• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

They are not good enough sadly. We need to build around Kane and Dele and pe Winks, Sanchez and maybe Gazzaniga imo.

Every side has players that fans think are not good enough ( par for the course), what we need in some of our players is the desire to win crunch games and to be honest we seem to lose a lot of these crunch games.

To be honest i have been saying similar for while now and got stick for it, glad to see that Poch is now saying similar so maybe it will sink in.

Every side has players that fans think are not good enough ( par for the course), what we need in some of our players is the desire to win crunch games and to be honest we seem to lose a lot of these crunch games.

To be honest i have been saying similar for while now and got stick for it, glad to see that Poch is now saying similar so maybe it will sink in.

We need funds to replace the weak links. That won’t happen for a while.

Eriksen’s drop I form is marked. I hoping he will pickup and help get through to this top four birth. It’s vital.
I’m hoping Pochettino’s call to arms doesn’t backfire and discourage some.

I take it you mean some of our players? if that is the case they can sod off as they are probably the ones who need to "walk the walk" rather then just "talk the talk".

I was against us signing that Colombian midfielder we were constantly linked with after thinking he played like a right cnut at the world cup, but maybe we need more cnuts, they are often the sort of people that do well in life.

Also think that Lozano at PSV has the sort of fiesty Suarez type spirit that seems to be lacking in some of our players.

I was against us signing that Colombian midfielder we were constantly linked with after thinking he played like a right cnut at the world cup, but maybe we need more cnuts, they are often the sort of people that do well in life.

Also think that Lozano at PSV has the sort of fiesty Suarez type spirit that seems to be lacking in some of our players.

He isn’t fiery as in a fighter, he is a cheater IMo

In fairness he wanted to make some moves in the summer, he really did for these reasons, but we know the summer story...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not looking too rosy for us now with having to go to city and pool. We need to pick ourselves up and get back on our feet. Sissoko is doing well overall, and winks have been good, but we really do lack that boss in midfield sorely now that dembele is gone.

Not looking too rosy for us now with having to go to city and pool. We need to pick ourselves up and get back on our feet. Sissoko is doing well overall, and winks have been good, but we really do lack that boss in midfield sorely now that dembele is gone.
As opposed to united going to Arsenal and wolves and play City (I hope I got that right)

They are not good enough sadly. We need to build around Kane and Dele.
Winks, Sanchez and maybe Gazzaniga imo.

Agree totally with the above. I think we will see some pretty big ins and outs come the summer - and they’re probably needed.

I’d take a decent offer for Eriksen at season’s end. Trippier and Davies aren’t going to take us to the next level either, so let’s get rid. He saved a penalty today, yes, but for me Hugo is mentally frail in too many big games.

If you do what you always do then you’ll get what you always get. The squad needs a serious shake-up in the summer and I think that will happen. We haven’t really played well all year in all honesty - we look tired and stale, and it seems teams have worked us out to a large degree.

Next week becomes must win now.

Could do with united winning as well.

Surely a draw in the Utd v Goons game is the best result for us?

Ok...so...

We have 9 games left. We have won every single game against teams outside of the top 8, bar one (Burnley away). Of the 9 games remaining, 7 are against teams outside of the top 8. 5 of those 7 games are at home (and, so far, we've won every single home game against teams 8th and below). The other games are Liverpool and City away, but the others are all very winnable fixtures for us.

United have 9 games left. 5 against teams in the top 8, 4 against teams below. Utd record v top 8: P9 W2 D4 L3. In short, they are running out of the 'easier' teams to play.

Chelsea have 11 games left to play. 4 v the top 8, the rest below. Their record against teams in or below the top 8 is more mixed, but I will say that they have 4 very tough away games left: Liverpool, Utd, Everton and Leicester.

Arsenal have 9 games left. Top 8/below doesn't matter to them as much as home v away. At home, they are excellent: lost to City, drew with Liverpool and Wolves, won the rest. 5 of their 9 remaining games are away: Burnley, Leicester, Everton, Watford and Wolves. These games probably hold the key to their season and Arsenal's away record against teams above the relegation zone: P11 W2 D4 L5. A similar performance in their remaining away fixtures will see them finish in the Europa League places imo.

We're still 3rd. IMO, we need to beat Southampton (after falling over the line v Dortmund) and get to the international break, still in 3rd by at least 3 points and with everything in our own hands. Our run-in stacks up pretty well compared to our rivals, imo.

The games top 4 chase teams still need to play:

Spurs:
Home - Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham, Everton
Away - Southampton, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Bournemouth

Man Utd:
Home - Watford, West Ham, Chelsea, Cardiff, Emirates Marketing Project
Away - Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, Huddersfield

Arsenal:
Home - Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Crystal Palace, Brighton
Away - Wolves, Watford, Everton, Leicester, Burnley

Chelsea:
Home - Wolves, Brighton, West Ham, Burnley, Watford
Away - Fulham, Everton, Cardiff, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester

On paper our fixtures look the most favourable, however, that's with my "How Spurs used to be in previous seasons" gobbles on....i can see lots of banana skins amongst that now...whilst Arsenal's current momentum makes their look VERY good (only Man Utd left to play in top 6 now - i think we NEED Man Utd to win that actually..)

I think Man Utd's would look better if they had more away games actually...if they beat Arsenal, i think they could be set confidence-wise for the other games.

Chelsea's looks the hardest on paper, but theyt do have games in hand and the timing of when those games are played could be crucial.

We can but hope EL participation and the Thursday-Sunday thing takes its toll on our London neighbours....

#scared

Wolves, Watford and Burnley away will be arsenals undoing imo.

I certainly hope so..those teams are quite flakey though and it sadly seems Emery is training them to be able to weather the storm in games vs middling teams before getting his strikers to finish the job late on...

The games top 4 chase teams still need to play:

Spurs:
Home - Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham, Everton
Away - Southampton, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Bournemouth

Man Utd:
Home - Watford, West Ham, Chelsea, Cardiff, Emirates Marketing Project
Away - Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, Huddersfield

Arsenal:
Home - Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Crystal Palace, Brighton
Away - Wolves, Watford, Everton, Leicester, Burnley

Chelsea:
Home - Wolves, Brighton, West Ham, Burnley, Watford
Away - Fulham, Everton, Cardiff, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester

On paper our fixtures look the most favourable, however, that's with my "How Spurs used to be in previous seasons" gobbles on....i can see lots of banana skins amongst that now...whilst Arsenal's current momentum makes their look VERY good (only Man Utd left to play in top 6 now - i think we NEED Man Utd to win that actually..)

I think Man Utd's would look better if they had more away games actually...if they beat Arsenal, i think they could be set confidence-wise for the other games.

Chelsea's looks the hardest on paper, but theyt do have games in hand and the timing of when those games are played could be crucial.

We can but hope EL participation and the Thursday-Sunday thing takes its toll on our London neighbours....

#scared

Beat Southampton and win the home games, that would probably be enough. Right? That'd be 6 wins, and we are already 3 points ahead, meaning the others would have to win 7 out of their remaining games (whilst we also currently have a better goal difference than our rivals for 3rd/4th).

Beat Southampton and win the home games, that would probably be enough. Right? That'd be 6 wins, and we are already 3 points ahead, meaning the others would have to win 7 out of their remaining games (whilst we also currently have a better goal difference than our rivals for 3rd/4th).

Southampton is indeed massive now; however, i suspect they'll approach the game like Burnley did but with more finesse...i'm not sure i trust us vs such pressing/physical tactics anymore:(

Back