• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

:ross:

Mancini admits RVP interest

City boss a fan - but thinks striker will sign new Arsenal deal

Last Updated: March 8, 2012 7:08am

The 28-year-old, who has netted 32 goals for the north London club this season, is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium in 2013 and has put talks over a new deal on hold until the summer.

Mancini would love to sign Van Persie if he became available, but does not think that will happen.

The Italian said: "We are interested in all good players. This is normal, but not only us. I think all the good teams are interested in Van Persie.

"I think Van Persie at this moment is one of the best strikers in Europe with [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo and with Sergio [Aguero] and Mario [Balotelli].

"I think he is a fantastic striker, but I think he will remain with Arsenal."

City acquired Samir Nasri from Arsenal last summer and have also signed Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor from the Gunners in recent years.

Mancini added: "I think if there is a good player who wants to leave a club, then we are interested.

"But if this player wants to stay, we don't have any problem. In my opinion, Van Persie will stay at Arsenal.

"I think Robin van Persie will sign a new contract with Arsenal because if Arsenal lose also Van Persie, they will have a big problem.

"I think Arsenal will buy good players in the summer. Arsenal is a top team. They want to win the next Premier League, so for these reasons I think he will stay."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7578543/Mancini-admits-RVP-interest

c20171.jpg

Last edited:
Still around on BlueMoan, as far as I know - some local voyeurs to confirm. I believe jimmyb had a tussle with him few months ago

Szczesny - We know who's boss

Arsenal keeper says Chelsea players run things at Stamford Bridge

Last Updated: March 8, 2012 9:13am

Both London sides have had difficult campaigns but Szczesny has now highlighted what he believes are the key differences after seeing Arsenal enjoy a revival in recent weeks.

The Gunners bowed out of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday but could take a lot of pride from a 3-0 victory over AC Milan in the second leg, while they have also beaten Tottenham and Liverpool to move into pole position in the race for fourth place in the Premier League.

Szczesny puts the improvement down to a spirit of togetherness and determination to do well for Wenger, who has had to contend with criticism at various points this season.

"We have a fantastic manager who knows how to run the club," the goalkeeper said in The Sun.

"All the players believe in what he's doing.

"Sometimes things don't go our way but we believe in the way the manager runs the club, the way we want to play football.

"In doing that, we know that even if things are wrong we're going to turn it around and win games - and that's what we have done in the last few weeks. Hopefully we can keep doing it."

Completely different

While Wenger has been at Arsenal since 1996 and Szczesny insists he still retains the respect of everyone in the squad, Andre Villas-Boas failed to see out his first season at Chelsea after being sacked over the weekend following months of speculation about his future.

Reports have suggested that there was a rift between Villas-Boas and some of the senior players in the Blues dressing room, and that is something Szczesny says would never happen at Arsenal.

"Arsenal is a little bit different to Chelsea," said the 21-year-old.

"I think some of the English lads at Chelsea run the club, pretty much. You know, they've had about 10 different managers in the last few years."
Wojciech Szczesny Quotes of the week

"I think some of the English lads at Chelsea run the club, pretty much. You know, they've had about 10 different managers in the last few years.

"So it's completely different at this club and we knew that sooner or later we were going to get a result.

"I'm sure Chelsea will pick themselves up sooner or later - but hopefully not soon enough to get in front of Arsenal."

Speaking about how player power could affect a club, Szczesny added: "I don't know because we're all even at this club, I've never experienced it in my life.

"We have the boss and we know who is the boss in the dressing room - and that's Arsene Wenger, obviously, and the skipper Robin van Persie, who is the leader in the team.

"But we're all even in the dressing room, and so I can't really say anything about it, I've never experienced it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7578758/Szczesny-We-know-who-s-boss

Wenger buying another player they dont need.....what they need is another striker, whether RVP stays or not. Gervhino, Mertesaker have looked like sh#t, so heres hoping the same for Podolski

I don't undestand why Podolski would sign for Arsenal at this point in time. Would have thought he at least would see if they got into the CL, and probably even wait until after the Euros, a good tournament for Germany and all of a sudden some bigger clubs might be in for him.

I don't undestand why Podolski would sign for Arsenal at this point in time. Would have thought he at least would see if they got into the CL, and probably even wait until after the Euros, a good tournament for Germany and all of a sudden some bigger clubs might be in for him.

Doubt anyone bigger than Arsenal would opt for a player who's been distinctly average for most of his career and flopped massively at the first big club.

Ive always liked the look of Podolski. 43 goals for Germany, ok return for club level. Thought he could do a job for us tbh, hes no Chamakh. If they keep hold of RVP as well they could actually do better next season, provided they sort out the bricky defence.

From the F365 mailbox:

I just wanted to write in to say how very proud I am of my beloved Tottenham Hotspur. Last night we showed great mental strength to win against all the odds (they went 1-0 up). At a time when some started to doubt whether this team had the fighting spirit to maintain the excellent form shown earlier in the season, they answered in emphatic fashion last night against the mighty Stevenage.

One penalty and two goals later and no-one is doubting us now. The Harry haters have well and truly been silenced after a display that proves that next year will be our year and players such as Rose and Nelson have proved beyond all doubt that they are the world class players we all hoped they were. People may have questioned our squad strength before but now we have shown that we have probably the strongest squad in the world and can match anyone on our day.

If the new England manager doesn't take Jake Livermore to Euro 2012 I will be amazed. If we don't want to be humiliated then this guy has to go. He has half a season of premiership football under his belt now and proved that he's the best hope England have of doing well at the tournament.

We may not win the title this year but I think this result and performance will send a message out to the rest of the league that we wont roll over. Having shown our character, strength and team spirit I really think we can hold on to third spot or maybe even finish higher. I just hope Chelsea now finish above that other North London team. I would love to see Arsenal in the Europa League....

Rob Pearse (That is how you react to a win right?)

It's a sarcastic dig at the Arsenal fans rushing into the mailbox to cry tears of pride at their 15th straight exit from the competition.

425298_10151378067655475_607825474_23604863_866378835_n.jpg

What do you reckon, one man team ???

Back