• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Are they fudging serious? What a bunch of pathetic low life tossers!

Gabby Agbonlahor has told Mikel Arteta and Arsenal to 'shut up and stop moaning' after complaints about the treatment of Bukayo Saka.

talkSPORT understands the Gunners have held conversations with Premier League's refereeing body [PGMOL] about what they deem to be rough treatment of their star man.

Knife crime in London seems to be enough of a problem to not look at the issue through partisan eyes. Good on them for doing it.

So who are the two most fouled players in the league?
I'd put decent money on one of them being maddison if it's fouls per minutes played.
Should the first foul on the most fouled player be a red card?
This brick really is getting ridiculous now.
Clubs should be docked points for trying to bully officials.

So who are the two most fouled players in the league?
I'd put decent money on one of them being maddison if it's fouls per minutes played.
Should the first foul on the most fouled player be a red card?
This brick really is getting ridiculous now.
Clubs should be docked points for trying to bully officials.

In terms of fouls per minutes played it's Lo Celso.

In terms of fouls per minutes played it's Lo Celso.
Really?
Surprised, not surprised, was fairly confident it would be one of ours despite all the awful "advantage" fouls we seem to get.
I'm assuming those don't count but I don't actually know.

I agree but it will be about as effective as Ant & Dec's "just say no". The peer pressure and fear are far greater influences than a bunch of millionaires trying to look cool and a PR stunt.
Maybe...but I think they're doing a bit more than just the kit. They've apparently built some football pitches for youth to play on, contributing a bit of money to various projects. Better than doing nothing -- I don't know that arsenal get much out of it. The kits aren't for sale, they're not exactly converting fans through it...seems to be worth trying something at least.

Maybe...but I think they're doing a bit more than just the kit. They've apparently built some football pitches for youth to play on, contributing a bit of money to various projects. Better than doing nothing -- I don't know that arsenal get much out of it. The kits aren't for sale, they're not exactly converting fans through it...seems to be worth trying something at least.

Most clubs run community projects and they do very good work, but issues like crime depend a lot on the environment kids live in and no matter how much clubs and the kids who attend genuinely want to change things it's hard for the kids, they have to live with the situation every minute of their lives.

Most clubs run community projects and they do very good work, but issues like crime depend a lot on the environment kids live in and no matter how much clubs and the kids who attend genuinely want to change things it's hard for the kids, they have to live with the situation every minute of their lives.
There are many footballers -- Ledley King for one -- who said football saved them from a life of trouble as a kid. If the pitches arsenal build help just one kid, surely it's worth it?

Or we can just sit here and criticise them and say "why bother..." I guess.

There are many footballers -- Ledley King for one -- who said football saved them from a life of trouble as a kid. If the pitches arsenal build help just one kid, surely it's worth it?

Or we can just sit here and criticise them and say "why bother..." I guess.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying there are projects run by many clubs but they don't try grabbing publicity jumping on the back of tragedies. Our own club have run many project and have won multiple community awards without selfaggrandizment. This is a terrible crime and local schools and organisations are fighting this battle daily but they have limited time with these kids before they return to their life. There's no easy quick fix to this, a few kids will benefit from these schemes but the hardcore will still rule the roost. Anyone with kids and grandkids lives in fear of what can happen to them when they walk out that door and we want something done to stop this, but it takes money and even harder to get a change to our society.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying there are projects run by many clubs but they don't try grabbing publicity jumping on the back of tragedies. Our own club have run many project and have won multiple community awards without selfaggrandizment. This is a terrible crime and local schools and organisations are fighting this battle daily but they have limited time with these kids before they return to their life. There's no easy quick fix to this, a few kids will benefit from these schemes but the hardcore will still rule the roost. Anyone with kids and grandkids lives in fear of what can happen to them when they walk out that door and we want something done to stop this, but it takes money and even harder to get a change to our society.
Jeez...and I thought I was cynical 😯

Just read on BBC website that Arteta has denied they contact PGMOL (or whatever they call themselves) about Saka being fouled, he did say they are communicating with them daily about nothing specific and they are aware of the situation. Think I'll start ringing them up daily and having a chat about nothing specific when I've got nothing better to do.

Back