• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Lane, The Finale

Perryman, Mabbutt, Roberts, and other ex captains that have lead this great club onto the hallowed turf and shrine that is WHL.

Story here :
Paul Gascoigne among Tottenham legends invited to final match at White Hart Lane but Real Madrid may stop Gareth Bale attending
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-hart-lane-but-real-madrid-may-a3528186.html

"Gascoigne has rarely watched games at White Hart Lane since his retirement but he was pictured there alongside Gary Mabbutt, captain of the 1991 side, for Spurs 2-2 draw with Everton in April 2013. He was also at the ground on the day of the 2-2 draw with West Ham in February 2015, appearing on a BT Sport pre‑match show.

When Spurs faced Lazio in the group stages of the Europa League in 2012, Gascoigne was invited to both fixtures. Though he missed the one in north London, he was in Rome that November for the 0-0 draw."
Hmmmm.....

I actually, despite it not being maybe universally popular, would like to see the previous administrations represented so Alan Sugar and Irving Scholar and anyone connected to the Wale family. Regardless of what people might think, they are part of the history of the club and the ground and why we are all emotional about May 14th.

Other than that obviously the sort of names being mentioned you would want to see but also perhaps some of the players who were part of less successful sides but played their part during hard times for the club so for me players I would like to express gratitude to would be players like Chris Armstrong, Vinny Samways, David Howells, Ian Walker, Justin Edinburgh, Ronny Rosenthal, Nicky Barmby, Steve Sedgley, Allan Nielsen, Steffen Iversen. Some of those players were bright spots in very poor teams or periods and others were long servants or made an impact like Nielsen.

I personally would love to see Chris Armstrong brought out because I feel he gets a very raw deal when it comes to his stats/performance for Spurs. I think he suffered incredibly badly with injuries yet when he was fit I thought him and Teddy were a very good partnership although that only lasted 2 seasons. He got 22 in his first season after a slow start and I remember him scoring a lovely goal against Arsenal at home and a cracking header in the 4-1 win against Man Utd. He got a great hat-trick against Everton on new years day 1999 too. 48 in 141 isn't such a bad record considering the absolute dross he was playing with half the time and his injury record either.

"Gascoigne has rarely watched games at White Hart Lane since his retirement but he was pictured there alongside Gary Mabbutt, captain of the 1991 side, for Spurs 2-2 draw with Everton in April 2013. He was also at the ground on the day of the 2-2 draw with West Ham in February 2015, appearing on a BT Sport pre‑match show.

When Spurs faced Lazio in the group stages of the Europa League in 2012, Gascoigne was invited to both fixtures. Though he missed the one in north London, he was in Rome that November for the 0-0 draw."
Hmmmm.....

Wasn't it the Real Madrid game when there was a chant of 'Gazza get yer boots on...' ? (I think he was on commentary though my memories could be confused)

I'd like to see me there, but sadly that won't happen.

All good shouts about our past greats though. Managers and players - not to fussed about previous owners, TBH. Close families of the double winning team, perhaps?

I'm sure there are plenty of worthy guests, but they have to sit somewhere too - mostly this game should be for the fans who have followed this club at that ground through thick and thin. People who've supported Spurs and filled WHL through the 90s and 00s, when we were mostly brick.

Story here :
Paul Gascoigne among Tottenham legends invited to final match at White Hart Lane but Real Madrid may stop Gareth Bale attending
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-hart-lane-but-real-madrid-may-a3528186.html
I just got the shivers THINKING about what the atmosphere will be like. I got to go twice this year - even got to take my young son to Bournemouth and it was electric - and that final game will be nuts. Best to all on here who can make it and I'll be watching from afar.

I'd like to see me there, but sadly that won't happen.

All good shouts about our past greats though. Managers and players - not to fussed about previous owners, TBH. Close families of the double winning team, perhaps?

I'm sure there are plenty of worthy guests, but they have to sit somewhere too - mostly this game should be for the fans who have followed this club at that ground through thick and thin. People who've supported Spurs and filled WHL through the 90s and 00s, when we were mostly brick.
I hope Rob White - John's son - can represent his dad.

I actually, despite it not being maybe universally popular, would like to see the previous administrations represented so Alan Sugar and Irving Scholar and anyone connected to the Wale family. Regardless of what people might think, they are part of the history of the club and the ground and why we are all emotional about May 14th.

Other than that obviously the sort of names being mentioned you would want to see but also perhaps some of the players who were part of less successful sides but played their part during hard times for the club so for me players I would like to express gratitude to would be players like Chris Armstrong, Vinny Samways, David Howells, Ian Walker, Justin Edinburgh, Ronny Rosenthal, Nicky Barmby, Steve Sedgley, Allan Nielsen, Steffen Iversen. Some of those players were bright spots in very poor teams or periods and others were long servants or made an impact like Nielsen.

I personally would love to see Chris Armstrong brought out because I feel he gets a very raw deal when it comes to his stats/performance for Spurs. I think he suffered incredibly badly with injuries yet when he was fit I thought him and Teddy were a very good partnership although that only lasted 2 seasons. He got 22 in his first season after a slow start and I remember him scoring a lovely goal against Arsenal at home and a cracking header in the 4-1 win against Man Utd. He got a great hat-trick against Everton on new years day 1999 too. 48 in 141 isn't such a bad record considering the absolute dross he was playing with half the time and his injury record either.

Sugar should get no credit, we are now recovering from his inability to take advantage/leverage the beginning of the EPL era, something which without Levy's amazing work, could have destroyed us as a top level club (see Villa). In the 10 years prior to Sugar's ownership, the club finished in the top 4 five times, in his ownership never (eight times 10th or worse, best of 7th), it literally took us 25 fudging years to get back to the level we were the year before Sugar bought us, please don't attempt to rewrite history.

Old players I have no issue with, especially a lot of the BMJ squad (Keane/JD/Lennon/Dawson) who contributed in large parts to the beginning of the revival.

Sugar should get no credit, we are now recovering from his inability to take advantage/leverage the beginning of the EPL era, something which without Levy's amazing work, could have destroyed us as a top level club (see Villa). In the 10 years prior to Sugar's ownership, the club finished in the top 4 five times, in his ownership never (eight times 10th or worse, best of 7th), it literally took us 25 fudging years to get back to the level we were the year before Sugar bought us, please don't attempt to rewrite history.

Old players I have no issue with, especially a lot of the BMJ squad (Keane/JD/Lennon/Dawson) who contributed in large parts to the beginning of the revival.

I have made no attempt to rewrite history at all. I haven't championed his stewardship of the club of which plenty of criticism can be levelled. All I said was that he, like Scholar and the Wales are part of the history of the club and should be represented. Incredibly bizarre response and seeing something that isn't there, Very disappointing from a poster that I enjoy reading and interacting with.

Oh if we only had Levy around in the early nineties. We'd be the most successful coy club in the country.

I have made no attempt to rewrite history at all. I haven't championed his stewardship of the club of which plenty of criticism can be levelled. All I said was that he, like Scholar and the Wales are part of the history of the club and should be represented. Incredibly bizarre response and seeing something that isn't there, Very disappointing from a poster that I enjoy reading and interacting with.

Apologies if I took it the wrong way, but the Sugar history drives me crazy .. he came very close to making us completely irrelevant and yet some (not saying you) fans somehow paint it very differently.

He is welcome at lane as long as it doesn't distract from the fact that this season is the culmination of our full history, but critically, a peak in a path Levy has built.

There should be a little people being paraded as possible. The West Ham one was embarrassing.

They should be proper Spurs not the likes of Lineker, Ginola, Bale, Waddle or Gazza. They're players who have played more games for other clubs and have played less Spurs games than Colin Calerwood ffs.

It should just be the Double winning side, Perryman, Hoddle, Mabbutt and Jennings.

There should be a little people being paraded as possible. The West Ham one was embarrassing.

They should be proper Spurs not the likes of Lineker, Ginola, Bale, Waddle or Gazza. They're players who have played more games for other clubs and have played less Spurs games than Colin Calerwood ffs.

It should just be the Double winning side, Perryman, Hoddle, Mabbutt and Jennings.

Greaves, if he can make it. Ossie. Ricky. Ledley. Mayybe Klinsmann.

I would respectfully disagree tbh. Some of those players you mentioned, well Waddle for a start played only 16 games more for Saudi Sportswashing Machine than he did for Spurs and quite frankly was irresistible in 1988/89. Lineker I could agree with omitting but Bale, Gazza and Ginola? Gave me some of my best moments and should be recognised imo.

The West Ham one needs to be looked at in context. With the exception of Peters, Moore, Hurst and Brooking, who have they ever had that has actually made a significant impact outside of their club? If you asked people randomly about Alan Devonshire or Phil Parkes they wouldn't have a clue. That wouldn't be the case with regards Bale, Ginola, Gazza etc. West Ham have virtually no history so there is nothing to celebrate hence why they wheeled out Dani, Carlton Cole, Trevor Sinclair etc.

If the whole day is managed well and staged in the right manner, which I trust the club to do, then its more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I want to drink in everything about this wonderful club on that final day at our beautiful ground and I don't care two hoots about supporters of other clubs belittling it. Something like the 125 celebration would be good.

Apologies if I took it the wrong way, but the Sugar history drives me crazy .. he came very close to making us completely irrelevant and yet some (not saying you) fans somehow paint it very differently.

He is welcome at lane as long as it doesn't distract from the fact that this season is the culmination of our full history, but critically, a peak in a path Levy has built.

Apology accepted. I completely relate. I feel a little like that with the slightly bad press Scholar gets at times who also isn't without fault but had a good vision (regarding the direction of the game as a whole) that has come to fruition and he tried to make sure Spurs benefited from it before anyone else.

Ginola was the only reason to watch Spurs for a while.

Back