• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

BQhocDsCEAAsK9N.jpg

BREAKING: Arsene Wenger has announced that Arsenal have signed Korean midfielder Fu-Kin-No-Won

BREAKING: Arsene Wenger has announced that Arsenal have signed Korean midfielder Fu-Kin-No-Won

:lol:

It's August. We've spent 50m. Arsenal have spent 0. Who would have predicted that?

I would feel bad though. For the away team and fans.
Let's face it, if a bit of space junk flattened the Emirates, would we all laugh or would we wet ourselves? Preferably just after they sign Suarez!

perhaps we should try a different tack and say nice things about the other lot then maybe we will start to dominate over them???

im struggling to think of something complimentary though..... they run the club the right way and are not bankrolled by oil barrens....there I said it

perhaps we should try a different tack and say nice things about the other lot then maybe we will start to dominate over them???

im struggling to think of something complimentary though..... they run the club the right way and are not bankrolled by oil barrens....there I said it

Pretty much this. Can't really hate them anymore, they run things like we do and go through the same tribulations that we do. If they start winning again, though, they will very quickly return to the level of ****ishness that saw them gleefully lie and cheat to sign Campbell and infect our lasagna in 05-06 (Will never fudging forgive that year).

Wonder what would happen if after all the talk they only signed a few youngsters by the end of the window.
Is there squad good enough to hold us off top 4?

Wonder what would happen if after all the talk they only signed a few youngsters by the end of the window.
Is there squad good enough to hold us off top 4?

There was one point in it.

Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho vs Sanago.

I'd say we're currently ahead.

I doubt they are finished their business.

There was one point in it.

Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho vs Sanago.

I'd say we're currently ahead.

I doubt they are finished their business.

In terms of NUMBER of signings, yes...but that doesn't necessarily translate to us having a better team/squad (though in terms of the actual buys it could); Their squad whilst having some issues are well bedded-in now. All our signings are coming from other leagues, none of which compare in physicality to the PL.

But time will tell. Laughing at them at the moment regardless:lol:

They have not recovered from missing out on Higuain.

They're still busy "missing out" on Suarez and Bernard. Who else have they enquired about/bid for without making an offer that would realistically be accepted?

In terms of NUMBER of signings, yes...but that doesn't necessarily translate to us having a better team/squad (though in terms of the actual buys it could); Their squad whilst having some issues are well bedded-in now. All our signings are coming from other leagues, none of which compare in physicality to the PL.

But time will tell. Laughing at them at the moment regardless:lol:

I was going with quality of signings. We have upgraded a striker and a midfielder. They have bought a backup/future player.

(I have no idea on Chadli)

I was going with quality of signings. We have upgraded a striker and a midfielder. They have bought a backup/future player.

(I have no idea on Chadli)

Fair points. I would so love it if they start the season with their current squad and we are able to beat them at their place Sept 1st. There'd be near riots there....

I like the way they stole our Van Der Vaart song and found it really original. I particularly enjoyed the way they predictability then tried to pass it off as their own.

At the moment the majority of them seem to be praying we lose bale, they are obviously frustrated by no first team transfers and Wenger's comments of our squad is good enough for the title when they know they are short on quality for a title push but not for another top 4 finish.

they are understandably wound up by our ambition thus far in the market....and supposed lack of theirs.

I don't want to tempt fate as I believe they will spend and get players in - I just wonder at Gazides monumental error of exclaiming we have 70m-we have spending power has given them a disadvantage before negotiations begin add to that Wenger has sole control over transfers and once a fee goes over a certain level he goes cold.......not a good combination imo

again I don't want to tempt fate but I am so impressed at how we got Baldini in and our recruitment process looks like a well-oiled machine.

Really chuffed we have got important deals done......Soldado is huge for us......

I was gutted at one stage I thought Higuain was nailed on and would have been a fantastic signing for them.....I cant understand what they are doing with Suarez - I rate the player but I don't think Liverpool would ever sell to them..... Higuain they should have nailed and now they have to watch him at emirates cup.

League positions are not exclusive to transfers but we have taken positive steps imo............ they need gk cb dm wf & cf imo cant believe they haven't at least made a common sense cheap purchase like buying QPR keeper...

Back