• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

thats for the stadium though isnt it? not the 50 mill earmarked for new signings according to the ITKs last summer

I have no idea - it doesn't say either way. It could be that it was originally intended for transfers but once the Bale sale was on the cards it wasn't needed for that and went into general funds.

I hope that this works. I've created a Google form so that we can rank the three in order of preference. We'll publish the results in this thread in a day or two.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Bumped again

These are the scores on the doors so far. I will update this again later

<iframe height=481 width=1366 src="//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15u8pWcZF5Sy7R_8XbHRlt5ztVh4P2-hoSjSR0fuRNrs/gviz/chartiframe?oid=847380519" seamless frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

interesting

selling away their two top players could net them £40m
training ground £30m should be easily amortized against gate and TV revenue if they stay in the Premier League.

letting Poch go will only net them £4-6m nothing compared to the size of the their financial woes, and just increase the risk of losing all the revenue from being in the Premier League, plus more players.

if i were the board, I'd offer Poch a new contract to stay and rebuild the squad.

Their income from TV and premier league prize money is £77.1m, that will ease things considerably. While I think they will cash in on a couple of players, I don't think it's a necessity for them.
I do fear for them if they get greedy.

I almost want to disagree with the proposed formation with Paulinho as one of the proposed "workers". If we are to play Eriksen and Lamela as the advanced two midfielders then I'd be more comfortable with one of the central three able to make some decent passes. For me that means one position is for Paulinho/Dembele and the other must be for a player like Shneiderlin. Interestingly from what I recall he was the more defensively capable of the Southampton midfield in most games.

Last summer was unusual because we had the Bale windfall. This year we have to break even with only selling off squad players. So our targets are going to be back at our usual level (under 25s for under £15m). Though tbh last summer only Soldado (age and price) and Lamela (price) were atypical signings.

You talk as though you know the ins and outs of our balance sheet and the owner's plans (which you don't).

The owners may decide to break even on transfers, they may decide to try to have a net inflow of funds or they may decide to spend some money.

Remember that we will have a new manager (or head coach as they prefer to call him) who is likely to have his own ideas and targets. Surely any of our managerial candidates will want certain assurances on funds that they have to spend, otherwise they might as well sit tight in their current roles and wait for a more attractive offer where the expectations are sensible. We will also have a large increase in the revenue that we receive from the centralised PL contract. We could look to hive this away and put it towards the new stadium (which I doubt we will do - as Levy has always said the stadium needs to pay for itself) We could look to keep the wage bill at a similar level to now and spend these extra funds on transfer fees. Or we could look to increase the wage bill accordingly so that it represents around 55% to 60% of turnover and then use the rest of the extra funds on transfer fees.

You talk as though you know the ins and outs of our balance sheet and the owner's plans (which you don't).

The owners may decide to break even on transfers, they may decide to try to have a net inflow of funds or they may decide to spend some money.

Remember that we will have a new manager (or head coach as they prefer to call him) who is likely to have his own ideas and targets. Surely any of our managerial candidates will want certain assurances on funds that they have to spend, otherwise they might as well sit tight in their current roles and wait for a more attractive offer where the expectations are sensible. We will also have a large increase in the revenue that we receive from the centralised PL contract. We could look to hive this away and put it towards the new stadium (which I doubt we will do - as Levy has always said the stadium needs to pay for itself) We could look to keep the wage bill at a similar level to now and spend these extra funds on transfer fees. Or we could look to increase the wage bill accordingly so that it represents around 55% to 60% of turnover and then use the rest of the extra funds on transfer fees.

It's based on evidence.

We've had zero net spend on transfers every year since 2007 (summer 2007 was the last time we invested anything significant).

Ramos never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales. Redknapp never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales. AVB never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales.

People that believe every window that we're going to have some kind of 'war chest' are just naïve ('the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'). 7 years of evidence suggests differently. There will be no money beyond sales until at least when the stadium opens in 17/18. We're in the middle of same decade of austerity that Arsenal similarly had to go through to build their ground.

Remember both Poch and FdB are coming from clubs that have to sell to survive (make significant net profits from transfers). Selling to buy will be a step up from that. They are also both 'coaching' coaches - who like organic growth rather than buy-in success.

The tv money will disappear almost overnight in inflated transfer fees and wage rises across the board. It won't change anything.

It's based on evidence.

We've had zero net spend on transfers every year since 2007 (summer 2007 was the last time we invested anything significant).

Ramos never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales. Redknapp never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales. AVB never had transfer funds beyond what was generated through sales.

People that believe every window that we're going to have some kind of 'war chest' are just naïve ('the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'). 7 years of evidence suggests differently. There will be no money beyond sales until at least when the stadium opens in 17/18. We're in the middle of same decade of austerity that Arsenal similarly had to go through to build their ground.

Remember both Poch and FdB are coming from clubs that have to sell to survive (make significant net profits from transfers). Selling to buy will be a step up from that. They are also both 'coaching' coaches - who like organic growth rather than buy-in success.

The tv money will disappear almost overnight in inflated transfer fees and wage rises across the board. It won't change anything.

spot on..........

These are the scores on the doors so far. I will update this again later

<iframe height=481 width=1366 src="//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15u8pWcZF5Sy7R_8XbHRlt5ztVh4P2-hoSjSR0fuRNrs/gviz/chartiframe?oid=847380519" seamless frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>
That's blank for me

people seem to confuse breaking even on transfers with breaking even as a club. The only constant through ENICs time is that we break even overall, whether that be with a negative 60m transfer spend or with a 0m net transfer spend.

I think we're going to get Diego Simeone. I think it's his dream to work at the club where Ossie and Ricky are legends.

people seem to confuse breaking even on transfers with breaking even as a club. The only constant through ENICs time is that we break even overall, whether that be with a negative 60m transfer spend or with a 0m net transfer spend.

but since 2008 there has been a pattern that Gutter explained, with a 5-10 mill difference either plus or minus in net spend (it was never an exact zero net spend as he said though)

Back