• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'let's blame everything on Dawson' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread dedicated to putting the blame on Michael Dawson for other players individual errors. Here you can rejoice and be free to blame him for absolutely EVERYTHING when it's clear it's someone else's fault/mistake.

I find it utterly pathetic how a select few (in particular) will literally try everything in their power to find faults, that are simply not there (not saying Dawson doesn't have faults in general btw). It's been going on for a while but this season it's reached epic proportions. The guy may not be the most technically gifted player but he's a very good centre back and has been at the club since 04, putting in some excellent performances.

This is the thread dedicated to putting the blame on Michael Dawson for other players individual errors. Here you can rejoice and be free to blame him for absolutely EVERYTHING when it's clear it's someone else's fault/mistake.

I find it utterly pathetic how a select few (in particular) will literally try everything in their power to find faults, that are simply not there (not saying Dawson doesn't have faults in general btw). It's been going on for a while but this season it's reached epic proportions. The guy may not be the most technically gifted player but he's a very good centre back and has been at the club since 04, putting in some excellent performances.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment here, what relevance do his time at the club and previous performances have?

In fact, seeing as we're a club that regularly sells our good players, his longevity could be seen as evidence of a lack of ability.

Could be that this season in particular his weaknesses are not only being exposed, but costing us dearly, but pretty much everyone gets ****ged of regularly.

It's funny that you two, are the two, that replied fist being that you're two of the main culprits and the reason this thread was created.

His mistakes are not costing us dearly imo. In fact, wasn't he one of the main reasons we looked so solid at the back earlier in the season? funny that the amount of goals we're leaking coincides with Dawson having to be partnered up with three other cb's (Chiriches, Kaboul, and Capoue) due to injuries.

The Arsenal game sums it up for me. Dawson gets the blame when he's cb partner does absolutely nothing and gets stuck in no mans land. The funny thing is, no blame would have been attributed to Dawson had he just followed the runner (Walcott) and made no attempt to close Gnarby down to. He instead tries to do BOTH jobs due to his partner doing.....hmm.....nothing..and guess what? he gets the blame.
Same with the Pool game (and others) where he tries to do two things due to Capoue doing...yes you guessed it...nothing. Guess who gets the majority of the blame though? yep.

Quite obviously, the reason that there's not peace and brotherly love in the Middle East is all because of Michael Dawson.

This years Jenas by the looks of things. Every season we have 1 or 2 players that come in for abuse regardless whether they actually did anything wrong.

IMO we keep clean sheets in spite of Dawson's presence in the team. He still does not know how to organize a back line, despite having almost 10 years of PL experience. He gets caught out ball watching most games. Loses players he's supposed to be marking. Still rushes into challenges when there's no need.

Shola Ameobi has not spent 14 years at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, racking up over 300 appearances, because he's incredibly talented. Just like Dawson he's an adequate squad player that has gotten games when others have been injured or sold, but never been good enough to tempt a bigger or even similar level club.

Why is it Dawson should be excempt from criticism because he's one of your favorites? It's not like you're never critical of other players.

IMO we keep clean sheets in spite of Dawson's presence in the team. He still does not know how to organize a back line, despite having almost 10 years of PL experience. He gets caught out ball watching most games. Loses players he's supposed to be marking. Still rushes into challenges when there's no need.

Shola Ameobi has not spent 14 years at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, racking up over 300 appearances, because he's incredibly talented. Just like Dawson he's an adequate squad player that has gotten games when others have been injured or sold, but never been good enough to tempt a bigger or even similar level club.

Why is it Dawson should be excempt from criticism because he's one of your favorites? It's not like you're never critical of other players.

When did i say that?

He should absolutely be criticised when he's at fault for a goal, has a bad performance or makes a mistake. Some (like yourself) will not only do that, but will criticise him for others mistakes and it's rather tedious. Some find a way, no matter how much of a stretch it is, to lay the blame his way no matter what.

I went to the Man U game at Old Trafford and was sitting in the home end....managing to stay sat on my hands and with my mouth shut throughout!

However, what was really obvious was how much behind the team and the manager the United fans were despite the dross they were subjected to. United fans more than anyone expect a divine rite to be winning every week and more so than anyone else can justifiably feel very dejected about their season. Yet, there were several songs in support of Moyes specifically.

Compare that to some of the idiocy you see and hear within White Hart Lane and on some of these boards. This is what forced AVB into his comments about the 'negative atmosphere' at WHL which I totally agree with. There are a lot of people who bang on about the great atmosphere at the Lane and how quiet Arsenal are and dont get me wrong there are some electric occasions but a bit like Dawson I guess at times we (the crowd) are amazing but on other occasions we are a liability.

Its even worse on twitter mate. I had the choice between digging people out or "unfollowing" them. In the end I chose the latter because these idiots clearly aren't going to change their opinion.

Pretty sure I read recently that of the last 45 league matches Dawson has started we have lost only 7.

I am a Dawson fan. I love his attitude and his love for the club - probably the very last of the old-school type who actually do love the football club. He gives everything on the field. I recognise he has his limitations - I don't think he backs himself enough in a foot race and will go square on and gamble on winning a tackle where he could jockey someone wide of the goal.

Also think our other centre-halves get free passes. Kaboul apparently is far better despite starting 2 games in 2 seasons and not having the long-term consistency that Dawson has.
Chiriches, despite being wonderfully cool on the ball, makes some rank bad mistakes in when to play it and when to clear it. But being good on the ball gets him a free pass.
Verthongen - again a wonderful left foot and very talented on the ball. Also makes some very poor errors - whether it be marking from corners or concentration. Didn't show up at Leeds last year in the cup for example.

Good thread and well done on highlighting this.

It's funny that you two, are the two, that replied fist being that you're two of the main culprits and the reason this thread was created.

His mistakes are not costing us dearly imo. In fact, wasn't he one of the main reasons we looked so solid at the back earlier in the season? funny that the amount of goals we're leaking coincides with Dawson having to be partnered up with three other cb's (Chiriches, Kaboul, and Capoue) due to injuries.

The Arsenal game sums it up for me. Dawson gets the blame when he's cb partner does absolutely nothing and gets stuck in no mans land. The funny thing is, no blame would have been attributed to Dawson had he just followed the runner (Walcott) and made no attempt to close Gnarby down to. He instead tries to do BOTH jobs due to his partner doing.....hmm.....nothing..and guess what? he gets the blame.
Same with the Pool game (and others) where he tries to do two things due to Capoue doing...yes you guessed it...nothing. Guess who gets the majority of the blame though? yep.

Really? When was the last time I criticised Dawson for a goal?

When did i say that?

He should absolutely be criticised when he's at fault for a goal, has a bad performance or makes a mistake. Some (like yourself) will not only do that, but will criticise him for others mistakes and it's rather tedious. Some find a way, no matter how much of a stretch it is, to lay the blame his way no matter what.

No more tedious than your constant criticism of Paulinho for instance.

No more tedious than your constant criticism of Paulinho for instance.

The difference being that i give him praise when he performs (check my ratings in the Stoke game..and a few others when he's done well). I might go overboard when criticsing him BUT i criticise for his mistakes and never try and blame him for other players mistakes.

Scaramanga - Liverpool was the last game i think.

I did not solely blame Dawson though, but there's no doubt to me that he should have done better in that situation.

Scaramanga - Liverpool was the last game i think.

I doubt it - I don't think I watched the Liverpool game.

In fact, I don't believe (my memory may be failing me here) that I've blamed Dawson for anything since quite early this season.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment here, what relevance do his time at the club and previous performances have?

In fact, seeing as we're a club that regularly sells our good players, his longevity could be seen as evidence of a lack of ability.

And AVP tried to sell him so you could argue he only remains because there were no takers.

On the other hand, his return to the team last season led to a few months where we had one of the best defences (Dec-Feb?) and early this season we had the best defence until the genius of Allardyce showed the way to beat us. Dawson was one of the CBs throughout these good defensive runs.

The problem we are seeing is that we don't have a good or stable defensive partnership. You don't have to be a great player to be part of a great partnership (e.g. Dunne-Distin at City). Dawson has shown he is more than capable of being part of a good partnership, in these recent runs and notably with Ledley. That was where Ledley was so good. Apart from his skills he could form a good partnership with anyone and make them better.

I doubt it - I don't think I watched the Liverpool game.

In fact, I don't believe (my memory may be failing me here) that I've blamed Dawson for anything since quite early this season.

I'm pretty sure it was Liverpool (or another game where he partnered Capoue). Maybe Spammers cup game...

I'm pretty sure it was Liverpool (or another game where he partnered Capoue). Maybe Spammers cup game...

In which case my memory must be failing me as I don't remember that at all. If you have an image/vid of the goal I can tell you if I think Dawson is to blame and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back