• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

If this goes ahead, How often would the games be? Would we pick up from the exact same fixture list just pushed pack from whenever we stopped? Or with them wanting to show all of the games on TV would they reformat the fixtures to end up having a few games shown each day 7 days a week?
Would love to know what the plan is.

If this goes ahead, How often would the games be? Would we pick up from the exact same fixture list just pushed pack from whenever we stopped? Or with them wanting to show all of the games on TV would they reformat the fixtures to end up having a few games shown each day 7 days a week?
I reckon 3 games a day with staggered kick offs, maybe even more

12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm

Through all this, and continuing now, the PL and the FA have been as transparent as mud. It's ridiculous. They don't need to be certain, but at least be open about what the options are or what's being discussed! As of now, they haven't brought forward anything!
Think they would gain a lot for being more open about what they are planning for/hoping for.

Through all this, and continuing now, the PL and the FA have been as transparent as mud. It's ridiculous. They don't need to be certain, but at least be open about what the options are or what's being discussed! As of now, they haven't bought forward anything!
Think they would gain a lot for being more open about what they are planning for/hoping for.

I would love them to be, if there were legal pressures name them, pressures from clubs, name them. Be open about what they are facing. Then take the mood of the nation as a barometer of “should we really complicate the situation or scrap and start again for same Agro”

The desperation to please broadcasters and Liverpool is so obvious. That's probably why they're not being honest and transparent about their plans.

Without a doubt that is their main aim, they could not give a brick about those who watch games.

Talksport and Simon Jordan and he nails it....absolutely nails it about having to end the season now.

Too many negative impacts now to bringing the game back without a vaccine

It does make me laugh how Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans really think they are going to be throwing money around like City and Chelsea did and that they are going to sign world class players and challenge for the league. If only they knew how it worked.

Exactly, to be honest the season feels so long ago now I’m not entirely bothered anymore

There's also so many mid-table dead rubbers + even matches between rivals are hardly an indication of both teams at their best.

If it does restart I see it being a huge anti-climax .

I reckon 3 games a day with staggered kick offs, maybe even more

12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm

yes 2-3 games per day so every team plays 2 games per week. Get the league completed within a month, then have a 4-6 week break before starting the 20/21 season

Seems do-able to me

I think it would be massively entertaining. Whilst I would prefer they reset the season and we're in the CL again, I think Levy would take the TV payments. Some revenue is better than none?

No doubt we suffer more from this than other teams, as all the mixed-use events and our considerable match day revenue, were no doubt factored in. To get a new stadium and to see it finally bring in revenue after all the outgoings, then for it to be closed down indefinitely, must be maddening for Levy. 2 steps forward 1 back always.

Reading that the players will have to play in facemasks and spitting will be banned

A few players coming out saying they quite rightly want to play

Back