• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

There you go. Even if we did beat West Ham, we'd still be trailing by seven points with three games to go. And in that situation, there's no way Chelski would've lost one and drawn one of Watford and Sunderland at home.

We gave it a bloody good shot when everyone else were incapable, but it just wasn't enough to overcome the original lottery winners.

There you go. Even if we did beat West Ham, we'd still be trailing by seven points with three games to go. And in that situation, there's no way Chelski would've lost one and drawn one of Watford and Sunderland at home.

We gave it a bloody good shot when everyone else were incapable, but it just wasn't enough to overcome the original lottery winners.
Who could end up winning the most games ever in a season.

They've had quite a few games like this. Not much in it, but their system and quality just just shows through to get them 3 points. Sunderland game for example, Sunderland - like with Chadli just now - had changes to win it. A few of them. At points there were the better team. But chelsea just just did enough to stop them scoring or they simply missed, and chelsea's machine took advantages. They are a percentages team, so even when not on song, they tend to get the points.

At least we beat them.

The guy they bought for £35m to sit on the bench just so that other teams couldn't buy him scores the winning goal to give Chelsea the league championship #fairytale

bunch of cun1s. Proud of what we achieved with no petro dollars in sight. Like Paxton said we weren't going to win with their run in, now we can just enjoy the farewell to the Lane and celebrate another step forward this season. No trophy - and yes one is deserved - but we're doing better than we have in very many years. Happy to be supporting an honest club who's on the up and doing things the right way.

Last edited:
They've had quite a few games like this. Not much in it, but their system and quality just just shows through to get them 3 points. Sunderland game for example, Sunderland - like with Chadli just now - had changes to win it. A few of them. At points there were the better team. But chelsea just just did enough to stop them scoring or they simply missed, and chelsea's machine took advantages. They are a percentages team, so even when not on song, they tend to get the points.

At least we beat them.

Us and Chelsea are not to different (on the field)

Well done to them and Conte.

We've had 2 chases against teams who haven't really slipped up.

Lets secure 2nd Sunday and have a lovely (and emotional) day out saying farewell to our beloved home, and an unbeaten season at the old girl.

So for all those claiming we bottled it, even if we'd have won we'd need a favour from Sunderland or Watford. Would never have happened. It was over after Everton game.

Sent from my E5823 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

100% agree. In fact, our team should get a lot of credit for the way we performed v Arsenal right after. Lets be honest, hearing they had at Everton must have been a real kick in the teeth to our team, but they didnt let it affect them and got on with the job.
Hopefully we get exactly the same response v United.

The titles gone, thats history, just go out there and lets rack up as many points as possible

Us and Chelsea are not to different (on the field)

Well done to them and Conte.

We've had 2 chases against teams who haven't really slipped up.

Lets secure 2nd Sunday and have a lovely (and emotional) day out saying farewell to our beloved home, and an unbeaten season at the old girl.

Well the key difference was we drew a few close games, that they manged to squeezed a win. Maybe 2-3 games that was the difference. Not big margins. And on our budget, with European games, I'm happy. It would have been incredible winning the league, but we still have it good. Have to come back even stronger.

Last edited:
Please remember Cheatski still haven't won anything. They have bought a trophy.

Earlier I bought a pizza. I did not win it.

Last week my son and I played draughts. He just went wherever he wanted and picked up all the pieces and claimed he had won. He had not won.

We need 1 more point to win the real league.

At least we beat them.
Not to mention a squad that costs over £300 million which is part of the percentages you talk about. Allied to that you have a team with players who have won things before so know what it takes. We need to sign a couple of winners in our team - a van der vaart type signing to assist with the move to the next level.

Please remember Cheatski still haven't won anything. They have bought a trophy.

Earlier I bought a pizza. I did not win it.

Last week my son and I played draughts. He just went wherever he wanted and picked up all the pieces and claimed he had won. He had not won.

We need 1 more point to win the real league.

I like to teach my children the pain of defeat in every game we play. I am better than them at everything and the sooner they realise that the better. What better way to prepare them for a life supporting spurs than letting them get close to the prize before I win in the cruelest way possible. They'll thank me when they are older.
Or maybe kill me. I probably deserve it.

Not to mention a squad that costs over £300 million which is part of the percentages you talk about. Allied to that you have a team with players who have won things before so know what it takes. We need to sign a couple of winners in our team - a van der vaart type signing to assist with the move to the next level.

We have come on this season. More points. More consistency. More composure. More maturity. Have to credit chelsea they won, not exactly fair and square, but they ground it out in impressive fashion, backed by a massive budget. What happened to financial fair play? Seemed to get ignored a couple of years back.

Back