• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Southampton don't have the guile to pull that off.

I think they have more guile than Burnley actually, just that Burnley have a more seasoned defensive system and a coach that has been in the PL for years. I wouldn't underestimate Southampton at all and i've been impressed with how their new Austrain coach has got them pressing. It'll be a hard game next week for sure

Last edited:
Agree totally with the above. I think we will see some pretty big ins and outs come the summer - and they’re probably needed.

I’d take a decent offer for Eriksen at season’s end. Trippier and Davies aren’t going to take us to the next level either, so let’s get rid. He saved a penalty today, yes, but for me Hugo is mentally frail in too many big games.

If you do what you always do then you’ll get what you always get. The squad needs a serious shake-up in the summer and I think that will happen. We haven’t really played well all year in all honesty - we look tired and stale, and it seems teams have worked us out to a large degree.

Surely a draw in the Utd v Goons game is the best result for us?

Get the gap to 5th as high as possible

I think they have more guile than Burnley actually, just that Burnley have a more seasoned defensive system and a coach that has been in the PL for years. I wouldn't underestimate Southampton at all and i've been impressed with how their new Austrain coach has got them pressing. It'll be a had game next week for sure

We might also just play a bit better against Southampton. We might not, of course. But if we don't defend like macarons, it will probably be enough to nick a win. Just nobody in the back 4/5 to act like a qunt, that's the strategy I hope we employ.

We might also just play a bit better against Southampton. We might not, of course. But if we don't defend like macarons, it will probably be enough to nick a win. Just nobody in the back 4/5 to act like a qunt, that's the strategy I hope we employ.

Lol, one can only hope:D:eek:

update:- entering mid-table obscurity

We can no longer be caught by the following:-

Crystal Palace - gw 29
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - gw 29
Brighton & Hove - gw29
Burnley - gw29

Southampton - gw 27
Cardiff City - gw 27
Fulham - gw 25
Huddersfield Town - gw 24​

Get the gap to 5th as high as possible

Or to 6th, if UEFA continue to pursue this investigation into Emirates Marketing Project's dodgy dealings and ban them from CL.

Haven't seen it properly spelled out yet. But if City get banned from Europe, does that mean that the fifth placed side would qualify for CL, given England holding four automatic places? Fun stuff for the media to swat about over the remaining weeks.

Or to 6th, if UEFA continue to pursue this investigation into Emirates Marketing Project's dodgy dealings and ban them from CL.

Haven't seen it properly spelled out yet. But if City get banned from Europe, does that mean that the fifth placed side would qualify for CL, given England holding four automatic places? Fun stuff for the media to swat about over the remaining weeks.

I can guarantee that if we finish fifth and this happened, there would be some sort of appeal, postponing the ban until 2021 when Chelski finish fifth.

No way City will get banned.

They won't get banned.
It will be a fine, negotiated, if anything at all.

I think we will see some pretty big ins and outs come the summer - and they’re probably needed.

I seriously would temper ‘any’ thoughts of serious changes to the squad except using an Eriksen ‘type’ windfall. Sadly it might not necessarily be Eriksen!
I would also get rid of Lamela and Moura as sthey are neither use nor ornaments these days!
Davies is ok for back up. We have no reliable right backs but I would keep one of the two senior pair, KWP is not even close to be ready for epl.

I seriously would temper ‘any’ thoughts of serious changes to the squad except using an Eriksen ‘type’ windfall. Sadly it might not necessarily be Eriksen!
I would also get rid of Lamela and Moura as sthey are neither use nor ornaments these days!
Davies is ok for back up. We have no reliable right backs but I would keep one of the two senior pair, KWP is not even close to be ready for epl.
I wouldn’t be writing off/getting rid of Lucas yet mate. Poch is a complex guy and there could be a million reasons why he’s currently not featuring. What I will say is we previously thought the AMs was a position of strength and one that we had strength in depth in but it’s looking more and more like there might need to be a mini makeover in that area. I know Dele is missing and will be better when he returns but it only takes for him or one or two of our other important atrackers to be out and we would be back to square one again....

I wouldn’t be writing off/getting rid of Lucas yet mate. Poch is a complex guy and there could be a million reasons why he’s currently not featuring. What I will say is we previously thought the AMs was a position of strength and one that we had strength in depth in but it’s looking more and more like there might need to be a mini makeover in that area. I know Dele is missing and will be better when he returns but it only takes for him or one or two of our other important attackers to be out and we would be back to square one again....

We need replacements for all of them but we know they won't all go and maybe none will because we have no money to replace them as I type.

I think while we've made it tougher for ourselves, it is very much about us. 9 games left, yes we can look at the games v Liverpool and City as a free shot. Win the other 7 and we get 82 points which I reckon will easily be enough. I suspect around 75 points will be enough (maybe slightly lower). I think winning 5/9 games will probably be enough.

Have you seen our squad?
You don’t let it get so threadbare if can help it, Levy is not stupid!

We will have to sell a good player to invest!

We have so many players we couldn't register them all this season. Our squad is a lot of things but threadbare it aint

We have so many players we couldn't register them all this season. Our squad is a lot of things but threadbare it aint

If you have to bring on Lamela and Llorente I’ll stick to threadbare.
We need a Dembele replacement and desperately, did you see the Chelsea game, it was a great example.
Dreadful performance from some.

Back