• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Earlier it was Super Weekend
AJ fight on Friday
Grand Prix on Saturday
Liverpool v City on Sunday

Sounds about right. They are not the only ones, I read an article on the BBC Sport site a few days ago previewing the weekend's games and how United resume their battle with Villa in the race for 4th.
Nice to stay under the radar I suppose

United 11pts behind Villa now with 11 to go, but no doubt once they scrape past Everton on Saturday they will be back in the hunt for the Top 4...

Well, that gives us a nice 6 pt. gap to United with a game in hand. And give us a more relaxed build-up to our next game. A win at Villa would open up all sorts of possibilities about snatching back fourth place. And they play at Ajax on Thursday night in Conference League play. Hoping for a tough match. They could do us a favour by winning that match and losing Sunday. Right now, fifth place will not qualify for Champions League.

Hate to say it but we need Arsenal to beat Porto and City to beat Copenhagen to help our cause. The Germans are just ahead of England in the 5th place qualification rankings, so if Harry Kane still loves us, he'll fluff his lines against Napoli and lead Bayern to defeat. Real Madrid at home to Leipzig up 1-0 and PSV tied 1-1 going to Dortmund, so help available there.

In Europa League, another dirty feeling wishing West Ham well against wobbling Freiburg. Liverpool should turn over Sparta Prague. Not expecting Brighton to beat Roma but the Italians have their hands full holding onto fourth place in Serie A, so you never know.
Absolutely no way do I want that to happen, them potentially winning the CL would be intolerable. They probably will beat Porto regardless, surprised they didn't in the 1st leg tbh.

Foden is easily top 3 in the league for me. Unbelievable player. I said after they beat us in the Cup, it was mostly down to him -- the way he can take the ball from the defence, turn and move forward. And he can finish. Just so good.

England should be building around him and Bellingham for the next 2 or 3 tournaments.

Foden is easily top 3 in the league for me. Unbelievable player. I said after they beat us in the Cup, it was mostly down to him -- the way he can take the ball from the defence, turn and move forward. And he can finish. Just so good.

England should be building around him and Bellingham for the next 2 or 3 tournaments.

I thought he looked an outstanding prospect the first time I saw him play in the England U17 World cup winners side.

He needs more games like yesterday, never had that real breakout period, maybe this is the start of it.
I think Pep has rotated him out too often in th past, hard to have a sustained bangin' period if you're on the bench every two or three games.

In terms of England, he seems like he should be the perfect foil to Kane and I said in the past, Southgate should be building the attacking area of the team around those two..

You just know it'll probably be Sterling and Rashford instead

I think Pep has rotated him out too often in th past, hard to have a sustained bangin' period if you're on the bench every two or three games.

In terms of England, he seems like he should be the perfect foil to Kane and I said in the past, Southgate should be building the attacking area of the team around those two..

You just know it'll probably be Sterling and Rashford instead

With Harry Maguire at CB regardless of form.

Reactions: jrh
On the Forest thing, I'm amazed at the reaction to it. I haven't seen what happened but from what I understand the ref mistakenly gave Liverpool possession from a drop ball nearly 2 minutes before the goal and it's being described as a "monumental error" and "a clanger" by people in the game.

F**k me, did Forest not have any chance to prevent the goal or something? This sensationalist nonsense in the game directed towards referees is a disgrace and it's dangerous. The ref made a mistake but, by the sounds of it, it didn't cost Forest the game because they had more than enough time and opportunity to prevent the goal themselves.

On the Forest thing, I'm amazed at the reaction to it. I haven't seen what happened but from what I understand the ref mistakenly gave Liverpool possession from a drop ball nearly 2 minutes before the goal and it's being described as a "monumental error" and "a clanger" by people in the game.

F**k me, did Forest not have any chance to prevent the goal or something? This sensationalist nonsense in the game directed towards referees is a disgrace and it's dangerous. The ref made a mistake but, by the sounds of it, it didn't cost Forest the game because they had more than enough time and opportunity to prevent the goal themselves.

It was a big error from the ref without question. It’s also clearly getting a lot more attention on here because it’s Liverpool and there’s always a conspiracy to help Liverpool get over the line in any and every game. People have an unhealthy fixation on Liverpool on this forum. I’ll admit I get too wound up whenever Arsenal win a game, but I can at least admit they’re a very good team despite the luck they’ve had with lack of injuries this season.

I think it's more a case of consistency (again); where poor referee decisions are being massively highlighted when the big/rich clubs suffer from them - with official apologies and whatsnot - while the smaller, less fashionable clubs seemingly just have to take it on the chin and move on.

Yes, Forest had plenty time to stop Liverpool from scoring after the error, but I can guarantee you there would've been much more outrage and media coverage had it been exactly the other way around, with Forest scoring the winner.

I think it's more a case of consistency (again); where poor referee decisions are being massively highlighted when the big/rich clubs suffer from them - with official apologies and whatsnot - while the smaller, less fashionable clubs seemingly just have to take it on the chin and move on.

Yes, Forest had plenty time to stop Liverpool from scoring after the error, but I can guarantee you there would've been much more outrage and media coverage had it been exactly the other way around, with Forest scoring the winner.
Ref's made a mistake. But it's not a major mistake really. He's given Liverpool the ball in their penalty area, I've seen much bricker decisions than that that actually cost teams games directly. It's irresponsible of people in the media to react how they have.

As for talk of conspiracy and whatnot. It'd take Mystic Meg to give Liverpool the ball in their penalty area deep into stoppage time knowing it'd result in a goal two minutes later. I despise Liverpool but there is no conspiracy.

I get the point on consistency and it's a fair point. There is room for improvement but it'll never be perfect while humans are reffing games. They'll make mistakes and they'll interpret things differently. That's part of being human. I just wish people would look at themselves first before trying to blame everyone else.

There would also be less coverage on this forum if Liverpool had been on the other end of it.

Back