• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'let's blame everything on Dawson' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think were gonna get anywhere positive with this thread tbh....

I remember having a conversation with you regarding Dawson not long ago.......just gonna end up going round in circles.

I admit I amongst others have probably been to harsh on Daws and I am also guilty of overlooking other defenders mistakes.......you I might argue in turn are overlooking all the crucial times he has cost us.

For me I have had my fill of Daws and I have already explained my reasons to you. Happy to agree to disagree....I dont actually enjoy pasting our players....and many more are culpable other than Daws for some of our poor peformances I admit that.

i actually wouldnt mind dawson leaving for better pasture.

it will enlighted people on his importance when they no longer hear these words which come about oh so VERY often "player X crosses the ball into the box....CLEARED BY DAWSON"...... listen to the next game and tell me how often that comes up. certain players are magnets to that ball......

but like i said , if you arent appreciated then you arent appreciated...what you gonna do.

you are right , you have told me what you think about this and i do respect you have an opinion on this (please appreciate that you are very far from an unreasonable poster who just posts crap....testament should be the GG awards thread, well deserved and very much well earned...an actual bonus us snatching you for this place)...i just dont agree with it and i think its based on you wanting athletic technical powerhouses who can marshal and control a defensive line or something...where are you going to find that? And if you cant find it ...why get rid of our captain thats marshalled a stingy defence since he has been in the back line?

the thing that scares me is that you'll probably say kaboul is better than dawson:)

Dawson played his best football with Bassong as partner. It's not rocket science, if we have a slow defender who is great in the air and attacking the ball (Dawson) then he needs a quick partner who can sweep up. We currently have no quick centre-backs (people will argue Chiriches, but he ain't quick like Bassong was, Kaboul in his prime, Ledley in his prime etc).

He played well with Bassong, but his best football was with Ledley beside him, right up until the last three months of Ledders' career. Even with one knee he was able to drop and cover superbly. They were a great partnership. Interestingly, I remember when Ledders and Gardner were partners at the back, and I genuinely thought the pair would go on to play for England together. Gardner was some prospect…he just ended up wandering…a shame…I think Daws and Verts could work very well again because Verts positional sense is superb...

i actually wouldnt mind dawson leaving for better pasture.

it will enlighted people on his importance when they no longer hear these words which come about oh so VERY often "player X crosses the ball into the box....CLEARED BY DAWSON"...... listen to the next game and tell me how often that comes up. certain players are magnets to that ball......

but like i said , if you arent appreciated then you arent appreciated...what you gonna do.

you are right , you have told me what you think about this and i do respect you have an opinion on this (please appreciate that you are very far from an unreasonable poster who just posts crap....testament should be the GG awards thread, well deserved and very much well earned...an actual bonus us snatching you for this place)...i just dont agree with it and i think its based on you wanting athletic technical powerhouses who can marshal and control a defensive line or something...where are you going to find that? And if you cant find it ...why get rid of our captain thats marshalled a stingy defence since he has been in the back line?

the thing that scares me is that you'll probably say kaboul is better than dawson:)

Maybe I would do if he ever bloody played.;)

I dont neccesarily want a perfect athlete...though I do think he was very unsuited to AVB's style. I hate his deciscion making and positioning which seems to amplify his lack of pace and slowness of turn. I Cant remember the last time he put in a MOM peformance for us (though im sure you will enlighten me).

And as for what my dream of a Captain is he falls short for me......doesnt raise others by setting example doesnt inspire for me.....but dont take that too seriously.....my belief is your captain should be a cm directing the team from the middle.....like a gerrard I guess......perhaps I am misguided on that as their has obviously been wonderful captains leading from cb.

I just think he has had his time and in that time I think he has shown that he is a solid EPL defender.......But I dont think (due to league positions and lack of cup success) he has ever been quite good enough for us to achieve something special.

Remember Vertonghen pulling down that Villa player's shorts? haha, imagine the sh1t Dawson would have caught for that!

Dawson can get exposed for a lack of pace/mobility, but guess what? So does Jan Vertonghen. I think they are both good players who could do with a quicker partner.

It's all about the pair, not the individual. Terry and Vidic, fantastic at their peak...but you probably wouldn't want them in the same side.

Remember Vertonghen pulling down that Villa player's shorts? haha, imagine the sh1t Dawson would have caught for that!

Dawson can get exposed for a lack of pace/mobility, but guess what? So does Jan Vertonghen. I think they are both good players who could do with a quicker partner.

It's all about the pair, not the individual. Terry and Vidic, fantastic at their peak...but you probably wouldn't want them in the same side.

Good point...but Verts would always get the nod over Dawson because he can drive forward from cb & make a telling pass.....he is much more tidy in possesion also....... I would like to see Verts & Vlad for a bit......and maybe if we start shipping in a bundle then I can beg African for forgiveness.

neither Terry or Carvalho were quick though and they were one of the best central defence partnerships you will ever see. It's not always about speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back