• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

They have a great First XI though, maybe better than ours, whilst we may have some 'big names' like Kan and Son, they have all round good players.

However, they've played a lot of dross. They've beaten what's in front of them sure. They play Chelsea, City and Spurs all at home the first half of the season, meanwhile we've already played away to Chelsea and West Ham. I'm not worried, season is long. I think last December Chelsea were top.

Not saying we are going to go and emulate by winning the league, but i wonder how our start to season compares with Leicester when they won the league.
Winning ugly, nicking points where we aren't expecting them could be important at the end of the season, building a momentum, hopefully.

Not saying we are going to go and emulate by winning the league, but i wonder how our start to season compares with Leicester when they won the league.
Winning ugly, nicking points where we aren't expecting them could be important at the end of the season, building a momentum, hopefully.

Looks like city have the league sorted. So it's really just top 4 in the league and hopefully a cup this season we're aiming for. Looks achievable.

Looks like city have the league sorted. So it's really just top 4 in the league and hopefully a cup this season we're aiming for. Looks achievable.

City look unstoppable, it will be a much bigger upset than Leicester if we were to win the league.
It's more how these results and performances can toughen us up.

City look unstoppable, it will be a much bigger upset than Leicester if we were to win the league.
It's more how these results and performances can toughen us up.

We just need it to click like it did at the end of last season. Seems we're back at the win one lose one stage, just turning those loses into draws (which aint too bad in itself, would give us 76 points). But they need to find their groove again.

come on manu! LOL :p

during 'invisibiles' period, rooney and manu stopped them, wonder who it'll be at the weekend? CR7??

come on manu! LOL :p

during 'invisibiles' period, rooney and manu stopped them, wonder who it'll be at the weekend? CR7??

Hopefully now it's settled and Ronaldo is staying, along with being pretty well rested he can have one of his big games this weekend!

They have a great First XI though, maybe better than ours, whilst we may have some 'big names' like Kan and Son, they have all round good players.
What the actual fudge? Really confused by this. I mean... what the actual fudge are you talking about here?

Which players would get into our First XI?
(Do not include any rapists)

Last edited:
Looks like Saliba would get in our back line. Other than that I’m not sure who else? If they had a decent RB then maybe there, or you could argue to play Saka RWB?

Think Odegaard, Jesus and Martinelli are good but do they get in over any of Kane, Son, Kulu? Maybe Odegaard in our CM, but would be a bit open for Conte’s liking.

What the actual fudge? Really confused by this. I mean... what the actual fudge are you talking about here?

Which players would get into our First XI?
(Do not include any rapists)

I dont want to sound like them, the deluded lot they are, thinking man for man not a single one of their players would get into our team. Saliba and Gabriel probably in with a shout over Dier or Davies (or Sanchez). Zinchenko at least on par with Sess, Jesus obvs.

I think our depth on the bench is stronger, for sure, and hopefully they'll come unstuck, but let's not pretend they're not a decent XI. They are. With Uefa Cup they have the ability to rest players which we can't as we have CL.

I dont want to sound like them, the deluded lot they are, thinking man for man not a single one of their players would get into our team. Saliba and Gabriel probably in with a shout over Dier or Davies (or Sanchez). Zinchenko at least on par with Sess, Jesus obvs.

I think our depth on the bench is stronger, for sure, and hopefully they'll come unstuck, but let's not pretend they're not a decent XI. They are. With Uefa Cup they have the ability to rest players which we can't as we have CL.

Zinchenko getting ahead of perisic?
Jesus ahead of kane?
Saliba and gabriel we'll have to see.

Zinchenko getting ahead of perisic?
Jesus ahead of kane?
Saliba and gabriel we'll have to see.
It's not about the individual players. It's how they perform as a team. And right now they are playing really well and look like a very well coached team that have momentum and flow in the way they play.

It's not about the individual players. It's how they perform as a team. And right now they are playing really well and look like a very well coached team that have momentum and flow in the way they play.

When things are going well. Watch the team spirit, “elite mentality” and AFTV when things get a little bit difficult.

The post i replied to was comparing individual players.

The more people write off the goons, the longer it will last. We need to big up their title hopes, its theirs to lose now, champions elect etc.

Back