• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Don't think that helps us TBH as they will probably play Walknob there now and he is far more mobile against our defence than the other two would be.

But they ultimately need someone to hold the ball up for them to allow the others in to the game. I'd be happy if they played Walcott up top against us. He does always seem to score against us and he is scarily quick, but I always think a team is much easier to defend against when they have 1 quick striker with not much else than a player who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and score too.

Who says he's going back there? From the looks of it, Lukaku and Mourinho don't get on.

Apparently Lukaku didn't want to stay and possibly sit on the bench all season at Chelsea after they signed Eto'o. So he was allowed another year out on loan to improve, and it is working.

Why would he have bad blood with Mourinho? Have their paths ever crossed before Mourinho returned to Chelsea?

Especially with the terrible form of all 3 of Chelsea's strikers, if they don't make a move for someone in January, they will definitely keep Lukaku for next season. Agree with VolSpur, they are going to be a serious force.

City and Chelsea looking set for the next few seasons, let's hope our young prodigies can realise their potential so we can be up there with them!

So Mata subbed again by Moaninho and now he says 'Chelsea's door is always open'; translated by media as 'if he wants to go he can go'...

Crazy.

Any other theories as to why Mourinho hates Mata?

Don't think that helps us TBH as they will probably play Walknob there now and he is far more mobile against our defence than the other two would be.

Walnut is getting better all the time. He is a danger and in form too

So Mata subbed again by Moaninho and now he says 'Chelsea's door is always open'; translated by media as 'if he wants to go he can go'...

Crazy.

Any other theories as to why Mourinho hates Mata?

One theory is that Mata is very close friends with many of the Spainsh players at Madrid, especially Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas, two players who turned on Mourinho during his time in Spain

Would we still take Mata in January?

Whilst we do have a lot of midfield players, if a player like Mata became available, it's a no-brainer in my opinion. The only questions to ask are, can we afford him? Would he come to us? Would Chelsea let him come to us?

Would we still take Mata in January?

TS said in the interview yesterday we would only sign a player this window if he would improve the team, for me he certainly would.
But...Chelsea would not sell to us. Probably would end up back in Spain, at a guess

Friendly match between PSG and Real Madrid kicking off right now in the Middle East somewhere. Live on Sky I believe for those that are bored.

Mark Clattenburg is being investigated by referees’ chief Mike Riley after Southampton accused him of ‘abusing and insulting’ their captain, the England star Adam Lallana.

Sportsmail can reveal that the extraordinary incident occurred in Southampton’s 2-1 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park last Sunday.

Saints have written to the Premier League asking that Clattenburg is not appointed as an official for any of their matches until the investigation is over.

Clattenburg has a controversial style and it is understood the alleged insult was directed at Lallana after the referee turned down Southampton penalty appeals late in the game.

article-2532710-1A548A8D00000578-619_634x461.jpg

Last season, Clattenburg was accused by Chelsea of racially abusing their midfield player John Mikel Obi during a fiery Premier League clash against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

An FA inquiry concluded there was no case to answer and Clattenburg was back in charge of a Chelsea game six months after he had been accused of calling Mikel a monkey.

Tomorrow, Clattenburg will officiate the high-profile FA Cup third-round tie at the Emirates between Arsenal and Tottenham.

Lallana confronted Clattenburg at Goodison after his cross was met by the hand of Everton defender Antolin Alcaraz. The referee turned down Southampton appeals for a penalty.

According to sources close to the incident, Clattenburg spoke to the player in a manner that is ‘not what you might expect of one of the game’s top officials’.

Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino was furious with Clattenburg after the game and claimed the South Coast club should have been awarded two spot-kicks.

But Southampton, who followed up their loss at Everton with a 3-0 defeat by Chelsea at St Mary’s on New Year’s Day, have taken Pochettino’s complaints a step further by writing to the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd board.

Riley is investigating the matter, but PGMOL and the Premier League refused to comment.

Riley is duty-bound to speak with Clattenburg about Southampton’s claims and they are expected to respond to the club’s letter within the next few days.

Clattenburg is well known in the game for responding to verbal abuse from players with some choice phrases of his own.

After the match at Goodison, Pochettino complained bitterly about Clattenburg’s handling of the game.

The Southampton manager said: ‘These things need to be said and I am actually defending my club because it is my club and if I don’t talk I am going to be seen as if I am dumb or I don’t care about my club.

‘I don’t mean any disrespect against any referees but anyone watching the game can see there were two clear penalties that weren’t given or should have been given.

‘That would have changed the game completely but we weren’t given them and, of course, we are angry and upset about this.

‘I am saying that should not be forgotten in the overall analysis of the game and they need to be said. We don’t want to be judged by our young, handsome, good-looking players. We just want what’s fair. We can be a******s as well.

Incredibly, last Sunday’s match was Clattenburg’s first appointment at Goodison Park since his questionable handling of the Merseyside derby won 2-1 by Liverpool in October 2007.

On that occasion he sent off Everton’s Tony Hibbert, allowed Liverpool’s Dirk Kuyt to escape after he launched a kung-fu kick at Phil Neville and ignored a penalty appeal when Jamie Carragher clashed with Joleon Lescott.

This weekend Clattenburg will be officiating Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie at the Emirates between Arsenal and Tottenham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532710/Mark-Clattenburg-investigated-Southampton-accuse-referee-abusing-Adam-Lallana.html

Just love the picture.

Re Clattenberg and Southampton, I don't get it. So Clattenberg said that Lallana didn't act like this before he was picked for England. So what? It is not exactly an insult. No idea why Southampton are making mugs of themselves....

Back