• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

£20m reasonable, half the price of Stones, who Wimmer is twice the player as

Given that they've only earned about 7.5 million quid more than that by selling Hummels, I don't think that's what they had in mind when they considered our willingness to let him go for a 'reasonable' sum. :p I figured they were talking about 10-15 million pounds as a fee, although they didn't really name figures as far as I could see (on schwatzgelb.de).

Why on earth would we sell Wimmer? PL clubs are awash with cash from the TV deal so prices will be higher this summer

Wimmer was being linked with a return to Germany in January too when Howedes was injured for Schalke. Simply put it's the Lamela story all over again. Remeber how many Italian clubs were going to take him off our hands after such a dismal first season? Same thing with Wimmer. Their media are just as lazy as ours.

Some of you may recall I have a friend of a friend who is in the Spurs squad. I found out today that the players would be surprised if Nabil was sold, he is expected to have as good a chance as anyone of starting next season if he can get and stay fit. I'm also told that the player I know expects an 'old friend whomoved up north' to be signed. He's a striker, so I guess he's a Emirates Marketing Project reject.

If you're mates the player I'm thinking of then are we talking about Bony, or Sinclair?

Bony
It was Ben Davies IIRC

Only thing i would say is that he must have a point to prove, i read somewhere probably rubbish but he has only made 14 starts since he moved there.

Then again, he comes across as one of those players happy to pick up his £140k a week or whatever he gets regardless of whether he plays.

Bony and Wanyama along with someone who can beat players on the dribble and I'd be happy enough.

We had our eye on Marital and Berahino before, so I'm pretty confident we've identified somebody.

Only thing i would say is that he must have a point to prove, i read somewhere probably rubbish but he has only made 14 starts since he moved there.

Then again, he comes across as one of those players happy to pick up his £140k a week or whatever he gets regardless of whether he plays.

He did moan a bit when Aguero walked straight back in from injury.

I can't see us going for Bony with his reported wages...and whilst he looks string, he looks to static generally for our pressing game.

Now, Scott Sinclair: how much is he likely on at Villa...hmmm...

Comes back to the question about what type of alternative striker do we want.

Personally i would like one that makes runs with good pace in behind the opposition defence, down the channels, stretches the game that way rather than someone who holds the ball up.

Comes back to the question about what type of alternative striker do we want.

Personally i would like one that makes runs with good pace in behind the opposition defence, down the channels, stretches the game that way rather than someone who holds the ball up.

Surely we need both no?
I guess Kane does a lot of the channel stuff, but the pace in behind could be improved (though perhaps N'Jie when he's integrated fully will give us that?)
Hold up play is also crucial - imagine a Dembele type up front to relieve pressure AND build attacking platforms...we'd be monstrous!

Surely we need both no?
I guess Kane does a lot of the channel stuff, but the pace in behind could be improved (though perhaps N'Jie when he's integrated fully will give us that?)
Hold up play is also crucial - imagine a Dembele type up front to relieve pressure AND build attacking platforms...we'd be monstrous!

I really like the look of Marcus Rashford at Utd, the pace, strikers instinct, good running.

The black box will fine someone I am sure.

Only thing that makes sense, given the Aber link. Nobody else who might be regarded as surplus to requirements there 'moved up North', either.

All depends on the definition of 'old friend'....friend of the player he knows, or friend of the club (as in an ex-player)..

Tottenham are trying to sign Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez and have offered him a £4.7m-a-year deal. Manchester United and Arsenal are also keen on the player (Marca)

Ones I would like to get rid off

Walker, Fazio, Chadli, Bentaleb, Carroll, Mason.

Ones I would like to see be promoted from the youth or be signed

Kyle walker peters, Pritchard, Maksimovic (torino, defender) a double midfield signing from Ajax as I like how that club brings through players and we have had success in the past with them, Bazoer and Anwar El Ghazi.

Froom the premership I would also chuck 12m at southampton and west brom for Wanyama and Berahino.

Probably a net spend of 25-30m but with champs league we will need extra help in midfield and up front.
Kyle Walker Peters is nowhere near the right level defensively to play for us. He struggles defensively even in our under 21 games, which are of far lower quality than PL football. If you are thinking of swapping Walker for KWP in our squad then you had better hope that Trippier stays fit, otherwise teams will really target us on that side.

Back