• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

The world's best striker could be heading for jail. He's apparently better at hitting taxi-drivers than the goal.

Nicklas Bendtner handed prison sentence for assaulting taxi driver
The Denmark international striker Nicklas Bendtner has been convicted of assaulting a taxi driver and sentenced to 50 days in jail, but walked free from the Copenhagen city courtroom pending an appeal hearing.

The 30-year-old, who plays for Norwegian club side Rosenborg, has appealed against the sentence, his lawyer said, and he was released until the hearing in a higher court.

In surveillance video of the incident in September, Bendtner appears to strike the driver in the face and kick him after a row started over which way the driver was supposed to drive. Bendtner admitted to hitting the taxi driver in the face, but said it was because he felt threatened when the driver threw a bottle or a can towards him and his girlfriend when they left without paying.

I'm not sure how we will fare against them tbh. Their attack will do well against our porous defence, but then again, their defence hasn't been all that either.

So 0-0

While never a fan of Arsenal or Man U, I don't have any issues with Danny Welbeck. A little sympathetic towards him after that awful looking injury he suffered against Sporting.

While I might hope for rival players to suffer the odd niggle or heavy flu in the days ahead of playing Spurs, I rarely wish ill for them - bar the likes of colossal qunts like Suarez, Gerrard, Terry. Karma can bite back nasty. Welbeck seems a decent bloke. From someone who knows what a bad injury can feel like (snapped ACL, gone for good) I hope he enjoys a full recovery.

While never a fan of Arsenal or Man U, I don't have any issues with Danny Welbeck. A little sympathetic towards him after that awful looking injury he suffered against Sporting.

While I might hope for rival players to suffer the odd niggle or heavy flu in the days ahead of playing Spurs, I rarely wish ill for them - bar the likes of colossal qunts like Suarez, Gerrard, Terry. Karma can bite back nasty. Welbeck seems a decent bloke. From someone who knows what a bad injury can feel like (snapped ACL, gone for good) I hope he enjoys a full recovery.
A fit Welbeck would make them significantly less likely to score goals, so let's all hope for a speedy recovery.

Back