• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Is it 8 months from now?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been banned from football for eight months after he accepted breaking Football Association betting rules.

Toney has also been charged £50,000 and warned about his future conduct for 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules.

His suspension starts immediately, but the 27-year-old can return to training with Brentford four months before it ends on 17 September.

He will not be allowed to play again until 17 January, 2024.

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been banned from football for eight months after he accepted breaking Football Association betting rules.

Toney has also been charged £50,000 and warned about his future conduct for 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules.

His suspension starts immediately, but the 27-year-old can return to training with Brentford four months before it ends on 17 September.

Its not too bad then. Loses a large chunk in Pre season

He put his hands up. The league should help him though he’s clearly got an addiction and the league encourages betting.

He put his hands up. The league should help him though he’s clearly got an addiction and the league encourages betting.

Admitting something doesn't make doing the bad thing okay.

Does seem like a harsh ban but I can't really get why top level footballers bet on inside information or drink driving etc They've got enough money to not have to do those stupid things.

I've had my fair share of vices but was never really in to gambling, but I can understand down and outers seeing it as a way out of issues but not overly privileged footballers, I just don't get it.

Does seem like a harsh ban but I can't really get why top level footballers bet on inside information or drink driving etc They've got enough money to not have to do those stupid things.

I've had my fair share of vices but was never really in to gambling, but I can understand down and outers seeing it as a way out of issues but not overly privileged footballers, I just don't get it.

A lot of players come from "working class' backgrounds and when they have a lot of money they think they can do what they like without any consequences.

Only the scale of gambling is different for footballers. It is an addiction.

So apparently the contenders for the final promotion place have drawn from those "brick British towns" books they used to sell in Waterstones

Only the scale of gambling is different for footballers. It is an addiction.

It can be an addiction but not every bad decision should be titled as an addiction.

I hope I'm not coming off as insensitive but as I said I don't get it, if you have the money and everything that comes with it why make bets that can put your career in jeopardy? The scale is different as you say, arguably though if you have less to lose it's more punishing but if you break the clear rules set about and lose almost a year of playing top level football it seems an unnecessary gamble.

Just bet on horses or what the weather is going to be like or whatever other brick people bet on until you retire from the game, or use the insane amount of money to seek help (in the case of being a professional footballer).

It can be an addiction but not every bad decision should be titled as an addiction.

I hope I'm not coming off as insensitive but as I said I don't get it, if you have the money and everything that comes with it why make bets that can put your career in jeopardy? The scale is different as you say, arguably though if you have less to lose it's more punishing but if you break the clear rules set about and lose almost a year of playing top level football it seems an unnecessary gamble.

Just bet on horses or what the weather is going to be like or whatever other brick people bet on until you retire from the game, or use the insane amount of money to seek help (in the case of being a professional footballer).

it’s the jeopardy.

Back