• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I enjoyed Brook v GGG, thought Brook was very game, he just didn't have the power being a naturally smaller man (imo). Nice to see fighters actually fighting rather than holding/pawing constantly.

IBF have ordered Brook to defend against Errol Spence Jr. Will be interested to see if Brook vacates or returns to WW, as Spence is quickly becoming the star of that division. I suspect Brook would only return to 147 for Khan, but realistically see him challenging the winner of Canelo v Smith next year.

September 2017 has been rumoured for Canelo v GGG, but Canelo has spoke of moving up to middleweight naturally rather than jumping up for one big fight. If Canelo has two fights and settles at MW I think he beats GGG.

Fury obviously has plenty of problems and the rumours are mental based issues so he needs proper help with that. For me, he has to be stripped with a ranking perhaps held in situ until he is ready to return in order to keep the division moving and bubbling. Rumours perhaps of Wlad v Joshua on Nov 26th. Personally, I think Joshua should fight Joseph Parker as planned and Wlad should have a tune up around that time after a long lay off before that fight which should be in March.

Joshua's next opponent is announced next week so as you say I doubt it will be Wlad, defo a 1st quarter 2017 fight though

Fury is done

Joshua's next opponent is announced next week so as you say I doubt it will be Wlad, defo a 1st quarter 2017 fight though

Fury is done

Every possibility that Hearn might hold off naming Parker if the situation regarding the belts becomes clearer and Wlad fancies the fight/payday although I think they will stick with Parker and get the mandatory out of the way before they have to. Be interesting to see what happens after Parker as Haye is no.3 ranked by IBF. That would be two mega fights for March and July for Joshua with Wlad first and then a stadium bout at the height of summer against Haye.

Reports today are that Fury refused to give UKAD a sample after missing a scheduled test. He's managed to lose nearly all his credibility that he gained when he beat Vlad without fighting.

He's an odd fella, I'm gutted the fight won't be on now.

There's a good interview with Peter Fury on the IFLTV channel on YouTube where he discusses the postponement of the fight.

Very revealing, seems like he's struggling with mental health issues. Makes my post above seem slightly insensitive.

I tried to embed the video but cant manage to do it on my phone

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Manipulated? He posted that he'd retired himself. Needs to sort it out and get back to fighting, I'm fairly sure he'll be stripped off his belts soon enough anyway if he doesn't.

I know he isn't popular, but I like him. I think he is an attention seeking braggard, and that distracts from his talent as a boxer. His movement isn't matched by anyone in the heavyweight division.

He has been treated unfairly since beating Klitschko. Case and point being the IBF stripping him of the title he won after 10 days for not defending a mandatory shot, although he was contractually bound to a rematch clause.

Its hardly shocking to find out boxing is corrupt though. Anthony Joshua could be in line to pick up two more world titles without having beat a lineal champion.

Bit late I know, but Bellew calling out Haye after the fight on Saturday. Highlight of the weekend.

Oh and yes, Joshua v Klitschko. Looks like its on for Dec 10th in Manchester. Come On!!!!!!

Bit late I know, but Bellew calling out Haye after the fight on Saturday. Highlight of the weekend.

Oh and yes, Joshua v Klitschko. Looks like its on for Dec 10th in Manchester. Come On!!!!!!

Rumours abound that the WBA aren't going to sanction the fight as Joshua isn't ranked high enough, so Klitschko won't sign and instead will face Lucas Browne for the vacant title. A massive stumbling block also has been the US TV deals. Joshua is signed with Showtime, Klitschko is signed with HBO.

I hope these get sorted out, and the fight fans want to see gets made, although I'm busy December 10th so will probably miss the fight.

Rumours abound that the WBA aren't going to sanction the fight as Joshua isn't ranked high enough, so Klitschko won't sign and instead will face Lucas Browne for the vacant title. A massive stumbling block also has been the US TV deals. Joshua is signed with Showtime, Klitschko is signed with HBO.

I hope these get sorted out, and the fight fans want to see gets made, although I'm busy December 10th so will probably miss the fight.

Plus the MEN arena....surely they can do better than that

Apparently Hearn contacted the Millenium Stadium who said it had be booked by David Haye's team on Dec 10th. He's meant to have an announcement today, but I can't see fighting another binman selling 80,000 tickets

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The David Haye comeback has been the slowest comeback in history... just hurry up and fight someone decent already.. enough of this talk about being able to beat Joshua or Klitschko easily. There's a whole load of options out there

Back