• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I wouldn't be too negative on our chances. 7 games left, 5 at home against the type of side we have been winning home games against this season (all teams outside the top 8 -- we have won every home game this season against teams 8th or below).

City away is probably a loss. Bournemouth away, if we play as we did today, we should get something. 16 points from here will be enough for top 4 imo. We must win the home games though.

I do get your point though, but we aren't gonna buy the calibre of players we need this summer even if we get Top 4. They're too expensive at present.

We need them though or at least 1 quality central midfielder but there's a fair few gaps in the squad. FB definitely needs addressing.

Can't wait for us to make nwhl a fortress again. May not happen this season - always takes sides a few games to settle in a new stadium - but next season we should have that platform of home turf to build on. We have missed that. We've missed a defensive foundation too this season. Can Wanyama get his eye in for the run in? Would be good to have him playing well. Was suprised Poch didn't get him on to help see out the game against pool.

Can't wait for us to make nwhl a fortress again. May not happen this season - always takes sides a few games to settle in a new stadium - but next season we should have that platform of home turf to build on. We have missed that. We've missed a defensive foundation too this season. Can Wanyama get his eye in for the run in? Would be good to have him playing well. Was suprised Poch didn't get him on to help see out the game against pool.

I'm hoping we get the bump of new Stadium, crowd at it's loudest .. then we will have summer to adapt.

We need to keep it together .. we can only probably excuse a City loss, the rest we will have to get results.

It’s a double hit, we lose money and one of Chelsea/Arsenal get a boost when things are starting to look precarious for them.

It would be a disaster imo, the CL is football.

Up until now I was of similar thinking. However. If we are in the Europa next season then at least it should mean decent game time for new/fringe players, and we can have a real go at the League. This year Chelsea and Arsenal have largely played fringe players in the Europa and still haven't really made any ground in the league. Next year if either make the CL they will really struggle. Chel have the transfer ban and Arse have limited funds. I'm so confident we'd bounce straight back.

Anyway - if we don't make the top 4, we'll just have to win the CL.

We will make top 4. A nice cheeky finish in 4th place by 1 point is my prediction. It will go down to the last day however so chance for a “sexy” moment

Wembley was behind my original 5th place prediction and I think it will be the case. Our midfield or should that be 'lack of one' has proved much more a factor.
But if those were the way the cookie was dealt;), due to injuries and mainly finances, we have to suck it up and move on.
All the whinging in the world will change nothing. Just make this place feel like NUMB!

Last edited:
Up until now I was of similar thinking. However. If we are in the Europa next season then at least it should mean decent game time for new/fringe players, and we can have a real go at the League. This year Chelsea and Arsenal have largely played fringe players in the Europa and still haven't really made any ground in the league. Next year if either make the CL they will really struggle. Chel have the transfer ban and Arse have limited funds. I'm so confident we'd bounce straight back.

Anyway - if we don't make the top 4, we'll just have to win the CL.
Isn’t the main reason that ARSEnal are restricted in their transfer dealings due to UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, which are on a rolling 3 year cycle?

As dropping into Europa Cup the past 2 seasons means their wage cap has to be reduced this summer, unless they get back into CL in which case they can go back to their previous spending.

Isn’t the main reason that ARSEnal are restricted in their transfer dealings due to UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, which are on a rolling 3 year cycle?

As dropping into Europa Cup the past 2 seasons means their wage cap has to be reduced this summer, unless they get back into CL in which case they can go back to their previous spending.

You sound pretty up to speed on it. FWIW, as I've stated previously on this thread, I think they are in for top 4 anyway. They have a lovely bunch of remaining games and are the most convincing out of our 3 competitors imo.

They're a shoo-in to finish above us now; they've got their usual easy run-in. We've got to match Man U's results and maintain our GD advantage. Are we capable? In other words, can we suddenly leap from relegation form back to winning 6 out of 7 or better? Not so sure, personally. I can see certain players choking on the pressure to win Wednesday, for a start.

They're a shoo-in to finish above us now; they've got their usual easy run-in. We've got to match Man U's results and maintain our GD advantage. Are we capable? In other words, can we suddenly leap from relegation form back to winning 6 out of 7 or better? Not so sure, personally. I can see certain players choking on the pressure to win Wednesday, for a start.
What on earth....You do realise Arsenal are poor away from home? They've got to go to Everton,Wolves, Watford and Leicester yet - they are far from easy. Our home games of which we have five I'd suggest are far more likely victories for us than Arsenals' away fixtures, even with our poor form. Of course anything can happen, but to suggest they're a 'shoo-in' is seriously wide of the mark.....

I can't dance with that @mudshark - I think the inevitable 1-1 v Palace is coming.

I want the Thurs morning headlines to read "Spurs off to a flyer in new stadium with rampant win".

Alas, I think I'll be waking to "Spurs held in frustrating opening night at new stadium".

What on earth....You do realise Arsenal are poor away from home? They've got to go to Everton,Wolves, Watford and Leicester yet - they are far from easy. Our home games of which we have five I'd suggest are far more likely victories for us than Arsenals' away fixtures, even with our poor form. Of course anything can happen, but to suggest they're a 'shoo-in' is seriously wide of the mark.....

They looked pretty well set up for the away game against us. We got lucky that day with their pen, didn't create much of our own due to their tactical set up and they dominated most of the game.

Yea that really didn’t happen did it..... except the penalty part, which they shouldn’t have been awarded anyway!

You think? I thought we were very poor that day and couldn't find a way to get around their set up in midfield. Lacazette missed two great chances and aside from the keepers double worldie at the end of first half I don't recall too many clear openings for us.
Think the general view was we got out of jail and not just with the penalty miss.

Last edited:
Back