• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
That being said, you can also only judge what is put in front of you at any given time.

To date, all that can be judged RE Suarez is what he has done - not what he might one day do.

The catch is of course being big enough to say later on "He has changed my opinion" if a player goes on to really perform.

I actually find discussion about what a player might do in the future, discussing their potential, based on what has been seen so far in the PL (or other leagues/internationals) quite interesting and although speculative I find those kinds of speculations and comparisons to other players entertaining.

I find that kind of debate much more interesting than a debate purely on what has been done so far.

He most certainly was in the Top 5 prior to Ade

Berbatov
Kanoute
Keane
Defoe
Bent

Ade should be in there, VdV should as well as a forward. How many striker have we had in the last decade? 20? And he's not even in the top 5. Meh, hardly one of our best.

Incorrect

And unless you have factual proof to back that up, better to retract it, imo

I meant no disrespect to you.

I did see totman say that "He cant disagree with me though, because he asked me never to reply to him. Still reads my posts though and responds to me through others. Cowards way I suppose, but Im touched by it really. " and from what I could see it was about you. I don't agree or disagree, I was only making the point that he was doing a very similar thing himself to what he found objectionable in others.

I dont disagree - but as you say it is speculative. At least the "what has happened to now" stakes, while open to interpretation, are more tangible.

Ive stated a number of times RE Suarez, speculatively =P~, that I think he has the potential to be a fabulous player - but that his attitude/mentality hold him back. I also believe they will continue to do so.

This isnt a slight on the whole racism charge either, more that he would rather cheat, dive, whine and bite his way through a game instead of using his GHod given talents to their fullest.

I dont disagree - but as you say it is speculative. At least the "what has happened to now" stakes, while open to interpretation, are more tangible.

Ive stated a number of times RE Suarez, speculatively =P~, that I think he has the potential to be a fabulous player - but that his attitude/mentality hold him back. I also believe they will continue to do so.

This isnt a slight on the whole racism charge either, more that he would rather cheat, dive, whine and bite his way through a game instead of using his GHod given talents to their fullest.

I agree.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Also, if someone says to me "the last decade" I consider that to be the last 10 years. Not the 10 years starting from two years ago.

In weekend games news, Saudi Sportswashing Machine play Sunderland. Do we care how Saudi Sportswashing Machine do or should we be a slight bit concerned?

Fair enough. However if you in the future don't want to further discuss a topic I suggest not referring to those that disagree with you as "The GG Pitchfork Massive (...)hunting you down with burning crosses." and saying that "NONE of them are still trying to explain to me how f#cking good he is anymore." Belittling those that disagree with you and making them sound like someone who don't defend their opinions and were just biased and ignorant to disagree with you tends to re-ignite discussions.

You complain about Arcspace (I think) making comments about your opinions to others while not wanting to actually discuss with you, sure your snipes at those who have disagreed with you in the past are no better?

I did want to further discuss the issue, and I have, in alot of detail. Im not going to keep saying the same things over and over though. You havent said what you like about him as a player.....just seems that you are slightly offended by my stance (for whatever bizarre reason)

Not my problem. Like I said, Im comfortable that you disagree with the numerous reasons I have given to why IMO Suarez is average. And Im comfortable with the fact you havent countered any of those reasons, with your opinion of his play.

Alot of stats, little else though to be honest.

Fair enough. However if you in the future don't want to further discuss a topic I suggest not referring to those that disagree with you as "The GG Pitchfork Massive (...)hunting you down with burning crosses." and saying that "NONE of them are still trying to explain to me how f#cking good he is anymore." Belittling those that disagree with you and making them sound like someone who don't defend their opinions and were just biased and ignorant to disagree with you tends to re-ignite discussions.

You complain about Arcspace (I think) making comments about your opinions to others while not wanting to actually discuss with you, sure your snipes at those who have disagreed with you in the past are no better?

=D>

In weekend games news, Saudi Sportswashing Machine play Sunderland. Do we care how Saudi Sportswashing Machine do or should we be a slight bit concerned?

Not really concerned about Saudi Sportswashing Machine but looking forward to the game.

Snipes? Did you read what was thrown at me last time this discussion came up? I was told "you are wrong", I was told I was "lacking knowledge of the game", I was told that I "dont rate any players outside Spurs", that "there is nothing to discuss because Suarez is not average", that I am "clearly a wind up merchant trying to cause a reaction", that I dont have the ability to "learn from others", or "change my opinion".........and when I did change my stance I had it thrown in my face and was accused of being a "hypocrite".

All because I rate Suarez differently.

So no, I dont think I am as bad as people who specifically request that I dont reply to them, but then they reply to me, through someone else, because they are not man enough to speak to me.

I will debate with anyone. Ive said Im comfortable with your stance on Suarez, but you still clearly arent with mine.

Again, not my problem.

Back