• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Take enjoyment where you can get it. We celebrated a draw at Stamford bridge. Better than moaning about it.

I'm talking about the players and manager, not the fans. The players should be expecting to beat Fulham if they true aspirations to be top 4 not treating it like they've just done City 5-0

I'm talking about the players and manager, not the fans. The players should be expecting to beat Fulham if they true aspirations to be top 4 not treating it like they've just done City 5-0

If we were 1-0 down and came back to win 2-1 to put us topof the table i'd expect the players to celebrate. There is nothing wrong with it other than it being arsenal.

If we were 1-0 down and came back to win 2-1 to put us topof the table i'd expect the players to celebrate. There is nothing wrong with it other than it being arsenal.

Maybe it’s my unblinkered hatred of them clouding my judgement! But I do think it was a bit excessive to celebrate topping the table four games in. In March/April time I can see it more justified

Maybe it’s my unblinkered hatred of them clouding my judgement! But I do think it was a bit excessive to celebrate topping the table four games in. In March/April time I can see it more justified

Agree in part. But as i said take your enjoyment where you can.

The goons have a bye on Wednesday against Villa , who I am currently watching and they are beyond poor , absolutely appalling.
Plus the fact it's Villa's middle fixture with a full day less recovery time than the goons and they have Emirates Marketing Project to play on Saturday , so I'm sure they will rest players for the middle fixture, meanwhile the goons have four days rest between BOTH their games , the only team to have this, even their opponents don't get equal rest time between games.
This stinks.

The goons have a bye on Wednesday against Villa , who I am currently watching and they are beyond poor , absolutely appalling.
Plus the fact it's Villa's middle fixture with a full day less recovery time than the goons and they have Emirates Marketing Project to play on Saturday , so I'm sure they will rest players for the middle fixture, meanwhile the goons have four days rest between BOTH their games , the only team to have this, even their opponents don't get equal rest time between games.
This stinks.

Hopefully they go in hard like they did against us last season. Till romero broke one of their shoulders.

This stinks.

Villa were absolutely dreadful against West Ham and it surely won't be long before Gerrard is given the boot (a race between him, Lampard and Rodgers for first sacked - surely these teams can't ignore Poch being available?) But maybe, hopefully, they will be inspired to turn things around and do the gooners this week.

Villa were absolutely dreadful against West Ham and it surely won't be long before Gerrard is given the boot (a race between him, Lampard and Rodgers for first sacked - surely these teams can't ignore Poch being available?) But maybe, hopefully, they will be inspired to turn things around and do the gooners this week.
I do expect him to be no.1 for most of the bigger teams when jobs come up this season, question may be is would he hold out for United rather than have to take on what is now a competitive field to secure Europa? It may be a rare chance to join a team with huge resources who are so below par incremental progress will be sufficient to get more time than usual to build.

I don't know why but I also have a nagging feelng that Potter goes to Goons if they don't hit expectations this season.

I do expect him to be no.1 for most of the bigger teams when jobs come up this season, question may be is would he hold out for United rather than have to take on what is now a competitive field to secure Europa? It may be a rare chance to join a team with huge resources who are so below par incremental progress will be sufficient to get more time than usual to build.

I don't know why but I also have a nagging feelng that Potter goes to Goons if they don't hit expectations this season.

If i was him i'd be eyeing up the juve job rather than utd. Utd have just brought in ten hag so have to give him time. They've just had back to back wins aswell.

Only speculation on my part of course, but I wonder if his PSG experience will push him away from those poisoned chalice jobs like Man Utd. He would be a great fit for an Everton or a Villa imo (even though he is quite clearly well beyond their level.)

Only speculation on my part of course, but I wonder if his PSG experience will push him away from those poisoned chalice jobs like Man Utd. He would be a great fit for an Everton or a Villa imo (even though he is quite clearly well beyond their level.)
This was my interest, PSG ticked the trophy box but didn't seem a particularly pleasant experience, just debating whether he sees himself as part of the 'elite' merry go round now or is more passionate about the project. Good shout by Lil re Juve too, think PSG is seen as basket case that is no barrier to another job.

Back