• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

As it not on terrestrial or Sky TV its virtually gone unnoticed the game started, I was shocked when I put machine on to see NZ score and thought it's been raining or England been blown away. Declaring before 60 overs!!!! I can't ever remember England doing that, it's one in the all the commentators who ALWAYS moan about England batting on, but some idiot on BBC site thought England "had left some runs there" when declaring, those 8 or 9 runs the last wicket might have added was more important than getting Williamson and 2 other wickets?

Second lowest first innings over declaration ever apparently in Internationals and I imagine that was due to some other circumstance. That last declaration to get those overs under the lights was genius

Second lowest first innings over declaration ever apparently in Internationals and I imagine that was due to some other circumstance. That last declaration to get those overs under the lights was genius

Blimey do you have a collection of Wisden? I dumped mine (under pressure) when we moved 10 years ago.

My dad took me to my first Tests at Lords in 1957 and average rr was about just over 2.3 back then. I didn't realise at the time I was watching legendary players like the 3 W's, Sobers, Kanahi, Valentine and Ramadhin, had to wait about 40 years to see us beat Windies in 3 days at Lords again.

Ok, I use to read the cricketer mag, it was my almanacs I had to dump because I was told I never look at them and they were taking up space and they weren't staying in the living room display cabinet anymore.

The Ashes this summer is going to be immense
Both teams just going for it over 5 tests
Unless we have a terrible June/July weather wise no test is going to last 5 days
I’m going 3-2 England

Does this mean we have to watch another humiliating scene of an Aussie skipper crying at a press conference, I know I shouldnt but I get so much pleasure out of it.

Broad and Ando, best bowling pair on record

FpOvdfZWYAcqFGs

Last time a bowler bowled out the 1, 2 & 3 was in 1960, Fred Trueman !!

If I had my Wisden Almanacs I could have told you which team we were playing and who the victims were, I'd guess it might be India. I watched first session last night and thought Root had put us in the brick when he got out. Strange tactic set by Kiwis, hope we misbrick and they can catch one. I think Brooks could be one of our greatest batsman if he continues in this vein.

Nice to wake up to see us with a comprehensive win over NZ and also to see India smashing the Aussies yet again

Surely us and the Indians will have more points now

upload_2023-2-19_8-41-27.png

No other team in current or past cricket would have set out to declare after 60 overs on day one apart from us currently, it's a joy to watch

Back