• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Stupid from Bairstow to expect an Australian to be capable of acting like a gentleman.

Haha absolutely, imagine seeing out a ball marking your ground and thinking the over is over, silly boy

7697f57dd02cbb1bf0910c672034d9fd

Too busy acting like winners.
Too busy lowering a great sport to the level of others like football. They've been at that through various methods for a long time now.

Bit like City spending £2bn on players - little value in winning when the whole sport loses.

Too busy lowering a great sport to the level of others like football. They've been at that through various methods for a long time now.

Bit like City spending £2bn on players - little value in winning when the whole sport loses.

Too many with bellys lower than a snake that enable that kind of thing in sport....

England lost because they were too casual; both against the short ball in their first innings and with Bairstow not staying switched on. The better team has won both tests so far.

England lost because they were too casual; both against the short ball in their first innings and with Bairstow not staying switched on. The better team has won both tests so far.
Fine margins as usual in cricket.
Not much between the sides, still think England can win 3-2.

England captain Ben Stokes says he would not want to win with such a contentious dismissal as Jonny Bairstow's in the second Ashes Test.

The controversial stumping threatened to overshadow Australia's 43-run win against the hosts at Lord's.

Believing the ball to be dead, Bairstow wandered out of his ground as wicketkeeper Alex Carey threw down the stumps and was given out.

Stokes said he would have withdrawn the appeal in that situation.

"Jonny was in his crease, then out of his crease to come down and have the chat," Stokes, who hit an incredible 155 as England threatened an unlikely victory, told Test Match Special.

"I am not disputing the fact it is out because it is out.

"Would I want to win a game in that manner? The answer for me is no."

Should really have won the first test “led” pretty much the whole test until the last hour, didn’t even play that well and made a ridiculous declaration leaving at least 50 runs on the table.

played like brick at Lords for 3 days and still managed to get within 40 of a win.

the more I think about that dismissal the more annoying it becomes, it was basically a wicketkeeper Mankad. They admitted they saw Bairstow leaving the crease after deliveries had finished in the balls previously, normally you give the batter a warning in situations like that.

They admitted they saw Bairstow leaving the crease after deliveries had finished in the balls previously, normally you give the batter a warning in situations like that.

And that does not take skill, thats almost saying that you were looking for ways outside the realm of whats needed to take wickets to take a wicket, thats a reach for me. I think its robbing people of seeing how the game can unfold and its almost taking the easy way out IMO.

Should really have won the first test “led” pretty much the whole test until the last hour, didn’t even play that well and made a ridiculous declaration leaving at least 50 runs on the table.

played like brick at Lords for 3 days and still managed to get within 40 of a win.

the more I think about that dismissal the more annoying it becomes, it was basically a wicketkeeper Mankad. They admitted they saw Bairstow leaving the crease after deliveries had finished in the balls previously, normally you give the batter a warning in situations like that.

This is worse than a Mankad because the non-striker is deliberately leaving his ground early to gain an advantage.

This was just petty BS by the aussies.

Was t about Bairstow not being switched on - the over was finished.

Nobody at any level of cricket stumps from there, it's just not done.

Except Australians obviously.

Don't fudging cheat then you prick

Marylebone Cricket Club members made "disrespectful" comments to Australia players in the Long Room at Lord's, says Australia batter Usman Khawaja.

Television footage appeared to show confrontations between Khawaja and David Warner and spectators as Australia walked off for lunch on day five of the second Test.

The incident came after Jonny Bairstow was controversially stumped by Australia wicketkeeper Alex Carey.

The MCC has apologised "unreservedly".

"It was really disappointing," said Khawaja.

"Lord's is one of my favourite places to come. There's always respect shown at Lord's, particularly in the Members Pavilion in the Long Room, but there wasn't today.

"Some of the stuff that was coming out of the members' mouths is really disappointing and I wasn't just going stand by and cop it. So I just talked to a few of them.

"A few of them were throwing out some pretty big allegations and I just called them up on it and they kept going, and I was like, well, this is your membership here.

"It's pretty disrespectful, to be honest. I just expect a lot better from the members."

Marylebone Cricket Club members made "disrespectful" comments to Australia players in the Long Room at Lord's, says Australia batter Usman Khawaja.

Television footage appeared to show confrontations between Khawaja and David Warner and spectators as Australia walked off for lunch on day five of the second Test.

The incident came after Jonny Bairstow was controversially stumped by Australia wicketkeeper Alex Carey.

"Lord's is one of my favourite places to come. There's always respect shown at Lord's, particularly in the Members Pavilion in the Long Room, but there wasn't today.

"Some of the stuff that was coming out of the members' mouths is really disappointing and I wasn't just going stand by and cop it. So I just talked to a few of them.

"A few of them were throwing out some pretty big allegations and I just called them up on it and they kept going, and I was like, well, this is your membership here.

"It's pretty disrespectful, to be honest. I just expect a lot better from the members."

Haha, being called a cheat when your team has a history of it then wanted them to lose their memberships.....

They're words you don't often hear an Aussie say in the context of sport "disrespectful and honest" He obviously didn't understand the members expected a lot better from him and his team mates.

Back