• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

good result for us, I still think City are the team to beat

Who will Leicester lose against? I think they're capable of beating Arsenal. Will they really struggle against the other sides that they face? At the moment, I've given in to the notion that Leicester are going to win the Premier League. I had thought that perhaps, if today's game had ended in a draw, that we could have fought our way in to it... but, with a Leicester win, their confidence increases and we are left playing catch up but running out of games in which to do so.

The problem with their argument is that if this was a CL game we'd be expecting City to get beaten.

Who will Leicester lose against? I think they're capable of beating Arsenal. Will they really struggle against the other sides that they face? At the moment, I've given in to the notion that Leicester are going to win the Premier League. I had thought that perhaps, if today's game had ended in a draw, that we could have fought our way in to it... but, with a Leicester win, their confidence increases and we are left playing catch up but running out of games in which to do so.

they have to lose against somebody, they're Leicester, they can't keep outperforming their expg like this

they have to lose against somebody, they're Leicester, they can't keep outperforming their expg like this

You'd think so but they've only lost three games in over 30 games (not sure on exact number), and those were against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Perhaps this will last, after all we're running out of games in which the next one can possibly herald their fall.

Pressure will be on Leicester now though. Suddenly the bookies favorites to win. Fans singing "we're going to win the league" etc. Can they handle it?

@MC_of_A
xG map for Emirates Marketing Project-Leicester. Foxes exposed every weakness of City's transition defense. Brilliant game.
Caifco8WIAAGlex.png

Leicester like to hit teams on the break so the matchup is quite to their liking against top teams. They might not lose many but they might struggle to win games against teams set up defensively. A few draws is a big loss in a title chase.

Yup, got to think that they'll find some of those parked buses too difficult to get past when they face the bottom teams at home during the run-in...

Leicester remind me of Greece at the 2004 Euros. They are well organized at the back very difficult to break down with pace, skill and clinical finishing up front. If they can keep Huth, mahrez, and vardy fit, I see no reason why they can't win the title. Key point is they only have the league to focus on. Next week's game vs Arsenal is critical. Arsenal are not great against teams that are organized and defend deep.

Back