• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Benfica OMT

Rose found his level last year at Sunderland.
Not good enough for a team in the top 6. Would he start for Chelsea, man c, ****, lpool, man u? I think not.

Let's see once we get a decent boss in with a game plan. I'll even give Rose a chance again, but would definitely want an upgrade on this in the summer

Agree. Four Center backs all injured at once and the Centre mid who can play there is injured as well. Well at least we might get to see what Velkjovic is like in the first team.

****ing incredible! :lol: At least it's not like we would have gone through anyway, but **** me, when has that EVER happened to any team before???

In comparison, Koscielny and Mertesacker have completed 41 (!) games together for **** this season. Forty-****ing-one games. While we struggle to have bloody one centre half available! You can't make it up. :lol:

Despite this, and despite how **** we've been for large parts of the season, they're still "only" nine points ahead. Which makes me wonder what difference having a permanent centre back partnership would have made for us. It certainly couldn't have made things worse.

Have this one written off in my head already , especially considering the team we're putting out. We need all the planets to align to get anything more than pride out of this game. Maybe an early professional foul/red card/pen would give Benfica the jitters. We must be due a bit of luck soon, right?

Fancy a ronny rosenthal moment for soldano tonight.........hat trick and all that .......6-2,but will take 4-2....................can only dreammmmmmm.......

****ing incredible! :lol: At least it's not like we would have gone through anyway, but **** me, when has that EVER happened to any team before???

In comparison, Koscielny and Mertesacker have completed 41 (!) games together for **** this season. Forty-****ing-one games. While we struggle to have bloody one centre half available! You can't make it up. :lol:

Despite this, and despite how **** we've been for large parts of the season, they're still "only" nine points ahead. Which makes me wonder what difference having a permanent centre back partnership would have made for us. It certainly couldn't have made things worse.

I blame the physio/medical department, AVB must of been lied to at the start of the season. Kaboul when fit we can all agree can be fantastic, however the lad has a shocking injury record, how could we honestly count on him to play a big part this season? Its unfortunate that Dawson and Vlad have picked up injurys but players pick up injurys its part of the game.

You then have to place some blame on Tim, we had the winter transfer window why couldnt we have brought someone in on loan to cover until the summer. Regardless of who the manager is next season I will be disappointed if Kaboul is still at the club. We cant carry injured players we have done this far to often.

Apparently Rose is unlikely to be fit.

Friedel; Naughton, Sandro, Fryers, Bentaleb; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Townsend; Chadli; Soldado.

Subs: Archer, Kane, McGee, McQueen, Veljkovic, Ball, Ogilvie

Last edited:
No central defenders available, no goal machine available ....... the quote for the day should be "My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

Amazingly, this was said by a Frenchman in 1914. (allegedly, and translated)

Incredibly .... he won the day and ended the war as Generalissimo of Allied forces on the Western Front.

GO TIM !

Disclaimer .... or reality check. As I was typing Tim was being shown saying we might win on the counter-attack. I'm not sure our defence will need to draw too many of their chaps forward to make space for our lumbering attackers. Where did our speed go?.

I'm afraid we will be on the end of a pants-down humiliation tonight.
If and when they score a second goal, thereby leading 5-1 on aggregate and leaving us needing 4 to go through, i can see a collapse of the types seen in the City/Liverpool matches.

What will then happen is Sherwood will blame the players for not stepping up, the players will fight between themselves and with Sherwood and before you know it, we'll also be 7th in the league.

Fancy a ronny rosenthal moment for soldano tonight.........hat trick and all that .......6-2,but will take 4-2....................can only dreammmmmmm.......

More chance of his Rosenthal moment being him rounding the keeper & hitting the bar...nah I love Bobby he's due a couple right?

.......................Freidel

Naughton...Veljkovic.....Ball.......Fryers

................Sandro....Bentaleb

Townsend..........Eriksen...........Chadli

.......................Soldado

Hope Sherwood resists the temptation to play Sandro in defence. I think we have a better chance of players playing closer to their natural positions, no matter how experienced they are and without Sandro screening the defence, i think we could get even more humiliated than we are in danger of being, which could destroy some young players' confidence and careers

Hope Sherwood resists the temptation to play Sandro in defence. I think we have a better chance of players playing closer to their natural positions, no matter how experienced they are and without Sandro screening the defence, i think we could get even more humiliated than we are in danger of being, which could destroy some young players' confidence and careers

Why Ball rather than Ogvile ?

I would agree. We might as well use this as an opportunity to give the younger guys a chance to show what they can do in their positions rather than go with square pegs in round holes.

Absolutely agree. His recent outing there was poor . His positioning and lack of understanding of how to play in tandem with the other CB was obvious. He's not a CB and doesn't train for the position so it is hardly surprising, but a good tackler does not always make a good defender. Play the CB's in their natural position or what is point of having them on the books.

Why Ball rather than Ogvile ?

Well i have no idea, i don't know anything about either, and was going by an article i read this morning explaining the roles and background behind some of the 'unknowns' in the squad we've taken out there. From what I remember it said Ogilvie mostly plays full back and can fill in at centre-back, which is why i went with Ball, who was described as a pure centre-back.

I would agree. We might as well use this as an opportunity to give the younger guys a chance to show what they can do in their positions rather than go with square pegs in round holes.

Agree with that and the team above. No idea on Ball or Velcro though.

I blame the physio/medical department, AVB must of been lied to at the start of the season. Kaboul when fit we can all agree can be fantastic, however the lad has a shocking injury record, how could we honestly count on him to play a big part this season? Its unfortunate that Dawson and Vlad have picked up injurys but players pick up injurys its part of the game.

You then have to place some blame on Tim, we had the winter transfer window why couldnt we have brought someone in on loan to cover until the summer. Regardless of who the manager is next season I will be disappointed if Kaboul is still at the club. We cant carry injured players we have done this far to often.

I have been saying this all season. Whatever happens with the coach, we need a completely new back room staff next season.

Back