• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

You are aware that's more or less the top 7 that just failed at this tournament, bigger changes are needed than using existing players in a slightly amended order. Stokes should be in there as an all rounder option. Bopara has good experience, can bat and can fill in for 3/4 overs as well and is a decent fielder. Carberry should be given some games, done well in the shorter form. Is a bit old I agree but worth a shout.

I don't follow country cricket enough to know who else is up and coming.

Bell shouldn't be in there, doesn't score enough in the big games or make those telling contributions. Great stroke player but doesn't have a big enough impact for me.

You can't just clean house with your top order though. I'd consider dropping Bell for the reasons you've said and Morgan because he's so far out of form but at you need to stick with your best players. Take out Bell for Jason Roy in my listing and you have 3 new batsmen in the Top 4, that's a petty big change.

Very evenly poised at the SCG, from where they were at one stage the simpletons have fallen away a fair bit, some good bowling from India though

Could go to the wire this one

India to win this game, 11/4 in play with Skybet, I feel that's far too generous

I've had a dabble on that at that price

Not very biased the aussie commentators, clearly the ball bounced before being caught but it's still out apparently...

Almost enough to make me happy for a NZ win.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/28/terminally-ill-martin-crowe-world-cup

New Zealand’s former captain Martin Crowe, who is terminally ill with lymphoma, has penned a moving tribute to his countrymen ahead of Sunday’s World Cup final.

In a column published on Cricinfo, the 52-year-old said Sunday’s match at the MCG might be the last he ever sees.

“My precarious life ahead may not afford me the luxury of many more games to watch and enjoy,” Crowe wrote.

Game on. Kiwis batting. Will be a different challenge for them on the big MCG instead of Eden Park where they could bat very aggressively with shorter boundaries.

fudging bang. McCullum in all sorts of trouble. Showed no respect for the best bowler of the tournament. Was only going to end one way.

I thought Taylor and Elliott might have kicked in and giving us something like 220-240 to chase. That would have been interesting.

Stranger things have happened but you can't see us losing from here.

Back