• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Mason is worth at least twice that amount. There is no way that we should be selling valuable squad players for only £6million, especially when they count as "homegrown"

OK lets change the price.

Make it £12m.

Then its "bite hand off ill even drive him there".

No way; others in the queue ahead of him.
Next season we'll have similarly big schedule but less games to 'blood' players like EL games this season.
An injury-free Mason will be crucial to keep us competitive at least

An injury free Mason would be a massive bonus for Villa as they start their attempts to get out the Championship.

Sabbatini does come out with some brick though. Most summer's he does come out with some rumours that rarely come to fruition.

In a summer where we are likely already seeling Bentaleb and likely letting Carroll go, there is no need to sell Dembele. Not only that but he has been one of our most consistent players all season. He's at a club with Champion's League football, playing with his Belgian mates and working under Poch. The only thing I can think of would be a Chinese club coming in and offering him so much in wages that he's had to say yes.

As for Mason, I think £10m is closer to the right value. Bournemouth may not be blessed with riches, but the TV money this summer is going to make everyone able to afford more. The £6m might just be their opening gambit, similar to how Levy plays things when negotiating. Mason though may also refuse to go because of his ties to the club. He may not be first choice, but he's still a useful squad player and whilst I can believe that we would let him go, his feeling's on the matter might be different.

Back