• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Im not so sure about that one...for all of our promise, and their regress, we're still fairly evenly matched. And they WILL make some changes this summer, especially if they dont have Champions League football, there is no way that they will let that happen and not do something about it. Wenger's stubborn, but he's too bad a loser to let that get in the way of his precious 4th place. It will interesting to see what difference it makes to each team's player recruitment though. Given that Wenger seems unconvinced by many of the players that Arsenal have been interested in in recent times I struggle to see who he's going to bring in that will significantly improve them, regardless of whether theyre in the Champions League. IMO the level of player that we can bring in is more greatly affected by CL status than it is at Arsenal; I could still see them pursuing and being able to sign Podoslki or Cazorla type players, even in the Europa League...players who, if coached into an effective unit, are amply capable of maintaining parity with us. I doubt that we can sign the sort of striker that everyone is calling for without the badge of Champions League football, and that may just harm us in the long run.

Totally agreed with all of this.

Arsenal won't suddenly become pariahs in the eyes of their transfer targets just because they miss out on CL for one season. They are widely considered to be one of Europe's top clubs. It will take more than a few years of missing out before they are no longer considered such. If they do miss out, I would still expect them to embark upon a major investment in the squad this summer. They'll be back. No question about it.

All this talk about a power shift in north London is nonsense - even if we do finish above them. It will only mean that we have been better this season. That's all. And even then, in all likelihood, only by a fine margin. We won't have left them trailing far behind in our wake. In fact, until our new stadium is built and until we have spent a few years consistently among the elite, it will continue to be a major achievement for us to finish above them.

Indeed. I'm hoping both catastrophes were all one long drawn out plan from the football gods to get AVB in the Spurs job and create a footballing dynasty.... Coys

I like this theory.

All the pain......there had to be a reason for it.

The likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are laughing because of our "run in" and that we will drop points to the likes of Stoke, City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. but what I don't understand is, them two teams too also have to pick up points when we drop. This is coming from fans of two teams that have lost/dropped points to the likes of Bradford, Blackburn, Swansea, Norwich, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom etc.

We are the team that are 12 games unbeaten, we are the team in form. They should be focusing on there own team instead of waiting for US to slip. At the end of the day we won't win the rest of the games, but we have arguably a 3 game cushion on 5th place, it means Arsenal have to make sure they win 3 when we lose 3, at the moment as the league and form shows, they are much more likely to drop points than we are.

We have Liverpool (A) and Fulham (H) our next two games. Recent years show we should win both or atleast get 4 points from the 2 games. Arsenal have Swansea (A) which recent form shows they shouldn't even win and then Everton at (H) a team in the same hunt for them, they should focus on them two as opposed to seeing if we drop points.

Liverpool are looking good at the moment. Going to be a very tricky game. I'd be happy with a point.

Arsenal fans really make me sick

The amount of them turning on Wenger and going on like they can't even be bothered to watch their team anymore or they give up on football etc

Try being a spurs fan for the last 25 years mate

Arsenal fans under the age of 35 have never had it as bad as we have, they've seen their club win almost everything and even now at their lowest point they're on a par with us at our highest (in that time frame)

fudge off little cry baby gooners, if you can't handle the bad times supporting your club you don't deserve the good times

I hope so much they sink into midtable and have to watch us competing at the top end for the next 15 years like we had to witness them, see if they have the stomach to support their club with the passion we have through thick and thin since the 90s

=D>

Uncle Mike (Forum Member) on January 31st, 2012, 11:43 pm

lee1001 wrote:
I'm not laughing any more. It's going to take a fantastic run of consecutive winning games for Arsenal and a complete capitulation from Spurs to overcome a 13 point deficit.
Tomorrow: We win against Bolton. 10 points. (Arsenal DRAW)

This weekend: We beat Blackburn and they lose to Liverpool. 7 points. (Arsenal win, We draw)

February 11: We beat Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine nicks a draw. 5 points. How's it look now? (Arsenal win, Spurs win)

February 26: We win the derby. 2 points. How's it look now? (Correct)

March 3-4: We beat Liverpool, they lose to United. Bingo, we lead by 1 point. (Both correct)

March 10-12: They lose to Everton, we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Us by 4. (Both correct)

March 17: We beat Everton, they beat Stoke. Us by 4. (Arsenal win, We draw)

March 24: We beat Villa, they lose at Chelsea. Us by 7. (Arsenal win, We Draw)

March 31-April 1: We beat QPR, they beat Swansea. Us by 7. (Arsenal LOSE, We win)

April 7: We beat Emirates Marketing Project at home, they get only a draw at Sunderland. Us by 9. (Both correct)

April 9: This could be a banana peel game for us, at Wolves. But it could also be one for The Scum, as they host surprsing Norwich. Us by 9. (Arsenal Win, Spurs Lose)

April 14: We beat Wigan, they beat Bolton. Us by 9. (Arsenal LOSE, We win)

April 21: We beat Chelsea at home (why not, we beat them on the road and we'll be healthier than we were then), they only get a draw at QPR. Us by 10, and there's 9 points left to be won. Happy St. Totteringham's Day. (Arsenal Draw, We lose)

April 28: We may only get a draw at Stoke, and they'll beat Blackburn -- but you never know, Blackburn won at United. Us by 10. (Both correct)

May 5: We beat Norwich, and they lose at Villa. Us by 13. (Draw, Draw)

May 13: Season finale, we win at West Brom, they win home to Fulham. Us by 13. (Both correct)

We finish 3rd, and don't need a qualifying round for the Champions League. They finish 7th, and Harry and all their macaron fans say, "Wha happened?"

So all in all he predicted 33 games and got 20 right, in some case massively wrong (5-0 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine is not a draw by any means), we also have three predicted Arsenal wins against Bolton, QPR and Wigan which in fact was 1 draw and 2 losses.

This season we have NO Modric contract distraction, NO Harry for England distraction and a good run of form leading up to our final games, something we can't say we had last season.

The myth of Magic Mike debunked.

Saw a gooner in the street at work today, I said to him "good time to speak to you isnt it." He replied with "mind the gap, mind the fudge up, it always happens, its going to happen". Why are goons such bellends, why cant they congratulate us on being good for once and them being brick....

Im hardly ever ****y to my goon mates (probably because in my 30 years on earth havent had much chance to be) but all gooners I know are pretty much arrogant, ****y bellends bar 1 or 2...

Saw a gooner in the street at work today, I said to him "good time to speak to you isnt it." He replied with "mind the gap, mind the fudge up, it always happens, its going to happen". Why are goons such bellends, why cant they congratulate us on being good for once and them being brick....

Im hardly ever ****y to my goon mates (probably because in my 30 years on earth havent had much chance to be) but all gooners I know are pretty much arrogant, ****y bellends bar 1 or 2...

Because they are all bitter mugs. They absolutely hate it that we are no longer brick. I am yet to find a gooner who you can have a decent football discussion with.

Anyway Uncle Mike doesn’t scare me. This time round his predictions don't ring true and you can tell by his tone he doesn't truly believe what he's saying. He'd didn't even use his trademark 'how does it look now?'. I have faith in AVB to finish the job.

I have us get 19 points out of remaining games and them on 26... that leaves us level on points. Feck.

I don't think we'll get enough points to keep it in our own hands. Equally, I think they'll fall short of enough to catch us.

The sheer arrogance that they believe that they will simply finish above us again as a certainty is totally hilarious.

You can tell the mood is different within the game this time. Wenger knows its gonna take something special because this is a special Tottenham team. You could also sense it earlier in the season, with the story coming out about then wanting to reduce salaries if they didn't make the CL. They know this year it could well be different for them.

Arsenal are to become the first Premier League club to play in Vietnam after the north London club announced they will play a pre-season friendly against the Vietnamese national side in Hanoi in July.

image removed

Back