• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

Again.. the schedule thing is a myth
Look at the timing of our games… the Friday then Sunday then Friday set up which has happened plenty is not normal
We have one week with 9 days in between and then one week with 4/5 days
It’s odd
Then we have players getting injured normally but an incredibly high volume which means the attacking players are playing every game.. hence the comment

Sorry mate I know we’ve had terrible luck with injuries but the schedule and the number of games really isn’t something we can complain about. There will always be instances where games come thick and fast and teams get dealt a bad hand with how the fixtures fall but we’ve got no European football. Were the last team that should be complaining.

Sorry mate I know we’ve had terrible luck with injuries but the schedule and the number of games really isn’t something we can complain about. There will always be instances where games come thick and fast and teams get dealt a bad hand with how the fixtures fall but we’ve got no European football. Were the last team that should be complaining.
But with 41 games
They should be able to organise it so we play at the weekends… I mean the league season only had 8 weeks off
But weirdly that doesn’t happen

If we are playing in Europe again we are going to be back to the whole 3-5 days between games schedule. It's it's an issue is an issue that we are going to suffer from consistently.
Not really
It means less training and more playing
It’s easier on the body for wear and tear
Issue is quantity of players maintaining quality there
City won everything last year but didn’t make changes all the time
They rested at the right periods
We haven’t been able too

Not really
Issue is quantity of players maintaining quality there
City won everything last year but didn’t make changes all the time
They rested at the right periods
We haven’t been able too

I recall the 2018/19 season we got to the CL final towards the end of the season we played a lot of games on Saturday at 12:30 kickoffs and people on here complained that we were at a disadvantage because we didn’t know how Arsenal (who were chasing us at the time) were getting on. For example, if they played early and lost then the theory was we could rest players for our league games. And we also complained about having to play after Leicester on Monday nights when we were chasing them. So in other words, we complain no matter what the circumstances are. We’ve seen it this season with the injuries , we’ve been hit hard but so have other teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Brighton for example but our injuries are more important than theirs. It feels like our fans expect the PL to consult the club before every game and ask us what time we want to play so it suits us perfectly at the detriment of every other team.

I recall the 2018/19 season we got to the CL final towards the end of the season we played a lot of games on Saturday at 12:30 kickoffs and people on here complained that we were at a disadvantage because we didn’t know how Arsenal (who were chasing us at the time) were getting on. For example, if they played early and lost then the theory was we could rest players for our league games. And we also complained about having to play after Leicester on Monday nights when we were chasing them. So in other words, we complain no matter what the circumstances are. We’ve seen it this season with the injuries , we’ve been hit hard but so have other teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Brighton for example but our injuries are more important than theirs. It feels like our fans expect the PL to consult the club before every game and ask us what time we want to play so it suits us perfectly at the detriment of every other team.
I think clubs should be consulted
The league arrange fixtures without ever thinking of fans
The city fans Friday were staying at the station (yeah I know it’s the cup)
I wasn’t saying we have unique circumstances but more that the way they schedule them for us this season is daft
No Europe should mean regular weekend football
Why aren’t Chelsea playing Mondays and Fridays? No one wants to see them would be my guess

Not at all. We choose how to train. Games are much harder on the body than training.
Lung-busting, desperate, chasing, lunges, scrambling and fighting to the 105th minute.

Not at all. We choose how to train. Games are much harder on the body than training.
Lung-busting, desperate, chasing, lunges, scrambling and fighting to the 105th minute.
Not according to the players I’ve heard talk about it
Match day is a rest day until the match
Training days came be 4/5 hours
If your playing Saturday/wednesday
You train Monday and Tuesday then Friday. You have recovery sessions in between
If you play just Saturday you train Monday to Friday properly

I remember Gary Neville and his brother talking about it and I’ve heard Peter crouch and Defoe too say the same thing

And if you flying overseas add that in too

Our players have no days off from Friday before Brentford (Ange talks about it in his post match) so that’s 4 days training
They may get Thursday off
It’s a LOT more training than minutes playing (what then are trained to do)

But with 41 games
They should be able to organise it so we play at the weekends… I mean the league season only had 8 weeks off
But weirdly that doesn’t happen

Because we are a popular team that people want to be able to watch on tv. So broadcasters will ask for games to be put on at certain times. Again it's not something we can complain about. Because it means more money that can be spent on better players.

Can everyone stop saying we've been run into the ground. Yes, it will always be handy to have someone to rotate in BUT our schedule has been as light as it c.ould of been. The only thing that has run some of these athletes into the ground is 'full throttle' training... something we are in control of. 90mins a week is all they are being asked to play on average, I bet some teams are 7-8 games ahead of us in fixtures played.
This is true for the season. For the last couple of months there hasn't been CL/EL/conference football. We haven't been in the league cup, but other than that our schedule has been "standard", but busy holiday period standard.

And that's come at a time with many injuries and players missing for other reasons. And we have a squad that imo wasn't ready for that (or CL football) this season.

Hopefully the recent small break will have helped. Because I do think some players were running out of steam before that. Will be interesting to see how we look in the coming weeks with more players returning and after that small break.

This is true for the season. For the last couple of months there hasn't been CL/EL/conference football. We haven't been in the league cup, but other than that our schedule has been "standard", but busy holiday period standard.

And that's come at a time with many injuries and players missing for other reasons. And we have a squad that imo wasn't ready for that (or CL football) this season.

Hopefully the recent small break will have helped. Because I do think some players were running out of steam before that. Will be interesting to see how we look in the coming weeks with more players returning and after that small break.
February's gonna be grand!

Because we are a popular team that people want to be able to watch on tv. So broadcasters will ask for games to be put on at certain times. Again it's not something we can complain about. Because it means more money that can be spent on better players.
Is there a limit to the amount of times a team can be selected per season for TV?.

As we are not on so much in the coming weeks and makes me wonder if they are holding back for the April run of Arsenal City Liverpool Saudi Sportswashing Machine (and probably Chelsea)?

I've aluded to my thinking in other threads but I think this summer we need to be a little bit ruthless in terms of recruitment. We now have a very progressive coach and one whose systems maximises the quality of the existing players. The shape is clear, the intentions are clear but we are lacking a bit in terms of suitability.

I've felt for most of the season that our first 11 is quite good and can give anyone a match on its day but it lacked depth and even the first choice was lacking a bit on the forward lines. I can't say that either wing has been convincing at any point this season. Even Son has been quite poor playing out on the left, which I do think is understandable at this stage of his career.

We need to sell and move a bunch of players that don't work and some of those names are favourites and we get all the same discussions of them being able to do a job except they can't. When you get matches like yesterday you see the failings in the 2nd or choice players and we've seen these failing over the course of the last 2 and bit months. Now it's not say we must move all of these guys on in the very next window but we do need to start thinking about replacing them.

Primarily I'm thinking about the forward three. It just doesn't work. The approach for Nusa suggests that we are at looking improving the void that is lwf role. So maybe we can be sorted there in terms of a starter and some depth.

Striker is in decent position with Son primarily and whoever ends up being the rotation option there (Richie or other).

The right hand side is a big issue. Kulu too often puts in sometimeish performances, his passing hasn't been crisp enough and he's just not been directly threatening since his first 6 months. He's ultimately not cutting it as a RWF, then you have Johnson who I do think plays better on the left but on the right he's a bit of ghost. He doesn't really get involved in the match and other than moments you can forget he's really playing at times.

I do think if we want to get serious we need to be a little bit ruthless with the left and right sides as neither is providing enough.

We need to be starting with different options in the wide areas than we have been this season.

I don't think it way out there thinking, main issue a few of us have seen is (getting to this late)

We need more goals from somewhere
- Right now our dependable goal threat is Son, probably 20 goals/season if through middle, will drop off some if wide
- Maddison is probably next best in terms of consistency, probably safe bet at 10 goals a season

We have two unresolved issues
- Richi, Deki, Johnson, Solomon, Werner are all unknown quantities re consistent goals in this side
- Team dynamic, i.e. which of those work best together with which midfield

The options
- Wing forward that provides more of a threat goal wise
- Replacement #9 that is a more of a outright goalscorer

I don't think it way out there thinking, main issue a few of us have seen is (getting to this late)

We need more goals from somewhere
- Right now our dependable goal threat is Son, probably 20 goals/season if through middle, will drop off some if wide
- Maddison is probably next best in terms of consistency, probably safe bet at 10 goals a season

We have two unresolved issues
- Richi, Deki, Johnson, Solomon, Werner are all unknown quantities re consistent goals in this side
- Team dynamic, i.e. which of those work best together with which midfield

The options
- Wing forward that provides more of a threat goal wise
- Replacement #9 that is a more of a outright goalscorer

For me i like son as cf. Willing to give johnson, Solomon and werner time. Not too much though. We'll look at things in the summer i'm guessing.

For me i like son as cf. Willing to give johnson, Solomon and werner time. Not too much though. We'll look at things in the summer i'm guessing.
We have to. Happy for Johnson as option for both sides and time for him to develop. Kulu again as an option for the centre and middle. But the problem is I keep seeing the words options used not full bore guaranteed starters due to their quality.

We need a minimum of one direct goal creating/threatening WF.

Back