• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think wenger has 'selective cold' syndrome, he says he has a cold before a game he thinks he might lose, then if they win he suddenly perks up and has a nice interview with the press

Funny thing is, Arsenal will have to start to strengthen if they are ever going to challenge for another title. If that happens Szczesny will be one of the first replaced.

Funny thing is, Arsenal will have to start to strengthen if they are ever going to challenge for another title. If that happens Szczesny will be one of the first replaced.

Considering how long they kept Almunia in goal I'm not so sure.

Don't see why they'd replace Szczesny, he's young, a very good goalkeeper and will only improve through experience. They have one of the best right backs in the league (Sagna), one of the best centre halves in the league (Vermaelen), one of the most improved centre halves in the league (Koscielny) a bright prospect at left back (Gibbs), a very bright youngster in Alex Chamberlain, a solid box to box midfielder in Alex Song, one of England's most talented players and a big **** in Jack Wheelchair yet to come back from injury and one of the best strikers in the world in van Persie. They need a few big signings and they could quite easily be right up there, it's whether Wenger decides to spend or not.

Should be, but Wenger doesnt exactly strengthen well (has he replaced Viera yet by the way?).....

Szcezny is cack

Szcezny said:
With third-placed Spurs only four points, though, Szczesny is hoping the Gunners can pile the misery on their arch-rivals.

"I would not settle right now for fourth place," he said after the 3-0 win over AC Milan on Tuesday. "We are four points behind the other North London club - I am not going to say their name - and hopefully we can challenge them.

"Hopefully Chelsea can challenge them for fourth place and I would be really pleased to see them in the Europa League next season. That would be fantastic. Hopefully they will be looking at this result and are looking over their shoulders. The momentum is with us. We won two fantastic games against Liverpool and Tottenham and we won a great game against Milan."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...zesny-feels-english-stars-run-chelsea?cc=5901

Last edited:
Right peeps.

Now we have got the potential FA Cup banana skin out of gthe way, can anyone knock up what should be a photoshop with LOTS of opportunities:

A poster of the film Seven and relate that to L'Arse...what with the number of years without trophies and all...

I look forward to seeing mock-ups later =P~

Ta!

Arse go out of a cup while we progress in one \o/

The Double is on

The Quadruple is off (til next year? :oops:)

"Hopefully Chelsea can challenge them for fourth place and I would be really pleased to see them in the Europa League next season. That would be fantastic. Hopefully they will be looking at this result and are looking over their shoulders. The momentum is with us. We won two fantastic games against Liverpool and Tottenham and we won a great game against Milan."

Annoyingly, whenever one of our players comes out with stuff like that, more often than not it backfires on us, but never seems to when another clubs' player says something

Annoyingly, whenever one of our players comes out with stuff like that, more often than not it backfires on us, but never seems to when another clubs' player says something

Oh don't you worry; it will.

Chelski players will be fired up now to shut him up after he mentioned their disunity. Also I wonder if Saudi Sportswashing Machine players might feel he's dismissed them too easily by not even mentioning them:-k

Wenger always bleats about 'mental strenz', but he may have a point. We're really, really weak when the pressure's turned up on us, a few exceptions aside. It's a mystery why that's so. I mean, the greatest team in our history had the likes of Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower, and was led by the hard as nails Bill Nick. Surely that can't have all evaporated in the years after '61?

Perhaps we used up all our reserves of 'mental hardness' during those glory years...

Last edited:
Matt Fortune ‏ @DMworldfootball Reply Retweet Favorite ?À Open
TRANSFER NEWS! Arsenal and Cologne agree €13million deal for Lukas Podolski. He'll sign a 4yr 100k-a-week contract bit.ly/zy38l2

Thout it was 25m? Decent signing but nothing to worry about.

Their keeper, who I shall not name, is a decent keeper. Nothing more. He's got plenty of clangers to drop like Fulham away. He has a face that we would all love to slap and hopefully someone will sooner or later.

Don't see why they'd replace Szczesny, he's young, a very good goalkeeper and will only improve through experience. They have one of the best right backs in the league (Sagna), one of the best centre halves in the league (Vermaelen), one of the most improved centre halves in the league (Koscielny) a bright prospect at left back (Gibbs), a very bright youngster in Alex Chamberlain, a solid box to box midfielder in Alex Song, one of England's most talented players and a big **** in Jack Wheelchair yet to come back from injury and one of the best strikers in the world in van Persie until the summer when he fudges off to City or Madrid. They need a few big signings and they could quite easily be right up there, it's whether Wenger decides to spend or not.

Fixed.

?ú100k a week? For Lucas Podolski? :ross:

The sheer financial absurdity aside - where exactly does that leave players like Walcott, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain considering Podoski is essentially a winger. Unless of course RvP is planning a road trip in the summer? :-"

Oh, and that most certainly rules them out of the potential Hazard deal so good news for us

Podolski is the new Arshavin, in more ways than one. Wenger needs at least 4 wingers as it's the only subs he makes these days.

Back