• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

…but Ponchettino is the answer didn't you know?!!!!!:-"

Not the only team where people get overexcited by a few results without considering who they were against.

Arsenal are now 4 points down on the same fixtures last season. Liverpool and Hull have played mostly bottom half teams at home, hence their excellent home records, while Sunderland have played top half teams at home and bottom half away.

Not the only team where people get overexcited by a few results without considering who they were against.

Arsenal are now 4 points down on the same fixtures last season. Liverpool and Hull have played mostly bottom half teams at home, hence their excellent home records, while Sunderland have played top half teams at home and bottom half away.

Noticed that stat last week during the match, they have played nearly all the Top 8 at home, still think they will get out of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

So, what did the City fans chant at Wheelchair to provoke that response? Just a lightweight Joey Barton. Injuries disguising the fact that he's desperately average.

Funny how bug eyes managed to give his own fans the same message without getting a ban

EDIT good to see how Ozils refusal to thank the Arsenal fans for the support after watching that humiliation "no big deal". Build a statue for him and that's how much he values their support.

Last edited:
Just looking through the other league tables this morning. Portsmouth now just 4pts above the drop zone in League Two, talk about demises in football.
Playing Milan at Fratton Park just a few seasons ago. Unreal

Delighted with Emirates Marketing Project's goals yesterday, even if their defending left something to be desired but.....as mentioned on another post I really like Pellegrini's attitude. Not following Spanish football, I had never heard of him before he went to City.
Question: does anyone here follow Spanish football, and has Pellegrini always played this kind of attacking football? Is it his trademark?

Delighted with Emirates Marketing Project's goals yesterday, even if their defending left something to be desired but.....as mentioned on another post I really like Pellegrini's attitude. Not following Spanish football, I had never heard of him before he went to City.
Question: does anyone here follow Spanish football, and has Pellegrini always played this kind of attacking football? Is it his trademark?

I believe 4-4-2 is his formation of choice. He rose to fame with Villareal about ten years ago, taking them to the semis of the CL. They lost to Arsenal, something they did again a couple of seasons later in the quarters. Then went to Real Madrid and got a club record 96 points, but finished second to Barca.

Pellegrini later reflected on his frustration at not being able to build a team at Real Madrid due to the club’s controversial Galácticos policy: "I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid. They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It’s no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don’t have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won’t be able to do it so well. He [Pérez] sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it."

He was released by Real and went to Malaga, who'd just been bought by some sheikh. Got them into the CL, but left this summer as FFP rules saw them excluded from European competitions.

Pellegrini seems to me fairly pragmatic, but with a wish to play attacking football.

He's been at Villareal, Real Madrid and Malaga in Spain. At Real I think they set a new record for the number of goals scored or something like that and they were very attacking. Villareal could be very entertaining, but up against bigger teams in the CL for example they could also be very solid. At Malaga it changed a bit I think, I didn't watch them a ton, but I'm quite sure they were capable of both entertaining and more cautious football.

Similarly Pellegrini seems very pragmatic and adaptable when it comes to formations. As mentioned by Scare he changed from a 4-4-2 with inverted wingers to a 4-2-3-1 with one out and out winger yesterday. At Villareal they had Riquelme in the hole with a lone striker ahead of him - at least in CL matches I watched. He's willing to play a range of formations and a range of styles. But he seems like he always want to play attacking, entertaining football when possible and with the best squad in the league he will aim for that.

I hate Thierry Henry more than Sol Campbell, nice to see him looking gutted on MOTD.

I watched this earlier, never thought I'd watch a MOTD where Shearer was the better pundit, I particularly enjoyed the 20 minute monologue on Chelsea strikers where he said nothing but they are all good so will score goals soon

Back