• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Enjoyed this one as well, are there any outside of the normal format episodes coming over the international break to stem the boredom of no proper football?

I appreciate it was just a suggestion and not given as an direct excuse but the idea floated that Yyves dived because Luton were being physical doesn't really sit right with me, I saw it as an isolated moment of madness not a symptom of a team having the audacity to make a few challenges.

If the same argument was made to justify Salah's swan dives I think it'd rightly be laughed off. Not to dwell on it as obviously Ange handled it fairly well, the only thing to do is learn and move on from it (and as rightly said on the pod, hope that other similar incidents are consistently punished as they should be).

Edit - The Salah comparison isn't a brilliant one as this was a one off with Bissouma whereas Salah clearly goes for a dive more often, just putting this in before some else correctly points it out!

Last edited:
Enjoyed this one as well, are there any outside of the normal format episodes coming over the international break to stem the boredom of no proper football?

I appreciate it was just a suggestion and not given as an direct excuse but the idea floated that Yyves dived because Luton were being physical doesn't really sit right with me, I saw it as an isolated moment of madness not a symptom of a team having the audacity to make a few challenges.

If the same argument was made to justify Salah's swan dives I think it'd rightly be laughed off. Not to dwell on it as obviously Ange handled it fairly well, the only thing to do is learn and move on from it (and as rightly said on the pod, hope that other similar incidents are consistently punished as they should be).

Edit - The Salah comparison isn't a brilliant one as this was a one off with Bissouma whereas Salah clearly goes for a dive more often, just putting this in before some else correctly points it out!

There's one cooking for the weekend, yes mate.

I wasn't trying to excuse Bissouma's dive, more understand his thinking. Maddison had won one in a similar(ish) position a few minutes earlier. I think that Bissouma might have thought that he had an opportunity to win a free kick in a good position and dived thinking that there may have been more impact coming and it would then have looked more convincing. It was definitely a dive

I wasn't trying to excuse Bissouma's dive, more understand his thinking. Maddison had won one in a similar(ish) position a few minutes earlier. I think that Bissouma might have thought that he had an opportunity to win a free kick in a good position and dived thinking that there may have been more impact coming and it would then have looked more convincing. It was definitely a dive

Gotcha, yeah it wasn't used as a direct excuse or justification, more context for Yyves' thought process as you say but I didn't think Luton were that niggly or overly physical. They were just a second late to everything all over the pitch due to what respectfully to Luton was a gulf in quality between the two teams.

Gotcha, yeah it wasn't used as a direct excuse or justification, more context for Yyves' thought process as you say but I didn't think Luton were that niggly or overly physical. They were just a second late to everything all over the pitch due to what respectfully to Luton was a gulf in quality between the two teams.

I think that's fair. It reminded me a lot of an early rounds FA Cup game. Luton were sprinting to stand still in the first half

Top Of The League
Season 4 Episode 17

Milo, Gareth and Steff visit the 100 Acre Wood where Tigger and Eeyore talk ball. We chat about our table topping start to the season and ask how long can it last? There’s stats, there’s opinions, but we can’t decide who our host is?! Listen now and help us decide.

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/

F8isp-KAXk-AAVlk-M.jpg

Really enjoyed this again guys, particularly how you used the data - sparingly - to tell a simple story: what’s been served up this season is tangibly different to recent seasons.

As someone who works in data, this isn’t always easy! Nice one, even if the xG Police on here may be after you once they’ve listened…

@milo Would be interesting to know which team/teams were first in the opta stats when we weren't.
Was it one other team team that is matching us, or just a random?
And Bowie last week, style council this would also be interesting to know how you've got our Spotify playlist!

Good pod guys.
One negative / concern I have that wasn't mentioned is the yellow cards we are accumulating.
We have 27 in 8 games, the highest in the Prem.
Last season we averaged 1.97 per game, this season it's 3.3
I haven't checked other teams' ave per game, they may well also have increased due to any new referee guidelines for this season...but either way we have the most.

I realise it comes with our new positive, assertive, pressing game so I'm not overly concerned with the resulting increase in yellows, but we will be picking up suspensions which will test our relatively shallow squad.

Last edited:
Good pod guys.
One negative / concern I have that wasn't mentioned is the yellow cards we are accumulating.
I haven't checked other teams' ave per game, they may well also have increased due to any new referee guidelines for this season...but either way we have the most.

I realise it comes with our new positive, assertive, pressing game so I'm not overly concerned with the resulting increase in yellows, but we will be picking up suspensions which will test our relatively shallow squad.

Very interesting point...

Good pod guys.

Good point As you say, it comes with pressing aggressively but it is a bigger issue with a thin squad

@milo Would be interesting to know which team/teams were first in the opta stats when we weren't.
Was it one other team team that is matching us, or just a random?
And Bowie last week, style council this would also be interesting to know how you've got our Spotify playlist!

I've got those stats somewhere. I will try and share them tomorrow

Bentancur Is Back
Season 4 Episode 19

Steff, Milo, and Ricky pontificate on the the view from up top as we look back at the 2-1 win over Palace, we talk beautiful goals, we talk onfield education, we talk how fantastic Ange is, and we excitedly discuss the return of that beautiful bearded semi-mohawked mullet magician of a man known as Rodrigo Bentancur…join us!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/

F9q2w90-WYAAwd-Rf.jpg

Great pod again.
Two things, quite happy for city and arsenal to win. We open up a gap and the pressure is really on. The negative press will follow and we'll be under a lot of scrutiny. Keep it close and knick it at the end.
And Steph, Glasgow accents, dinnae dae that pal, OK, just dinnae!

Great pod again.
Two things, quite happy for city and arsenal to win. We open up a gap and the pressure is really on. The negative press will follow and we'll be under a lot of scrutiny. Keep it close and knick it at the end.
And Steph, Glasgow accents, dinnae dae that pal, OK, just dinnae!

I fancy myself if I went 'full-tilt' but...well...maybe you're right!

We've been put up for an award and need to submit some 5 minute clips for the judges. Any suggestions?

Good to hear. Any idea what the criteria for the nomination were Milo?

Is it from an entertainment or from a technical, tactical pov?

Back