• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Allegedly everton got 6 for the breach and 1 point for every £5m over.

Not sure why the pl will bottle it. It survived without city before. Also they can just say independent tribunal decided. Serie a relegated juventus.

Did other teams get allocated titles when Juventus went down or is there just an '*' in the history books etc.?

2005-2006 was awarded to Inter Milan I thought?

Every season where a breach is found, the points deduction should be made, in sorne ways the retrospective title well have less of an impact than any claim made against them by teams finishing 5th or 6th for missing out on CL football, which I imagine happened to us the most!

Won't happen though.

2005-2006 was awarded to Inter Milan I thought?

Every season where a breach is found, the points deduction should be made, in sorne ways the retrospective title well have less of an impact than any claim made against them by teams finishing 5th or 6th for missing out on CL football, which I imagine happened to us the most!

Won't happen though.

They were.
Previous season was a no result as AC Milan finished 2nd and they were also part of the investigation and couldn't be awarded the title

Does it matter? The glory is in the moment of achievement, I think being awarded something years later would be just make you feel more embittered as you can't celebrate the victory, no open topped bus ride waving a bit of paper saying you won.
We should do all of that, just to boil the tinkle of the rest of the PL.

This was a good insight in what happened regarding Everton, and what might come with city and Cheatski, and why it's taking so long with City.
Shearer’s so obviously tinkled off and outraged about this because it means Saudi Sportswashing Machine won’t be able to cheat much more than they are already. Keeps saying it’s harsh and blah blah blah and the expert keeps spelling it out for him, Everton knew exactly what they were doing.

Don’t feel sorry for Everton, feel sorry for Leeds, Burnley, Leicester, Saints and whoever else has got relegated whilst Everton have been cheating.

Shearer’s so obviously tinkled off and outraged about this because it means Saudi Sportswashing Machine won’t be able to cheat much more than they are already. Keeps saying it’s harsh and blah blah blah and the expert keeps spelling it out for him, Everton knew exactly what they were doing.

Don’t feel sorry for Everton, feel sorry for Leeds, Burnley, Leicester, Saints and whoever else has got relegated whilst Everton have been cheating.
I think its harsh to look at it as Cheating. They over extender themself, they thought certain things would fall into line and they didnt. 20m is not going to give you more of an advantage is it. Then they also co-operated unlike City. They needed to get punished, I agree with that. We need to keep FFP and punishments viable and an actual threat. 10 seems a lot. But OK. Its set a line for this going forward and might scare others.

I think its harsh to look at it as Cheating. They over extender themself, they thought certain things would fall into line and they didnt. 20m is not going to give you more of an advantage is it. Then they also co-operated unlike City. They needed to get punished, I agree with that. We need to keep FFP and punishments viable and an actual threat. 10 seems a lot. But OK. Its set a line for this going forward and might scare others.
I don't think 10 points is harsh at all! They were warned and told what they had to do, but ignored it anyway. So it's not just something that unfortunately happened, they deliberately kept on going like before. Serves them right.

I'm a little torn. There seems to be 2 reasons to independent monitor financial fair play, one is distorting your income to buy more players / have a higher wage bill and the other is the risk of over extending a clubs resources that could leave them vulnerable to administration.

In terms of punishment, a one off points deduction could push them into relegation and further financial mire. Yet if they stay up the financial impact is negated and they carry on with a clean slate?

City and Chelsea, a points deduction this season doesn't impact the titles they cheated or the global fan base they built from far more significant / successful financial doping. I'm wondering how they administer retrospective restatement of league positions/ compensation and then enforce wage cap / transfer bans to make all 3 of them work under a constraint to have a longer term reset if their actual financial capability.

I'm a little torn. There seems to be 2 reasons to independent monitor financial fair play, one is distorting your income to buy more players / have a higher wage bill and the other is the risk of over extending a clubs resources that could leave them vulnerable to administration.

In terms of punishment, a one off points deduction could push them into relegation and further financial mire. Yet if they stay up the financial impact is negated and they carry on with a clean slate?

City and Chelsea, a points deduction this season doesn't impact the titles they cheated or the global fan base they built from far more significant / successful financial doping. I'm wondering how they administer retrospective restatement of league positions/ compensation and then enforce wage cap / transfer bans to make all 3 of them work under a constraint to have a longer term reset if their actual financial capability.

Points deductions and rewriting history is a nonsense.

A financial handicap system should apply, that could mean penalising income (with holding prize money or tv money) and or wage caps and other budgetary constraints.

The idea would be that the business is scaled back to something more manageable.

City fans know that the owner is wealthy enough that overspending jeopardy does not really apply to them. But what if he dies or gets sanctioned/etc? The financing does not stack up for any other owner, and they’ll be in brick street. This problem could arise at any time.

As for Chelsea, they may well have gone from the frying pan to the fire under Boehly, Their losses could end up being stupendous at the current rate of spending. Any penalties they receive for the dodgy dealings under Abramovic/Putin will only exacerbate this.

I’m sure there are many other clubs looking over their shoulders.

Watching City v Liverpool. Didnt realise City had won every home games since NYE 2022. Thats some going. re:the match itself, crikey Allison is playing with fire at times, very lucky not to have gifted City 2 goals aready

Back