• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
I'm not denying that I'm no Parker fan but I think saying he was one of our best players is further from the truth than me giving him a 5.

I like my players to be able to play, is flinging yourself in front of the ball a footballing skill? Him and Milner are just far too limited for me, I guess everyone loves a tryer though.

The kind of performance i was expecting. At the end of the day, i dont think we have the players in the squad to take it to teams, especially when the opposition do have some quality players who can hurt us. I think it was shown in the couple of matches prior to the tournament how we would set up and dont expect things to change. We looked drilled to sit fairly deep, allow teams to play in front of us and then look to counter or make the most of our set plays. It might not be pretty but tactically with the players we have i think Roy has probably got it spot on. Dull as anything though.

I like my players to be able to play, is flinging yourself in front of the ball a footballing skill? Him and Milner are just far too limited for me, I guess everyone loves a tryer though.

You're being very harsh on Parker. A couple of times he was under real pressure, turned on the ball and kept possession (that by the way is skill), he also picked out some good passes including one 30 yard crossfield pass that I didn't even know he was capable of!

We stifled France's attacking game, which takes some doing. I thought it was an excellent performance overall - even with some players who probably don't deserve to be in the side. France will cause a lot of other teams problems. I thought Parker and Gerrard were very disciplined and as a unit the back four and midfield played well. Wellbeck was good too.

We 'll probably get done for a bit of invention and flair eventually, but at least, at times, we passed the the ball forward early and quickly for a change, instead of hoofing it up.

we didn't do too badly tonight, the only thing that worried me is that we sat far too deep. we genuinely didn't challenge anyone until they got to the 18 yard line.

One thing I'm a little disappointed with the competition is not the football , which has been decent but it's the little coverage we've seen outside the stadiums.

Group D Team
P GD PTS
England 1 0 1
France 1 0 1
Sweden 0 0 0
Ukraine 0 0 0

Yep I hear you .. But so long as we finish in top four, we've done well, we should be happy even with fourth.8-[

giftopng.php

The kind of performance i was expecting. At the end of the day, i dont think we have the players in the squad to take it to teams, especially when the opposition do have some quality players who can hurt us. I think it was shown in the couple of matches prior to the tournament how we would set up and dont expect things to change. We looked drilled to sit fairly deep, allow teams to play in front of us and then look to counter or make the most of our set plays. It might not be pretty but tactically with the players we have i think Roy has probably got it spot on. Dull as anything though.

I agree , it's what I expected too and I'm surprised at how surprised some people are at the game plan . Was good enough for Fulham to make a Europa Cup final and Roy employed same tactics with 'lesser' national teams in other tournaments.

Back