• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
dave-silverman.jpg

OK. I've discovered this a picture of Dave Silverman but am struggling to make the link.
Non-believer...is that it?

Surprised only one persons mentioned Bradley's passing the other night. He was spot on with just about everything. He's great at breaking up play too. Really seems to be becoming an all around player for us. I know he's got his fans in Italy as well as in Germany. We could do worse if we wanted a replacement for Parker.

Surprised only one persons mentioned Bradley's passing the other night. He was spot on with just about everything. He's great at breaking up play too. Really seems to be becoming an all around player for us. I know he's got his fans in Italy as well as in Germany. We could do worse if we wanted a replacement for Parker.

He was fantastic. He improved so much at Chievo this year, was their player of the season. Rumored that both Inter and Roma are after him now, which speaks to how far he's come. He's going to be a very very solid holding center-mid for a while.

No way. Altidore is going to be up front, as he should be. Had an incredible season in the Eredivisie this year. Finally back on track. He'll be in England in a few years for sure.

Glad that he had a good season but The Dutch league is brick. He looked awful in his time in England and aside from being a big lump that can hold up the ball on occasion he brings nothing to the US team whenever I see him play except the odd goal in a meaningless match. For the amount of brick teams we play in qualification his goalscoring record is horrible.

Glad that he had a good season but The Dutch league is brick. He looked awful in his time in England and aside from being a big lump that can hold up the ball on occasion he brings nothing to the US team whenever I see him play except the odd goal in a meaningless match. For the amount of brick teams we play in qualification his goalscoring record is horrible.

We'll see now. He really stepped it up this season.

OK. I've discovered this a picture of Dave Silverman but am struggling to make the link.
Non-believer...is that it?

It's a 'huh' at changing your mind on a potential signing based on a friendly against the USA. I get that it was probably (?) sarcastic.

I expect Mexico to shock them, honestly. Mexico is a solid solid team, and while Brazil beat the US 4-1, the score very easily could have been 4-4 with the amount of missed chances the US had. Chicharito won't be missing those.

What system is that?

Explained a couple pages earlier. Just far more positive, pass-friendly and offensive. Bradley was very much into holding. They never went forward, only scored luckily (See, Dempsey against England) or off a Donovan counter-attack. The problem was that their backline was, and is, too untalented to support this sort of system. Now everyone pushes forward, and they have looked far more threatening. They lost 4-1 to Brazil, but with the amount of chances they had in the second half it could have very easily been 4-4. Was an exciting game.

Mods- Sorry for the bitching, but it does seem a bit odd not having the midweek thread, a bit messy with threads like this popping up. Just my two pennys worth 8-[

Mods- Sorry for the bitching, but it does seem a bit odd not having the midweek thread, a bit messy with threads like this popping up. Just my two pennys worth 8-[

We don't need a 'midweek thread' - particularly as it is Sunday

We need a "Non-Spurs games" thread

Very simple.

I do get frustrated as some games do deserve their own thread. Not having an OMT for the Champions League final for instance is the only reason we're not in the Champions League next season.

Maybe we should have a 'Spurs on international duty' thread. As the main interest in this game for most of us will be Sandro and GDS.

Back