• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

'"Ibra ibra ibra ibra ibra ibra ooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOOAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL IBRRAAAA---HIMMM---OOOOO---VICCC"

:ross: absolutely brilliant :ross:

"I cannot say I got everything perfect when we lost 4-0 but I don't believe I made big tactical mistakes." - Ars?¿ne Wenger

:ross: :ross: :ross:

From their OS:

Wenger - I have studied Spurs' victory

By Rob Kelly

Ars?¿ne Wenger admits he has studied TottenhamÔÇÖs victory against AC Milan last season - but intends to take a different approach against the Italian giants.

ArsenalÔÇÖs North London rivals secured a narrow 1-0 victory at the San Siro through a late goal by Peter Crouch, before the two sides played out a goalless draw in the second leg.

Wenger has watched both matches but wants the Gunners to take the game to Milan on Wednesday night.

ÔÇ£I have seen [that game], yes,ÔÇØ he said. ÔÇ£Milan had a lot of the ball and Tottenham caught them on the break at the end of the game.

ÔÇ£You never decide when you break, you break when you can. It was a game which was vastly dominated, especially in the second half, by Milan.

ÔÇ£We will not decide at the start of the game that we will sit in our half if we have to, like Tottenham did. We will do it and then try to catch them on the break.

ÔÇ£But at the start we will try to get out of our own half and try to get up there and play. Spurs won the game when they were dominated, but that is football today.ÔÇØ

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-have-studied-spurs-victory?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

Is it just me or have they removed that story from their OS?

Also from their OS:

Wenger - Top three place still achievable

Ars?¿ne Wenger says that claiming a place in the top three remains possible this season - but he admits it will take a major effort to do so.

Arsenal are currently 10 points behind third-placed Tottenham, but face their North London rivals at Emirates Stadium on February 26.

Wenger will not throw in the towel when it comes to chasing them down, but he concedes that the Gunners’ continued involvement in the Champions League could count against them.

"Mathematically [they are] not uncatchable but the disadvantage is that Tottenham play nowhere,” he said.

“They are out of the Europa League, they just play the FA Cup and championship and have much more rest than the other teams.

"We have two vital games and then we play Tottenham at home. After that game then we will know more.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-top-three-place-still-achievable

How good did it feel to slot away that penalty, Ibra?

Chungas_Revenge_1024_768.jpg

A bad game all around that wasn't help by the state of the pitch. If we play to our strengths we can still turn it around in the second leg, it's not impossible. We're 4th in the league and we're still in the FA cup. Europe hasn't seen the last of Arsenal yet. Milan played well, credit to them, but we'll adjust in the return leg.

i blame wenger, but i blame more the players
walcott face antonini who is very awful walcott have nake antonini look a world class fullback
robinho is f**king overrated player but our defense make him play like a world class player.
our midfield f**ked up by van bommel emanuelson and nocerino.
i really blame the players here, they were really awful not trying nothing give the ball away lack of ideas. rvp is standing alone and walcott ramsey who is our playmaker LOOOL and rozza are not give rvp a service.
sagna was really awful first time i see him play like that, tv5 who was beast and no one can beat him he was really awful and outplayed by ibra.
very awful performance the players need to wake up and sort it out.

Our heaviest ever defeat in Europe.

Boy have we missed Jack Wheelchair. He looked our best player in pre-season and the only candidate to replace the creativity of Fabregas or Nasri.

GHod this was depressing. Wenger's so completely lost it - four central midfielders??? With a defence as bad as ours we need an attack, and he just killed it with AWFUL tactics. The state of the pitch scared him too much and he reacted in the most ridiculous way. Sure, our wingers might've struggled, but it's better than not having any, and it didn't seem to trouble Milan too much.

He basically reacted exactly like Milan wanted him to, played right into their hands, but that's cheap tactics by what is supposed to be a big club, it is like they were taking a page out of Stoke's book.

I've never been so bored watching an Arsenal team in my life. We're clueless once we get to the opponent's box. It's just sideways passing, hence why the majority of our goals come through a winger playing a square ball to Van Persie. We lack creativity in the middle. Walcott is not adequate as a WF.
Boring, boring, boring.

What made this so painful is I kept thinking how Liverpool came back from being down 3-nil. And the Spurs totally outplayed last year....

Wenger is right. He didn't make any tactical mistakes, oh other than letting Fabregas go for peanuts and not replacing him, not resigning Nasri, not replacing Adebayor with quality, letting us go into the New Year without any full backs, not understanding that the game has changed since Abramovich arrived, never studying other teams and playing to their weaknesses and neutering their strengths... other than that he has has read it perfectly.

Its like they drank the Kool-aid and believed the hype on this forum and thought Milan were going to be push overs. Someone on here honestly said they were hoping to rest players in the return leg.

I think this was without doubt the single most impotent performance in the CL I have ever seen by Arsenal. I hope the powers that be take note and realise the extent to which our team has fallen from the elite. Tonight we were like 1st time entrants in this competition rather than perennial qualifiers, Finalists, semi-finalits, 1/4 finalists.

Many on this forum, including me, pretty much underestimated Milan. They are 7 time Champions league winners, current Serie A champions and are still on top of Serie A. Unfortunately this mentality was shared through the media and possibly the players too. They've got fantastic big name players among a strong squad. From Silva in defence to Ibrahimovich in attack, world class players. Today they showed their class.
Let this be a lesson.

I think they suffered from poor management in the previous seasons just like Inter at the moment.
The current manager seems to be doing the right things. Did he win the league with them last season?

I've never been so bored watching an Arsenal team in my life.

Apart from the fact he can't have been supporting them for 5 minutes if he can make that statement, and the delusion they can overturn a 4-0 reverse, he's not too far wrong there.

Look quite frankly Arsescum are just brick. I said to a few of my mates who support them that they would finish lower than us in the league at the start of the season and was laughed at. I know there are a few games to go but i am completely confident that my predicition will be correct. You cannot get rid of your top players and replace them with painfully average players and expect to compete. Im amazed they are fourth to be honest. I was expecting Chelsea to be slightly more competitive this year.

Arsenal were an embarrasment to the premier league tonight. I am gonna sit back and enjoy watching them crash and burn for the rest of the season whilst we secure champions league qualification. This may well be the first time we have finished above them for a number of years but we are on for something special and i dont think its going to be the last in the near future.

"80 minutes! 4-0! FOUR NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL"

[video=youtube;vQH0ebBiUvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQH0ebBiUvM[/video]

This bloke's in the Ladbrokes adverts now.

This game happened last year yesterday (it's past midnight now)

Van Persie's contract runs out next summer. He won't sign a new one unless they give him some very good reasons, ie. qualify for CL and invest in the squad, and there is no way Arsenal can afford to let him run it down. Without CL money they're fudged. Squad of mostly average talent on twice the wages they will get anywhere else. Van Persie is one of the few assets they can actually cash in on.

Back