• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

They're really only trying to finish it for money as we all know, all this talk that it will give the nation a boost etc. I don't think I'd be teribly excited watching 92 games squeezed into a month with no fans watching.

They're really only trying to finish it for money as we all know, all this talk that it will give the nation a boost etc. I don't think I'd be teribly excited watching 92 games squeezed into a month with no fans watching.

Exactly, to be honest the season feels so long ago now I’m not entirely bothered anymore

Everyone will just have to suck it up, like all the poor sods who died in the wars or careers were ended. This is a terrible time for many and millions will have their lives changed forever, sports just something to do in your spare time, although too many people let it rule what they call a life.

I’ve thought for a couple of weeks that this season isn’t ever going to finish. There will come a point when the complications inherent in finishing it outweigh the complications in writing it off - and that point will be 30th June. The chances of the NHS, police and other key services being at capacity to suck up many many football games each week by that stage is zilch. (And if football can go ahead, why shouldn’t every sport - each event needing its own cover by key services).

So, on the downside, it’s highly likely to be a summer without sport.

On the plus side, the Liverpool side of 2019/20 will be forever remembered as The Probables.

Here here on both

I’ve said this for a long time now, just. Cancel the season and have done with it.

Exactly, to be honest the season feels so long ago now I’m not entirely bothered anymore

Yip. Tried explaining to a Liverpool supporting friend that this would be the overarching feeling for everyone (bar Liverpool obviously) before too long. Unsurprisingly, he couldn’t get it.

Once it does get started again (and that’s most likely some months away), who is really going to want to watch this season played out to a conclusion? It will be time for a fresh start.

Yip. Tried explaining to a Liverpool supporting friend that this would be the overarching feeling for everyone (bar Liverpool obviously) before too long. Unsurprisingly, he couldn’t get it.

Once it does get started again (and that’s most likely some months away), who is really going to want to watch this season played out to a conclusion? It will be time for a fresh start.

Exactly, look it might seem unfair to Liverpool or anyone not winning the league but it pales to those who have lost their life or loved ones, jobs and incomes.

How fitting that Liverpool, the English club most synonymous with death, should be denied their first PL title by a death-dealing virus.

It will fit comfortably into their shrill narrative of victimhood and will likely be cause for them to hold an additional annual memorial.

How fitting that Liverpool, the English club most synonymous with death, should be denied their first PL title by a death-dealing virus.

It will fit comfortably into their shrill narrative of victimhood and will likely be cause for them to hold an additional annual memorial.
They need a cause? I thought it was their default state.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52414385

I find this strange considering the number of shady people involved in lower levels and then the obvious crimes surrounding Roman and his relationship with Putin (deaths and contracts) and how the old Thai owner at Leicester gained his money (government contracts and deaths) so why now worry about where the money is coming from?

It's the best solution, bit harsh on the team in the league below that were 11 points clear but you cant please everyone.

That article say the current positions are being used for next years European places!? Hope other countries dont follow that idea!

It's the best solution, bit harsh on the team in the league below that were 11 points clear but you cant please everyone.

That article say the current positions are being used for next years European places!? Hope other countries dont follow that idea!
UEFA will next Thursday release a clarificatin/guideline on awarding European places 'based on merit'. Will be interesting to see what that means.

UEFA will next Thursday release a clarificatin/guideline on awarding European places 'based on merit'. Will be interesting to see what that means.

It will be a shambles, I can predict that much. Designed to make sure next season's CL will include all the teams that generate the most revenue for UEFA.

Interesting how the PR would be should a player contract Covid-19 during the period of playing.

I fail to see how the movement of a player to travel from home to a stadium for non essential work differs from those travelling to a second home to lockdown.

I find the hypocrisy allowed in football astonishing

You are allowed to travel to work if you can’t work from home. Unlike lockdowns in some other countries it doesn’t have to be for essential work over here. So by the letter of the law it’s not hypocritical.
However resuming matches even behind closed doors means bringing a lot of other people into a potential risk environment. Whether that is right for the sake of a sporting event is questionable imo.

You are allowed to travel to work if you can’t work from home. Unlike lockdowns in some other countries it doesn’t have to be for essential work over here. So by the letter of the law it’s not hypocritical.
However resuming matches even behind closed doors means bringing a lot of other people into a potential risk environment. Whether that is right for the sake of a sporting event is questionable imo.

Ok I stand corrected but for the same reason you said I find it questionable.

Also rules are that you need an ambulance at every game incase of an emergency. Can’t see that being popular during a pandemic

Back