• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Nice to see the people in charge of the nation's security are from the same stock that didn't see the Germans coming in 1940. Who would have thought all those fans in football shirts, marching through the West End were going to the match?

Nice to see the people in charge of the nation's security are from the same stock that didn't see the Germans coming in 1940. Who would have thought all those fans in football shirts, marching through the West End were going to the match?

It does beggar belief as to the IQ of some our so called security 'leaders'.

is it not to be admired that 20k foreign fans turned up and the police handled it with very little incident

if 20k english fans were to travel to a european capital you'd need to call NATO in

But they would be wrong to turn up to an event knowing that they could not get a ticket in the correct part of the stadium. The Germans were in the wrong and need to be thrown out of Europe, I would say the same if any English club had the same problem with their fans. It is an open and shut case and the only people that seek to blame the English are self hating people.

Cologne did not control their fans and the punishment should be that they be kicked from European competition as should be the same for any club who can not control their fans.

But they would be wrong to turn up to an event knowing that they could not get a ticket in the correct part of the stadium. The Germans were in the wrong and need to be thrown out of Europe, I would say the same if any English club had the same problem with their fans. It is an open and shut case and the only people that seek to blame the English are self hating people.

Cologne did not control their fans and the punishment should be that they be kicked from European competition as should be the same for any club who can not control their fans.

I think that a more fitting punishment would be for Arsenal to be made to compete in the Europa League for the next ten seasons for not controlling the crowd properly.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm saying there isn't much wrong with the situation.

Fans don't need to be controlled, they need to behave like human beings.

You can't blame Cologne if Arsenal sold them tickets.

think first thing we need to look into is if they bought the home tickets online from arsenal - if so they need to take the lions share of the blame.

Were the tickets on general sale if so why shouldn't they try to buy them its a general sale, they went to the part of the stadium they bought the ticket in so they were in the correct part of the stadium. - is there any restrictions on who can buy them, I cant see any on the spurs terms

this is the only thing I can see
https://i.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004038385-2017-18-Ticket-Membership-T-C-s

3.9 In the event of a General Sale of tickets to non-members, Match tickets can be purchased via the Club website or dedicated telephone booking line. All tickets are subject to booking fees, which are strictly non-refundable:

think first thing we need to look into is if they bought the home tickets online from arsenal - if so they need to take the lions share of the blame.

Were the tickets on general sale if so why shouldn't they try to buy them its a general sale, they went to the part of the stadium they bought the ticket in so they were in the correct part of the stadium. - is there any restrictions on who can buy them, I cant see any on the spurs terms

this is the only thing I can see
https://i.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004038385-2017-18-Ticket-Membership-T-C-s

3.9 In the event of a General Sale of tickets to non-members, Match tickets can be purchased via the Club website or dedicated telephone booking line. All tickets are subject to booking fees, which are strictly non-refundable:

I believe we restricted sale of tickets for the chelsea openener to members guest tickets and fans with a client reference number only, however, the Burnley game didn't have this restriction

didn't we do the same for Dortmund?

"apparently many Koln fans took out £39 arsenal memberships to buy £20 tickets"

Have they broken any rules by doing this - I don't think so.

In reality there was very little trouble its the numbers that are the story and it appears the majority had tickets.

I don't know, I bought the package which (at the time) was limited to members only

looking at the site now some games are general sale and others are restricted general sale

I guess we might have 20k barnsley fans heading our way

apparently many Koln fans took out £39 arsenal memberships to buy £20 tickets

supposedly the line from Arsenal to supporters prior to the game was that you couldn't buy tickets for that game with a membership bought after the draw had been made

Back