I would be happy to have a striker who just scored 30 goals a season and did fudge all else. That would do me.

Lol was waiting for someone to put a negative spin on it, surprised it's taken this long to be fair....

negative? Yes it is, but then again i would prefer not to hear anything from him apart from when he is introducing a new signing. I dont care what he thinks about Holland, Germany, portugal, England, Hodgson, the Euros, Rio, Lampard, Bobby Moore, jellied eels, Jamie, Louise, West Spaaam, his new contract, Daniel Levy's private life.

he should go away, take a proper break, and if he is still Tottenham manager come back for the pre season fit and refreshed

anyway it was all positive for Redknapp and thats all that matters for him. As long as he gets to say his piece, on tv, on radio, in the papers, to anyone who will listen, the happier he feels

I'm no lover of Gomez but fudge me lads... Not every player has to have this all round amazing ability... And not every team needs eleven players of superstardom ability.

Its the same criticism laid out against the likes of Dawson etc. If they're great at what they do who the fudge cares if they're not proficient at the other stuff.

I would be happy to have a striker who just scored 30 goals a season and did fudge all else. That would do me.

and thats fair enough, no qualms with that.... at least you didn't call him world class with a stone cold poker face

Its been great so far. I actually think major international tournaments are the best type of football. thats why i dont get people on this board who say they have no interest in england. now the tournament has started it gets you quite excited. and to be fair some of the teams have been poor like germany, holland so it gives england hope. the french though will be a very tough game.

and thats fair enough, no qualms with that.... at least you didn't call him world class with a stone cold poker face

nah, world class players don't play for bayern munich or represent germany at international level.... oh wait.

mate you are on a massive wind up, clearly. gomez is heads and shoulders better than any striker on our books and there is no way we'd be in with a chance of signing him. way out of our league.

Back