• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I'm interested to see what Wenger does here. On the one hand he is trying to avoid over paying on players that may not be that much better than what they have. On the other he is under increasing pressure from the fans who want big signings for big money to appease their desire to win!! The bigger the fee the better the player, it seems!

This is what sets us apart from these cretins - we have evolved as a fanbase, years of disappointment has mellowed (some of) us. I'm happy with our current set up, we're a proper football club who play good football. Trophies would be great but this will not define ny support for the club! Listen to Wright's comments on motd and you will see how arse fans think.

Oh, is he a bit of a 'wild child'?

1411293503_1391530736_1li4f93_mc48865d7.gif

I'm interested to see what Wenger does here. On the one hand he is trying to avoid over paying on players that may not be that much better than what they have. On the other he is under increasing pressure from the fans who want big signings for big money to appease their desire to win!! The bigger the fee the better the player, it seems!

This is what sets us apart from these cretins - we have evolved as a fanbase, years of disappointment has mellowed (some of) us. I'm happy with our current set up, we're a proper football club who play good football. Trophies would be great but this will not define ny support for the club! Listen to Wright's comments on motd and you will see how arse fans think.

Our fan base irritates me almost as much as theirs to be honest. For different reasons, but irritating all the same.

And to be fair to their fans, I'd be the same in their position. They have paid the highest ticket prices in the world while watching the club announce record profits for years and a level of income that very few clubs can match, yet they're still not signing ANYONE. How on earth can they go into ANOTHER season with Giroud and Walcott as their only strikers? Even if they're not going for the top level £70-80m end of the transfer market, you can't seriously tell me they can't find a better striker than Giroud for £30-40m which they obviously have available. Similar issues at CB - everyone could have told you before the season started that they needed one, now with Mertesacker and Gabriel injured they've looked worse than ever. When you look at the gap between our two clubs two years ago, when they'd just signed Sanchez and we were sacking Sherwood, consider the resources both clubs have had available in that time, and then look at the two teams now - well quite frankly I'd be livid if I were an Arsenal fan.

Our fan base irritates me almost as much as theirs to be honest. For different reasons, but irritating all the same.

And to be fair to their fans, I'd be the same in their position. They have paid the highest ticket prices in the world while watching the club announce record profits for years and a level of income that very few clubs can match, yet they're still not signing ANYONE. How on earth can they go into ANOTHER season with Giroud and Walcott as their only strikers? Even if they're not going for the top level £70-80m end of the transfer market, you can't seriously tell me they can't find a better striker than Giroud for £30-40m which they obviously have available. Similar issues at CB - everyone could have told you before the season started that they needed one, now with Mertesacker and Gabriel injured they've looked worse than ever. When you look at the gap between our two clubs two years ago, when they'd just signed Sanchez and we were sacking Sherwood, consider the resources both clubs have had available in that time, and then look at the two teams now - well quite frankly I'd be livid if I were an Arsenal fan.

Thing is these are the same fans who bragged during the winning era about how little Wenger needed to spend compared to other clubs because he was excellent at bringing through young talent. They then proceeded to enjoy the magnificent football he dished up with all the players he actually did buy (a brick load of them if we are being honest ;)) and everyone was happy.

Then along came Chelski with their large bags of money, followed soon by City and they protested at how improper it was for these teams to spend so mauch on players, Wenger didn't need to do this to be successful - they were invincible after all! They even accused manu of this too even though much of their money is self generated.

Now, no Prem title for 12 years they're like a pack of wild dogs that have been starved. The winning has gone, the glory is no more and they want Wenger to do what they lambasted other clubs for doing. Some want him out - this is the man that has turned them into a footballing club.

I'm not sure why you would feel sorry for these fans, they chased a club that used to win, that is the essence of their infatuation. Why are they not Spurs fans? I think it's because they loved winning and Arsenal happened to be doing that at the time. Now they are no longer doing this they can't deal with it and want a change - be careful what you wish for!

I can a logical reason for the differences. During the 10 years that have passed they have been up there with Chelsea, United, City, while we have been a rather mediocre mid-table team, which players like Gary Doherty, Gregory rasiak, Stephane Dalmat, etc. So while we have moved upwards with increased quality, the team they have been competed with have moved even further with a sugar-daddy ownership. Of course they are furstrated.

Back