• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Wow, that was a shocking tackle from Cattermole. There's going to be a player sent off in this one, no doubt in my mind.

Snipes? Did you read what was thrown at me last time this discussion came up? I was told "you are wrong", I was told I was "lacking knowledge of the game", I was told that I "dont rate any players outside Spurs", that "there is nothing to discuss because Suarez is not average", that I am "clearly a wind up merchant trying to cause a reaction", that I dont have the ability to "learn from others", or "change my opinion".........and when I did change my stance I had it thrown in my face and was accused of being a "hypocrite".

All because I rate Suarez differently.

So no, I dont think I am as bad as people who specifically request that I dont reply to them, but then they reply to me, through someone else, because they are not man enough to speak to me.

I will debate with anyone. Ive said Im comfortable with your stance on Suarez, but you still clearly arent with mine.

Again, not my problem.

Why don't you just go away ? Leave the board, dont come back.

Cabaye set to be issued a yellow card now too, there will be too many players on yellow cards for the second half not to feature a red card, surely?

I did want to further discuss the issue, and I have, in alot of detail. Im not going to keep saying the same things over and over though. You havent said what you like about him as a player.....just seems that you are slightly offended by my stance (for whatever bizarre reason)

Not my problem. Like I said, Im comfortable that you disagree with the numerous reasons I have given to why IMO Suarez is average. And Im comfortable with the fact you havent countered any of those reasons, with your opinion of his play.

Alot of stats, little else though to be honest.

I did counter your argument. You seemed to make the point that Suarez' poor goal return was the reason for him being average (or tinkle poor in fact). I gave other examples of comparable players that have gone on to be very good players that have had similar or worse goal returns in their first season. I made the point that there are other things to being a striker than just goal return.

You ignored or didn't understand any of those points and changed your argument to something else, making the statement that he had no exceptional attributes. I tried to explain again why my points were relevant and you no longer wanted to discuss it, stating that you had repeated your arguments enough.

Snipes? Did you read what was thrown at me last time this discussion came up? I was told "you are wrong", I was told I was "lacking knowledge of the game", I was told that I "dont rate any players outside Spurs", that "there is nothing to discuss because Suarez is not average", that I am "clearly a wind up merchant trying to cause a reaction", that I dont have the ability to "learn from others", or "change my opinion".........and when I did change my stance I had it thrown in my face and was accused of being a "hypocrite".

All because I rate Suarez differently.

So no, I dont think I am as bad as people who specifically request that I dont reply to them, but then they reply to me, through someone else, because they are not man enough to speak to me.

I will debate with anyone. Ive said Im comfortable with your stance on Suarez, but you still clearly arent with mine.

Again, not my problem.

Yes snipes. You don't think that saying "The GG Pitchfork Massive (...)hunting you down with burning crosses." and saying that "NONE of them are still trying to explain to me how f#cking good he is anymore." is a snipe towards other posters on this board. Normally I'd ignore that, but it was in the same thread and just a few posts away from you complaining about someone else making digs at you.

Comfortable? What do you want from me? For me to tell you that I'm ok with you having your opinion? That's an absolute given for me and so obvious that I'm not going to start every post I make with "I respect your right to hold your opinion" any more than I'm going to end every post with "that's just my opinion, I understand if anyone disagrees with it". If you think somehow I'm uncomfortable with your views on the abilities of a footballer you need to get a reality check.

And it's not just because we rate Suarez differently, I disagree with someone in just about every thread. All I did was make a comparison between what you didn't like from other posters and what you did yourself. A fitting comparison in my mind. If you feel that you're justified in making snide comments to others because you feel like a victim in some situation at some point in the past then good luck to you.

So many cowardly nasty tackles in the Toon game

Yes, and a cowardly referee to boot.

Should have been made perfectly clear to the players that no nasty challenges will go unpunished just because it's a derby (I'm guessing it actually was made clear to them) and then when Cattermole made his stupid tackle after 30 seconds he should have been sent off. Instead the ref bottled it, all of a sudden players feel that stuff like that is allowed, things get out of hand and to regain control the ref starts handing out yellow cards right left and centre. Consistency goes out the window and things start going sour. All because Cattermole made a cowardly dingdonghead tackle and the ref didn't have the balls to punish him accordingly.

It is quite entertaining to watch though :)

Yes, and a cowardly referee to boot.

Should have been made perfectly clear to the players that no nasty challenges will go unpunished just because it's a derby (I'm guessing it actually was made clear to them) and then when Cattermole made his stupid tackle after 30 seconds he should have been sent off. Instead the ref bottled it, all of a sudden players feel that stuff like that is allowed, things get out of hand and to regain control the ref starts handing out yellow cards right left and centre. Consistency goes out the window and things start going sour. All because Cattermole made a cowardly dingdonghead tackle and the ref didn't have the balls to punish him accordingly.

It is quite entertaining to watch though :)

Harsh. Think he's done well so far. Cattermole's tackle didn't warrant a red card imo.

Yeah, didn't think he even caught his face at first, but you could see from the replay he did. Still reacted like a tit though.

Villa have apparently scheduled a press conference for tomorrow morning. Have they finally seen the light regarding McLeish?

Back