• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

those players that you mentioned dont have champions league at their current clubs anyway. and a move to us or lpool would be a massive step up for them both in terms of salaries and prestige.apart from ozil, any of arsenals transfers in recent years couldve ended up at us or lpool had Ar5ena1 not been in for them.

Do you make things up on the spot?? I mentioned Ozil and Sanchez, who DID have champions league at the clubs before joining Arsenal. On one hand you say that having Champions league is NOT a major advantage for Arsenal and other clubs in the CL in being able to attract players to them instead of the likes of us or Liverpool, but then you say they could have ended up at Liverpool or Arsenal had Arsenal not been in for them!o_O This is you talking contradictory horsebrick and tying yourself up in knots in the process,

Ar5ena1's spending spree? both us and lpool have shown that we can match that kind of "spree" in the past few years

Liverpool, perhaps can and do spend closer to Arsenal's amounts - however, as i stated before, Arsenal have consistently had CL to offer their targets whilst recently Liverpool have not. Hence Arsenal can usually get players to come to them over Liverpool or us.
To say that we can match Arsenal's spending power is you talking horsebrick again, it's like you honestly believe we can send 30M+ on a player and not have to recoup that in the same window, it's like you have conveniently forgotten that Arsenal spent 45M on Ozil in the summer of 2013 without having to sell anybody at the same time (unlike when we bought the 7 with all the big Bale windfall).

Your literary gymnastics at the pursuit of spreading the Gospel of Wengerinity are becoming legendary.

Last edited:
So did Wenger leave out Chec? More evidence of his genius!

But we know where this will end: with the scum winning the EL. Glass half full alternative scenario: it will end with Spurs beating the scum in the EL final.

So did Wenger leave out Chec? More evidence of his genius!

But we know where this will end: with the scum winning the EL. Glass half full alternative scenario: it will end with Spurs beating the scum in the EL final.

I have no idea. Why do goalkeepers need resting? Especially in a vital CL game. He obviously thought they would win comfortably.

I have no idea. Why do goalkeepers need resting? Especially in a vital CL game. He obviously thought they would win comfortably.
I have thought about this and I can only come up with (in our case anyway) it is to ensure you keep your back up keeper sharp in case your number 1 is suddenly injured. But why you would do it in a vital CL game, well I take my hat off to the genius that is Arsene Wenger. I must say that his underachievement in Europe will always be a blight on his managerial record. Long may it continue.

Have you thought it might be to remove him from harm's way ahead of Sunday's game with Man Utd?

But I really can't understand why Arsenal prioritise the league. They're not going to win it, so what are they attempting to achieve? To qualify for CL again, just so that they can embarrass themselves again by failing to qualify from the Group stages, it's like football's very own Groundhog Day but only, somehow, a funnier one to watch Arsenal fall time & time again.

It would be somewhat ironic if what made Arsenal finally drop out of the cl was their own uselessness (is that even a word?) in it causing England to lose a cl spot.

Avoiding the risk of injury in what should be a routine game ahead of a top 4 PL game.

Oh dear that worked out well. Still not sure I get it why you would gamble with your goalkeeper when the risk of injury/ tiredness is so much less than an outfield player and wining was so important.

It would be somewhat ironic if what made Ar5ena1 finally drop out of the cl was their own uselessness (is that even a word?) in it causing England to lose a cl spot.
Don't be silly. When the premier league loses a spot and we're down to 3 places in 2017/18....guess who'll finish 4th that year?.

Yep, you got it.

Back