• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Pleaty's ones to watch for the tourney.

Alan Dzagoev (Russia)
Kevin Strootman (Holland)
Yann M'Vila (France)
Christian Eriksen (Denmark)
Mario G?Âtze (Germany)
James McClean (Ireland)

Full article

It's a shame Russia, Ireland and Denmark could all potentially be out by the group stages. I doubt McClean will play neither as Trapatoni prefers Duff and McGeady and hardly changes.

Last I heard about M'Vila he had an injury and does Strootman get ahead of VDV, de Jong, van Bommel etc?.. Gotze a sure starter? Had a horrible injury last year and there is a mass of talent in the German squad.

By the sounds of it the stadiums are going to be empty for most if not all games...

Well done to those who decided it should be in Ukraine / Russia

France 2016 will be the one to go and watch, 50 mins through the eurotunnel

No - I'm saying he should be held accountable for some the blame as opposed to completely exonorating him from something he had an absolutely key role in

Really?

Once a boy was up on a mountain peak standing in the snow, holding his collar up against the wind, and he happened upon a Cobra. The boy looked at the serpent as it shivered.

ÔÇ£Little boy, IÔÇÖm freezing. Please take me down the mountain where it is warm.ÔÇØ

The boy answered, ÔÇ£No, you are a poisonous snake and you will bite me if I try to pick you up. Even if you donÔÇÖt then you will surely bite me when you are warm.ÔÇØ

The snake answered back, ÔÇ£No if you spare my life I will not bite you. You have my promise.ÔÇØ

The boy considered this all for a moment then carefully he picked the adder up and placed it in his satchel and began his hike down the slope. Soon he was home and he took the snake and placed him near the fire. Before long the snake began to warm and move around. The boy seeing how beautiful it was began to stroke its scaly skin. Then the snake bit him.

Incredulous the boy looked at his swelling arm and cried out, ÔÇ£but you promised not to bite me. Now I will die. Why did you bite me?ÔÇØ

To which the serpent answered, ÔÇ£You knew what I was when you picked me up.ÔÇØ

Sol Campbell finally tips us off on how to get rid of him once and for all:

And if it is ever proven true that John Terry was chosen over Rio because of race then I would tell the FA that they can take back my 73 caps and scrub my name out of the record books. I would no longer want to be known as someone who played for England – that would be the end for me.

Your story, I'm afraid is not a great example here. Arry knew exactly what was happeneing and should be held accountable for some the the demise in all clubs which went bankrupt after he left. So basically in your view - they knew Arry would sign players they couldn't afford, Arry also knew he'd sign players they couldn't afford but still went on and picked those? ???

Actually the story I know is about a dog seeing a scorpion by the river side asking him for help to cross the river. Halfway through the scorpion stings the dog who then turns and asks - 'Why did you do that, now we'll both die?' 'Sorry, it's my nature.', replied the scorpion.

For my sins I actually really rate Kelly and am amazed he did not displace either of those thugs Agger or Skrtel in the middle of their defense, which is where I hear he's actually at his best.

Glad am not the only one. I also rate kelly very highly....i actually think he would be a better right back for us than kyle walker. plus his versatility to play in the centre of defense makes him very useful for crosses and corners

has a decent cross on him too

Sol Campbell finally tips us off on how to get rid of him once and for all:

And if it is ever proven true that John Terry was chosen over Rio because of race then I would tell the FA that they can take back my 73 caps and scrub my name out of the record books. I would no longer want to be known as someone who played for England – that would be the end for me.

NO-ONE GIVES A fudge WHAT YOU THINK YOU fudging CUUUUUUNT. YOU ARE IRRELEVANT. YOU'VE fudgeD UP YOUR CAREER SO BADLY YOU CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE fudging MEDIA FOR 5 SECONDS.

Sorry.

Your story, I'm afraid is not a great example here. Arry knew exactly what was happeneing and should be held accountable for some the the demise in all clubs which went bankrupt after he left. So basically in your view - they knew Arry would sign players they couldn't afford, Arry also knew he'd sign players they couldn't afford but still went on and picked those? ???

Actually the story I know is about a dog seeing a scorpion by the river side asking him for help to cross the river. Halfway through the scorpion stings the dog who then turns and asks - 'Why did you do that, now we'll both die?' 'Sorry, it's my nature.', replied the scorpion.

The snake one was in True Romance. In any case, it is absolutely nonsensical to blame a manager for overspending. Would you try second guessing how much a modern day owner can sink into a club? When the Venkeys were bidding for Ronaldinho, did any of us expect that they couldn't even afford their current playing staff's salaries?

Storrie is the business owner and financier, it is 100% his fault that the club went bankrupt. A manager only manages his budget, if he isn't given one then the flood gates open. Are you going to try and blame O'Leary for Leeds' dimise?

So, to bring this back around. You know a manager is a manager, they are after one thing, better footballers. Handing them even the slightest financial control of a club is suicide.

The snake one was in True Romance. In any case, it is absolutely nonsensical to blame a manager for overspending. Would you try second guessing how much a modern day owner can sink into a club? When the Venkeys were bidding for Ronaldinho, did any of us expect that they couldn't even afford their current playing staff's salaries?

Storrie is the business owner and financier, it is 100% his fault that the club went bankrupt. A manager only manages his budget, if he isn't given one then the flood gates open. Are you going to try and blame O'Leary for Leeds' dimise?

So, to bring this back around. You know a manager is a manager, they are after one thing, better footballers. Handing them even the slightest financial control of a club is suicide.

My guess is that the people who think this sort of stuff have never had budgets to manage, let alone tolerance levels within a greater budget. You are totally correct, it's the people that assign the budget that is to blame. It doesn't matter what industry it is, it's the same. In terms of football, if a Manager is giving too much money to spend then the fault lies with the person dishing out the cash.

Jermain Defoe will fly home to London after the striker was rocked by the news that his father Jimmy has died.
The Tottenham star could now miss the opening game against France on Monday due to the bereavement with the 29-year-old granted permission to leave England's base in Poland to be with his family.
Defoe was part of manager Roy Hodgson's 23-man party who arrived in Krakow on Wednesday but is expected to return 'in due course'.
A statement from the Football Association read: 'England striker Jermain Defoe has returned home to England this morning following the passing of his father overnight.

'Jermain will re-join the England Euro squad in due course. There will be no replacement player called in.'
Defoe's father, who was believed to have been ill for some time, was aged 49.

Even if we accept that for a second - still proves Redknapp had a hand in all that mess - whether Storrie knew it would happen or not is another story. Alternatively Arry could have made cheaper signings and looked after the long-term financial stablity. You make it sound like Arry stole his credit card and went on a shopping spree then when the bill came all the blame goes to Storrie! Arry was involved in EVERYTHING - he had % comissions on most singings - it was in his best interest to sign good and sell even better. Higher signings - higher comission in Rosie's bowl.

ffs can't we keep this tired debate in the relevant thread, bored of reading about harry being the anti christ blah blah

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Jermain Defoe will fly home to London after the striker was rocked by the news that his father Jimmy has died.
The Tottenham star could now miss the opening game against France on Monday due to the bereavement with the 29-year-old granted permission to leave England's base in Poland to be with his family.
Defoe was part of manager Roy Hodgson's 23-man party who arrived in Krakow on Wednesday but is expected to return 'in due course'.
A statement from the Football Association read: 'England striker Jermain Defoe has returned home to England this morning following the passing of his father overnight.

'Jermain will re-join the England Euro squad in due course. There will be no replacement player called in.'
Defoe's father, who was believed to have been ill for some time, was aged 49.

Terrible news

Even if we accept that for a second - still proves Redknapp had a hand in all that mess - whether Storrie knew it would happen or not is another story. Alternatively Arry could have made cheaper signings and looked after the long-term financial stablity. You make it sound like Arry stole his credit card and went on a shopping spree then when the bill came all the blame goes to Storrie! Arry was involved in EVERYTHING - he had % comissions on most singings - it was in his best interest to sign good and sell even better. Higher signings - higher comission in Rosie's bowl.

I like you, but you're crazy
news-quiz-ferrell.jpg

I'll say it for a third time, you cannot blame a manager for spending the budget you give him.

So if your wife blew your credit card tomorrow she'd be blameless because it's your fault you lent it to her for day (eventhouhg I wouldn't imagine giving strict insturctions - blow it all, hon).

You even admitted yourself Arry had a 'history'

Back